Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+110
Sharkovsky
tacticalnerfer
JeremyArifin
lama9800
Sillyf1car
Tarquin
joshredder
Echoes
Haaron05
Yoman987
DaftYoshi
Mobslut
Kaine
Darkden84
ZeusPwns
Rooksy
Napolean
AbyssHD
FrostCheif
Apex Weapons
Generous
lech
Acerised
GLMC
dchil15
ShadowSniper
WH1PLA5H
boothy
FatherTime
Sicnut
-mirsho
asianassassin325
grimrecka
dafalcon
Nooft1187
|Shadow|
Bacara
natious
IamWaylander
iamthatcat
TheTrueMcMuffin
TylerMaxwell
NORTHENGHOST
Sheepie_125
Philb2323
stoph
N.W.A.T
inPhamous
againstallodds
makeitgo
cfb_rolley
thestick
Bommah
revo
melbourneSTORM4eva
Sir_Spacemonkey
mister_elliott
Sairex
sniperdude49
frostythesnowman
slender
Jeo
JacobYeah
Johnnus
Ungodlyfreak
Samurai
littlebro05
holdentem
Swatsonia
KingCam
oxymoron
GirlyGamer
Joey
melbnerf619
camo1010
LostBoy
abowden
PhantomSambo
UtahR
Sadavi5
evozn
interflop
WV17
spudkopf
False
Dietzie
plulse
Psychosis
Mozart
Akimbo Assassin
Photo Ninja
matt.chopper
redcricket077
phuonguyen
RL
Genacon
gooni
TooBz
ElementGuy
obrieal
Unknown
Silent Scope
SnowDragon
boosted6
Zinv
Frankie27
Luke
clunk07
TheBradl3s
Winterstrike
114 posters

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  clunk07 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:29 am

evozn wrote:

Does the 4k turret rotate with the pump?

Yes, it does auto-roatate with the pump. I was fairly impressed, it's almost in NIB condition.

Cheers,
    Bommah
    Bommah

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  Bommah Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Bacara wrote:The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 P2120010

The top octo is my personal one, the other two were commissions for local Sydney folk.
    All three pack 14kg ONN runout springs and full SS-style overhaul (ie 32mm bathplug, replaced plunger system). Ranges of 45-50m flat.
    Hey where abouts did you get those blasters, and how much for them, were they in sydney?
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:29 am

Can you read mate? He pretty clearly said that he bought them at IGA Fraser Island for $8.
    Bommah
    Bommah

Post  Bommah Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:53 am

mister_elliott wrote: He pretty clearly said that he bought them at IGA Fraser Island for $8.
    O really? I actually didn't see that
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:15 am

mister_elliott wrote:Can you read mate? He pretty clearly said that he bought them at IGA Fraser Island for $8.

Drop the attitude. Consider that a warning.
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 am

@Bommah, I got three triplsehots and three 8-shooters (for the turrets) at the Wollongong Toys'R'Us. Normally the tripleshots are $30-$35 (can be as low as $15 on sale) the 8-shooters are $20 each ($10 on sale). From what I've heard from the rest of the Sydney crew, the sydney TRU's also stock them fairly regularly. They have also been said to be found at Toyworld's.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 am

Bit of a show off of what I normally use at wars.

Bommah
    Bommah

Post  Bommah Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:40 am

Bacara wrote:@Bommah, I got three triplsehots and three 8-shooters (for the turrets) at the Wollongong Toys'R'Us. Normally the tripleshots are $30-$35 (can be as low as $15 on sale) the 8-shooters are $20 each ($10 on sale). From what I've heard from the rest of the Sydney crew, the sydney TRU's also stock them fairly regularly. They have also been said to be found at Toyworld's.
    Oh excellent, that gives me a reason to visit my aunty at sydney lol
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 am

Bacara wrote:@Bommah, I got three triplsehots and three 8-shooters (for the turrets) at the Wollongong Toys'R'Us. Normally the tripleshots are $30-$35 (can be as low as $15 on sale) the 8-shooters are $20 each ($10 on sale). From what I've heard from the rest of the Sydney crew, the sydney TRU's also stock them fairly regularly. They have also been said to be found at Toyworld's.

