Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
saibot81
clunk07
Mozart
NachoTaco
Vavoom
Nyancatpro
redcricket077
Servulus
littlebro05
13 posters

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications Empty Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:05 am

Stampede Modification:
    I figured that we have a whole bunch of ‘battery’ tray modifications in the directory; however we have nothing on how to actually improve the POWER of the actual blaster. Here is a step by step guide of doing all the general modifications in this blaster.

You will need -
    - A mallet / hammer
    - Flat head screwdriver
    - Teflon Tape
    - Springs (will be outlined below)
    - Rubber Tyre Bladder (all a substitute for plunger padding)
    - A Phillip’s head screw driver
    - Trustfire Batteries & Charger
    - Electrical Tape
    - Stanley Knife

Step 1: Taking it apart
    Taking apart the blaster of course! Remember to take several pictures while you take parts out one by one. Take them in several different angles so you have an idea on how to put it back together again.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3103

Once you remove all the screws, check the shoulder stock part of the stampede; there is a sticker in which you need a Stanley knife to cut in half. This sticker as simple as it maybe will prevent you from easily pulling the blaster apart.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3104

Here are a whole bunch of internal pictures in different angles, removing one layer at a time. The first layers are the pictures below.
    Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3105
    Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3106
    Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3107

The second layer:

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3109
    Make sure you remember to place the trigger catch (in the photo where the plunger back is going through) in the right direction. You can tell as there is a ‘flush’ mini slit on the bottom of the catch. If your blaster is firing and it’s not shooting properly, check that part if you’ve orientated properly.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3108

All internals of plunger system removed from the blaster.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3115

Step2: Voltage Upgrade

There are several ways you can increase the voltage in your Nerf Stampede. If you check the Modifications Directory, there are several methods including SLA batteries to install into your battery tray. The reason you need to increase the voltage of the blaster is because since you will be using stronger springs, you need more electricity to compress the spring. It also helps increase the rate of fire to help dominate at wars.

In this example, I am using trustfire batteries. The information you need to find to purchase these batteries and tray is located in the ‘sticky’ of sourcing modification materials in Australia.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3114

Remember to put the BLACK WIRE on the ‘spring-like’ terminal of the blaster and the RED WIRE on the opposite side of the flat terminal. You can use a soldering iron to do this; however, I don’t have one so I used electrical tape. I have conveniently put black e-tape on the black wire and red e-tape on the red wire for those who are confused.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3112

Step 3: Removing the Air Restrictors

In order to do that, you must remove the two screws on the back plate of the plunger.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3116

As you can see, there are three prongs holding a ‘centre circle’ part. You have to smash it out using a hammer and sharp flat head screwdriver. It may take several attempts in order to do this. Remember, to support the barrel with something so it doesn’t snap.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3119

You have to also smash the ‘two’ supports of the pegs to get the air restrictors out.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3120

After pictures:

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3122

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3121

The stuff that should come out after smashing it out can be seen in the bottom right hand corner of this

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3123

Step 4: Plunger Padding

I used bike tyre bladder and cut it in a circular shape and super glued it onto the head of the plunger. Remember to wipe the grease before you do it for a stronger bond.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3123
    Step 5: Seal Improvements

In order to improve the seal of the plunger head you can either replace the current o-ring with the stock one; or place Teflon tape underneath the current o-ring to help expand it. I used Teflon tape as I didn’t have another o-ring.

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3124

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3125

You can lubricate the o-ring by using Fix-A-Tap grease COMBINED with FOOD GRADE silicone spray afterwards. This will give the grease more frictionless properties in order for your plunger to move faster.

Step 6: Spring Replacements

You can purchase spring replacements from black-tactical.com. Alternatively, you can grab a triple shot spring and combine it with the stock spring. From top to bottom – Air Zone Dart Blaster Spring (can be slipped underneath the stock stampede spring); Stock Stampede Spring; Air Zone Triple Shot Spring (can be slipped on top of the stock stampede spring)

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications IMG_3118

Stock Ranges
    25ft-30ft (9-10metres)

Improved Ranges
    60ft-75ft (18-24metres)

Stock Rate of Fire
    3 rounds per second

Improved Rate of Fire
    6 rounds per second

Video of Firing:
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications Empty Re: Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications

Post  Servulus Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:43 am

Please note that I also sell a spring upgrade for the Stampede. My springs are locally made in Australia and support Australian Manufacturing.

