Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+26
boosted6
andtheherois
Acerised
Genacon
Roger Explosion
night stalker
frostythesnowman
Zandor
Dietzie
Calico
False
Luke
Combust
GirlyGamer
EMEUTIER
d.k
evozn
Sadavi5
Rocafix
holdentem
shadownerfer
bakabill
Unknown
ElementGuy
Swatsonia
clunk07
30 posters

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban

Post  clunk07 Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:45 am

Hey,

Please post all entries in this thread.

Any questions/comments should be directed here:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3672-cwc-modification-competition

Happy modding!!

Cheers,
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty Re: CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban

Post  Swatsonia Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:41 am

A classic for my first entry.

Paper Barrels are teh shiz, yo

Write up:
    So, you bought a BBUMB, but don't have any materials on hand? Simple barrel for the lulz is here!

So, to be able to use your barrel, you need to cut off the tip of the 'stick' to reveal the tube.
    (pic borrowed from Switchblade who borrowed from Roger.)
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Heado

You will have to open your blaster to be able to remove the orange cowling, but this is incredibly easy.

Now, to the barrels. Unfortunately, to be even remotely effective, these are one use affairs, as reloading them without redoing the barrel is incredibly hard.

So, for your barrel, take a sheet of A4. Fold in half, and cut.

Take your dart, and place it so it faces lies parrallel with the long edge of the paper. Start to roll the paper tightly over the dart, until you run out of paper.

Quickly tape the barrel around the dart area, jam into you UMB's 'stick', pump and fire!

(Unfortunately, original picture has been deleted from my hard drive, but the video should give you enough reference.)

I was hitting 100 feet with these barrels, but they weren't that accurate, and streamlines would go everywhere but straight.

My now RSCB'd BBUMB is hitting 100ft with the last dart in the clip, much more accurately, with an unplugged pump for comparison.

Last edited by Swatsonia on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty Octo shot from a n00b

Post  ElementGuy Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:39 pm

From the title of my post, you can probably guess what award i'm going for, but I think this turned out very well for my first major mod.

Octo-shot

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1070900

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1070901ps

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1070902

http://www.oznerf.com/t2908-lanard-shotgun-airzone-triple-shot-into-octo-shot-write-up

MiG style Octo-shot with some differences

Mods done:

ar'd, rebarreled with petg and re turreted with a dart blaster 8 shooter

reinforced catch and reorintated catch spring

replaced stock plunger head with ballcock 4 washer/teflon tape and re-lubed

Massively reinforced shell with e-putty

Dremeled shell and priming handle to increase draw length

Cut down Plunger Rod to increase draw length and reduce deadspace.

Replaced spring with a solo SSspring

It is very study and dropping is won't make a dent

Gets a range of 100ft slightly angled with 8 shots

I don't know how to post a vid, but it works the same as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuc1PyQIzm8&feature=player_embedded

This is my first major mod and is my first primary. Cheers guys,

EG

Last edited by ElementGuy on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 am; edited 4 times in total
    Unknown
    Unknown

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty Re: CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban

Post  Unknown Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_52

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_53

Mods done:

Complete stock barrel removal

Petg barrels - 3 or so inches

Spring addition - similar size to nitefinder

Seal improvements - Plunger to Turret and Plunger rod

Ranges - 65 - 70 feet with a normal shooting angle or 60, completely flat.
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:15 pm

I'd like to enter my semi auto megastrike into the comp:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3675-semi-auto-megastrike-write-up

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1010410
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 am

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Ls11

C836 spring,longshot spring and Reacon spring. painted red and black.
    holdentem
    holdentem

Post  holdentem Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 am

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0210

Front gun integration
    Longstrike stock replacement
    All ar's removed
    Relocated tactical rail
    Triple shot and stock springs in Longshot
    Paintjob (Red and black)

Cheers
    - Holdentem
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty Nerf Nitefinder Modification (entry to competition)

Post  Rocafix Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:32 am

Hey guys, I am entering a mod of mine.

-Nite finder, reflex, LSFG and maverick springs
    -hep20 aimer with a + inside
    -lubricated o-ring
    -seal upgrade (teflon tape underneath) has vacuum loading
    -black and yellow paintjob (bumblebee)
    -minimisation
    -PETG speed loaders/clips
    -catch spring upgrade

Ranges Flat: 80-85ft, 30 Degree Angle: 90-95ft

The PETG can be twisted on and off and the spares are placed inside the battery holes.

The gun is glued together because the screw holes for the tube are broken and I have no need to open it up again.