I can confirm they are sold at some Toy Worlds, my local one here sells them.
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 pm

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 2012-010
    just a wip, can you guess what it might be?
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Nooft1187 wrote:The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 2012-010

halo 2/3 battle rifle?
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Nooft1187 wrote:The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 2012-010

A Longshot!
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am

Here's a picture of my underslung extension-fire hand cannon, the Tintagel.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 2012-012

Started as a Star Wars Clone Trooper Blaster. Dart weight and switch, barrel lacquer, kicked ranges up to a usable 25-30 feet but accuracy is practically nonexistant... but it's for close range anyway, so. >.> Moved the handle, added a leather brace, added lots of fun steamy stuff to it. When attached to my harness (not pictured) it fires just by extending your arm, meaning you can operate it hands-free after cocking- a great last-resort weapon if you're carrying a 2-handed primary, or if you're using two one-handed weapons. Mostly, though, I'm just gonna be using it as a prop. Cuz yay props.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:27 pm

My Snap carbine Mk II

Updates
    New body, 40mm DWV PVC, used to be 32mm PVC (non pressure).
    New piston, lighter, no more 15mm T; smaller handle 20mm Upvc.
    Improved spring compression, near full.
    Re-used handle and clothes pin

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img_0128

Hits 35m
    iamthatcat

Post  iamthatcat Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Breeched and externally banded NF. The bands didn't give me too much range. I already had a strong spring. It did increase dart speed and accuracy. It finally got me to 100' too. A knot holds the bands to the priming rod. The priming rod is shaped to a sort of notch to hold the bands. I added foam and cloth tape to cushion both the priming rod and to keep the bands breaking. The cleat is CPVC. The front sight is the chopped up barrel from the stock NF (it works by clipping on).

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1798js

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1734t

"Kitchen Sink/Overkill" NF layout.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1812v

Here's an SSPB with a NF grip following Solscud007 & Demolution from SGNerf.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1866ts

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1867ob

Last edited by iamthatcat on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 am

Just a little something I decided to do.
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Snapsh16
    I already have NF's outclassing the lightly modded Scout, and I always wanted an underbarrel attachment which wasn't a Secret Strike. It fires about 11-12m with DTs, and 12-13m with Whistlers. The trigger is the Streamline head stuck onto the Titan linked catch, and I've cut through the centre of the slide to accomodate.
    It's quite easy prime because the spring is fairly weak. It's also easy to fire via the button, and it's extremely reliable, not misifiring unless it's misprimed.
    dafalcon

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Empty LSR12 Prototype #1

Post  dafalcon Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am

Longstrike Sniper Rifle - chambered for 12mm nerf darts aka Streamlines

• Air restrictor removed
    • Orange Mod Works - Stage 1 Unleashed kit
    • Generic Airsoft 6-9inch folding bipod with 20mm Picatinny mount
    • Tasco 3x-9x zoom scope with 20mm Picatinny mount

Notes:
    Still a work in progress, as I'm waiting on 13mm brass tubes to be fitted. Hopefully that will give the gun improved range and accuracy. Will do a youtube video showing range and accuracy soon.
    Yes, the scope is just for the 'tacticool' factor, but I guess if you calibrate it enough, it might be useful.
    In case you guys are inspired to attach real gun accessories, remember to pick 20mm (max) Picatinny mounts as they happen to fit just right on the Longstrike rails.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 IMG_0336
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 IMG_0338
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 IMG_0339

grimrecka
    grimrecka

Post  grimrecka Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:50 am

Pump action Recon. Apart from that completely stock.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img_2010

I just finished this morning after going on a modding binge over the last two days. I originally 'started' this mod early last year but put on the back burner for a while because I couldn't find a nice way to attach the pump onto the bottom tactical rail. If I can get hands on some CAD software I might be able to make a nicer pump using the CNC at school where I work.
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125

Post  Sheepie_125 Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:41 am

grimrecka wrote:Pump action Recon. Apart from that completely stock.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img_2010

I just finished this morning after going on a modding binge over the last two days. I originally 'started' this mod early last year but put on the back burner for a while because I couldn't find a nice way to attach the pump onto the bottom tactical rail. If I can get hands on some CAD software I might be able to make a nicer pump using the CNC at school where I work.