Good write up lilb about time someone wrote one for the Stampede.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications Empty Re: Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:59 am

Oops sorry, I forgot. If you'd like PM Servulus for 10kg springs. You can PM him for springs which will boast ranges of up to I think 75-80ft. More stronger than the current spring set up in the how to step by step.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:10 am

Nice Write up! It's good you reminded people to put the catch the right way around, it's tricked so many people.
    Nyancatpro
    Nyancatpro

Post  Nyancatpro Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:15 am

Wait where's the sticky for sourcing the batteries? Good Job btw... Also what what is the weight of spring from black tactical?
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:18 am

Vavoom
    Vavoom

Post  Vavoom Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:23 am

Nyancatpro wrote:Wait where's the sticky for sourcing the batteries? Good Job btw... Also what what is the weight of spring from black tactical?
    Batteries: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-14500-3-7v-900mah-rechargeable-lithium-batteries-2-pack-19771
    Charger: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-tr-001-multi-purpose-lithium-battery-charger-12594
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:42 am

Nice write up Little Bro. Have you ever tested a stampede with just a triple shot spring?
    Nyancatpro
    Nyancatpro

Post  Nyancatpro Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:54 am

Thanx man

Vavoom wrote:
    Nyancatpro wrote:Wait where's the sticky for sourcing the batteries? Good Job btw... Also what what is the weight of spring from black tactical?
    Batteries: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-14500-3-7v-900mah-rechargeable-lithium-batteries-2-pack-19771
    Charger: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-tr-001-multi-purpose-lithium-battery-charger-12594
    Thanx man :3
    Vavoom
    Vavoom

Post  Vavoom Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:37 am

Just finished following the guide successfully so now I'm happy Thanks littlebro!
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:22 pm

How come no one mentioned that Clunk sells batteries and chargers?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Mozart wrote:How come no one mentioned that Clunk sells batteries and chargers?

Well I don't think many people really know about it. Even I've forgotten about it until now. You know, it doesn't hurt if you just post a link to help others. I totally forgot about Servulus's stampede springs. Help us out a little bit here haha.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks Mozart!!

I do have 2 charger's and 8 batt's in stock. After they're sold though, I probably won't be keeping them in stock. I will keep a few charger's on hand, but I'm switching from the Trust/Ultrafire batt's to AW batt's. I'd much rather pay more for good quality batt's.

Cheers,
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:52 pm

On my phone man, can't post links. Stupid thing doesn't have copy and past. Didn't mean to come off snappy, just figured someone here would have thought of it by now, a few of the regulars have posted already.
    saibot81
    saibot81

Write-Up: Nerf Stampede ECS General Modifications Empty O-Rings

Post  saibot81 Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Anyone aware of a good source for stampede-suitable o-rings 'within' Australia? I have tried assorted o-ring packs from Bunnings and other hardware stores, but they continually seem too large or small.

Cheers.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 pm

That's where teflon tape / e-tape comes in handy. If you read the step, you put it underneath the o-ring. You probably already know that but it's an extremely cheap alternative.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:45 pm

from my experience, it's better to just put teflon tape + better lubricant in the stock springs than relying on a cheapo one.
    saibot81
    saibot81

Post  saibot81 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Excellent suggestion and thanks for the responses! I must admit, I am a nerf/modding n00b so I am fumbling my way through this. Definitely sounds like the way to go. Top write-up! I'll give it a go and post my results (eventually). Cheers.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:00 am

Hey Littlebro,

Just one tip I've found handy for removing the AR's in this model...

Try using an 8-10mm wood auger drill bit (the ones that look like a corkscrew sort of) instead of knocking it out.

Bunnings has a cheap and nasty set of 3 for around 7 bucks.

They are long enough to reach all the way in, and do a much neater job.

They have a little starter bit in the center, and don't just pull in quickly like metal twist drills.

Handy to have for the price
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:50 am

@Saibot, Inf0rm3r will stock stampede o-rings shortly. Check out his sales thread in the trading section in a few days.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 am

saibot81 wrote:Anyone aware of a good source for stampede-suitable o-rings 'within' Australia? I have tried assorted o-ring packs from Bunnings and other hardware stores, but they continually seem too large or small.

Cheers.

O rings are bloody difficult.

I've been messing about this afternoon trying to find the one I like for my LS kit.

If they're too loose it makes no difference, but they only need to be a little too tight and they'll slow the plunger release and you'll loose power regardless of the improved airtightness.

This applies to Stampedes as well (keeping it on topic )
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 am

Stampede O-rings? I just put teflon underneath mine. It's the most cost effective way to get a good seal on your blaster. It's because youc an adjust it.
    Vanq
    Vanq

Post  Vanq Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:09 am

Just like to say thanks, I studied your guide, and my Stampede went together great and worked first time!

My housemate did not however...he is reassembling his again haha

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:24 am

First time for everything! Glad it worked out for you, unfortunately not your friend :(.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:30 pm