Cheers

-Rocafix

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_20

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_25

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_21

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_22

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_23

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_24

The fence is roughly 20 metres and all of them hit the fence.
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty Nerf Longshot Modification (entry to competition)

Post  Rocafix Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:29 am

Hey Clint, here is my second blaster that I am entering and is also my last.

This an easy and simple mod if you have broke your boltsled and have to either single it or rscb it.

It took me less than half a day to finish and cost me less than 30 dollars of material.

The spring i have in here is a spring from bunnings that my friend found. It is stronger than the C836 spring.

-Seal and lubed
    -Spring upgrade
    -minimisation
    -stock reinforcement
    -informer's PETG over 17/32nd brass
    -2 colour camo paintjob
    -catch spring upgrade
    - priming handle replaced

Ranges Flat: 90-95ft
    Ranges 30 degree angle: 100-110ft

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_28

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_26

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_27

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_45

I have now added something to my longshot.

It is now an RSCB LONGSHOT With a 13kg spring and getting about same ranges.

Cheers

Last edited by Rocafix on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 pm

My final entry:

LED singled RFSG with home-made plunger head and customised trigger.

LED circuit:

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_54

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_55

Vinyl dye paint job:

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_56

Customised trigger, it's also reinforced:

It may be a bit small for some but my fingers are skinny and I designed this blaster for myself specificity.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_57

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_58

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_59

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_60

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_61

It has a great stock and handle, at least for someone my size. (5' 11")

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_62

Perfectly sized pump grip as well.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_63

Close up on the trigger:

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_64

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_65

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_66

The Home-made plunger head is great for changing springs easily and also gets a 97% seal.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Photo_67

Video coming tomorrow...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hits over 110 but I can't measure further than that. It's only got a LS V1 and TS spring which makes it really easy to prime but still gets great ranges.

I tend to use a breech on it but it could also use a hopper/RSCB just as easily.

The switch is located under the stock and is very subtle but is still easy to access.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mods done:

Singled - 20mm conduit coupler
    Led's illuminating my initials (x2 red Led's with a 270R resistor)
    Trigger reinforcement and lengthening
    Foam silencing
    Home-made plunger head (bath plug)
    Plenty of lubrication
    Priming bar reinforcement
    relocated priming bar spring

Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Figured I'd make an entry. I'm not here for prizes; I'm here to represent for us Overhaul Aesthetics guys... all three of us :p. Let's do this.

The Scynavoid Plasma Autocannon: A Buzzbee Tommy 20 Mod and Aesthetics Overhaul

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban SPRfinal-1

- Did all standard cosmetic priming, i.e. sanding and cross-hatching at attachment points.
    - Lacquered flywheels for better grip and push on darts.
    - Lacquered the barrels so that darts other than Buzzbee’s don't fall out.
    - Switched out darts to Version 2 Buzz bee Darts (without the hole in the tip), though all tested dart types work to some level.
    - Did a 9V battery mod, concealed in the original battery compartment.
    - Replaced the stock with new, better, heavier stocks which counterbalance the front weight somewhat for better aiming control.
    - The Top Stock holds 4 extra darts of any kind as a last resort.
    - Extended the barrel- entirely cosmetic but looks cool.
    - Added thick secondary 'wire lock' to the front for better metal-to-metal contact on the inside, and thus more even flywheel speed especially while running.
    - Wire lock can be easily inserted and removed so the front can still flip up like it did before.
    - Various cosmetic additions including handle-to-stock wire, green gel 'plasma capsules', a scope (for what good a scope does on a handheld fully-automatic weapon), and many other aesthetic spices.
    - Dark blue paint job with two flavors of silver detailing done with Testor paint, and a dark gray/silver speckle coat, followed by matte finish and clear sealant.

Ranges before modifications: 10-25 feet at 0-5 Degrees and a height of 5 feet with little consistency and a lot of jamming and misfires

Ranges after modification 33-35 feet at 0-5 degrees and a height of 5 feet with high consistently, no jamming whatsoever, and only very rare misfires due mostly to the wider barrel.

Another entry is coming, though I've yet to decide what it will be.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:21 pm

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Lool11

Couplerd.

cust off barell for more air flow.

teflon taped oring for a better seal

and replaced pump handle with a reacon stock.