Three words for you mate: Autodesk Education Community - google it and you'll be a happy man
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:11 am

Don't know whether its CNC friendly, but Google Sketchup is free, and super simple to pick up.

Generate simple 3D geometry, and get orthographic views and measurements. I swear by it with mockups for my artwork, maybe check it out
    grimrecka
    grimrecka

Post  grimrecka Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:26 am

Sheepie_125 wrote: Three words for you mate: Autodesk Education Community - google it and you'll be a happy man
    Thanks, I'll look into it. I've had some experience with Solid Edge, so I might check if they have an education version as well.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:29 am

I use vector works, very expensive and hard to pick up, you need to be taught it, but reading through a manual will do you fine.
    You can create anything on it though, If you do computer design subjects, you will be taught in it's use. I suggest anyone who is still at school try their best to get into a subject where they will learn it, once you have mastered it you will be able to design anything, including a nerf gun with a proper shell.
    iamthatcat

Post  iamthatcat Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 am

Concept courtesy of Lein and his Switch Shot/SM 1500! BB Snype Blast/BB UMB tank. 2 pumps gets 90' with stefans.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1946q

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1948e
    Sir_Spacemonkey
    Sir_Spacemonkey

Post  Sir_Spacemonkey Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:04 am

iamthatcat wrote:Concept courtesy of Lein and his Switch Shot/SM 1500! BB Snype Blast/BB UMB tank. 2 pumps gets 90' with stefans.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1946q

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1948e

Love it
    iamthatcat

Post  iamthatcat Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:23 am

Thanks! I still have a few tweaks to the trigger and whatnot but it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys!
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:21 pm

My reflex ummm... thing...

[img]The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Snapsh17[/img]

[img]The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Snapsh19[/img]

The guns are great I get any where between 30-40 ft with these things (basic mods, AR removal and e-tape around the plunger tube).

This was my first cosmetic mod... sorry for the crap paint job, they were the only two colours I had and the black ran out before I could do a
    second coat.

Thanks
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Not quite Nerf, but just something I did a while back:
    1/35 scale PaK 75 with crew
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 P3020111

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 P3020112

Yeah it's supposed to be a snowscape, kinda forgot to give the gun a whitewash...
    iamthatcat

Post  iamthatcat Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 am

Chopimigated BB DS

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1961bj

Reflex with chopped BB UMB guts. Uses 1/2 thinwall pvc and a slice of pvc coupler as a bushing for the pump. I would like to adjust the oprv as it can probably take a pump or 2 past 4. Dunno really if I'll keep up on this so a test trigger. Surprisingly solid to pump up. Everything is hotglued to one side.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1975e

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1970d

Last edited by iamthatcat on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Samurai
    Samurai

Post  Samurai Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:55 am

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 DSC08451
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:45 am

My Zerker. Turret and airgun stock for the moment - will mod the airgun part on Monday.
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Snapsh17
    False
    False

Post  False Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:32 am

Stock + Longshot spring, seal improvement, couplered. Video soon to be/ up on my channel

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1909yz
    By false_ at 2012-03-10

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1908b
    By false_ at 2012-03-10

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1910rc
    By false_ at 2012-03-10

asianassassin325
    asianassassin325

Post  asianassassin325 Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 pm

This is my shotgun fore-gripped Recon. I built it about 2 months ago but i never really got around to putting it on Youtube or any of the forums. Ill post a full thread on it soon
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img_3720
    Its really really solid and primes extremely smoothly, This is one of the best Recons i've ever made.
    Lol, no coat-hangers, duct tape or flip up sights here...
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img_3721
    iamthatcat

Post  iamthatcat Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Crazy Magstrike!

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1287mi
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1294ct

Ultimate Rapid Blast handle chop.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1908a

BBB/Quiet Jolt integration.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1493nm

Micro Wye with cigar tube hopper.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Img1542in
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Microwye
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:14 am

Clip-fed EAB, and stock EAB.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Dsc_0310

Cheers,
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:21 am

clunk07 wrote:Clip-fed EAB, and stock EAB.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 8 Dsc_0310

Cheers,

Glad you like it ! I really wasn't kidding about the quality of it; its impeccable. Nice to see it's in great hands now.

Thanks,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:55 pm