About 70-75ft.
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 am

Here's my second and thus final submisson to the contest. I realize that this is technically three blasters, but Clunk cleared it as one entry... and I'm very happy about this, because it really is one my favorite projects ever. ^_^

The Terzetto Trio Tormentio: A Nerf Unity Power System Mod and Aesthetic Overhaul

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban IMG_3371
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban IMG_3372

The Terzetto Solo (Scout)-
    -Did all standard cosmetic priming, i.e. sanding and cross-hatching at attachment points.
    -Removed the dart holders on the bottom and put them onto the Titan.
    -Removed the AR’s.
    -Lacquered barrel for better dart fit.
    -Switched darts out to better-sealed Buzzbee version 2 darts.
    -Complete aesthetic overhaul.
    Old flat range: 15-22 feet
    New flat range: 28-35 feet

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 0629111823b

The Terzetto Sextet (Hornet)-
    -Did all standard cosmetic priming, i.e. sanding and cross-hatching at attachment points.
    -Removed the AR’s.
    -Lacquered barrels for better dart fit.
    -Switched darts out to better-sealed Buzzbee version 2 darts.
    -The loop on the end can be clipped to a key clip for easy transport.
    Old flat range: 25-30 feet
    New flat range: 32-42 feet (The higher darts go proportionally further now than the lower-down darts go. Don’t know why… it’s not a height thing, tested that. I think lacquering the barrels did something to the barrel-switching mechanism.)

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban IMG_3455

The Terzetto Silencio (Titan)-
    -Attached the Scout’s Dart Holders to the bottom of the handle.
    -Trimmed deeper angles into the Rocket Wings and weighted the front for better accuracy and distance.
    -Relocated the Hornet attachment point.
    -Sealed off the new dead space from where the Hornet’s air used to be redirected to- can be fully pumped up in 7 pumps.
    - Experimented with trying to break the front seal to give the rocket’s initial push a bit more direct oomph. It might have done something but honestly it might just be the modified rocket. I’m not sure and I don’t have a second rocket.
    Modifiedto Hornet Attachment point for quicker gun release but solid hold by trimming the front bulb down and angling the hang-over clips upward with the power of fire.
    Old flat range: 50-70 feet
    New flat range: 65-85 feet

… and of course, all three guns still combine into the Terzetto Trio Tormentio!

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban TerzTriTor

And there you are! Hope you enjoyed, and good luck to all in the contest!
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:00 pm

I could enter something better but I don't think I'd be able to finish my ls, quadshot and wipeout before I go away. So going back in time and I'm entering my Nite Finder, my fist mod

That's what it originally looked like
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0425

Okay, so I;
    -Removed the ar
    -removed the front of the plunger tube to add a 15mm coupler
    -minimised it by removing the light
    -swapped the stock 1st gen spring for a gen 2 + hunter combo (like in my switch shot)
    -reinforced the plunger rod (I replaced the red one because it started to flake)
    -added 2 after-market o-rings and e-taped under them (90ish% seal)
    -added the 16mm upvc nested in 20mm upvc barrel in the front (fits in my coupler perfectly, no leaks)

Range
    Flat- 3 shots, 67.6, 70.2, 69.6 (lol 69 ;P)
    Angled (angled like 40 degree) 80.4, 84.3, 78.2

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0717
    d.k
    d.k

Post  d.k Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 am

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Alpha%20pistol

Alpha Pistol - Secondary Weapon

-Removed AR's
    -Custom spring
    -Teflon tape under O-ring to improve plunger head seal
    -Added an extra catch spring
    -Cut down the barrel / shell
    -Used the tip from the original barrel / shell to fill the dead space
    -Made it bold action by cutting down and molded the metal bar that was used to re-load, cutting a slide rail into the shell then attaching bolt action handle from a long shot for easy reloading.

still slam-fires!

Range: flat - averaging 65 ft with stream lines
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:41 pm

I think I might join the party...

Aiming for 'best newb mod' or something.

I was very proud and happy to have completed my IPAI (Internal Pump-Action Intergration) Longshot Mod and have recieved great engrouragement and support from the community!
    Found here: Longshot IPAI Mod

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban LS-IPAIMod_01
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:11 am

Mav2D2 - Nerf Maverick / R2D2 mod

Equipment:
    Nerf Maverick
    Paints (spray and model) & various brushes.
    Sandpapers (various grades)
    Wire, Glass beads, Skewers, Model parts (gears, hinges and little black bits I don't know what they're called sorry!).
    Wire snips, Screwdrivers, Scissors, Paper, Plastic sheeting, Supaglue, Plastic glue, hacksaw.

Modification:
    To bring out the R2D2 in my Nerf Maverick! - Sawed a couple of bits off, no internal mods (I'm a beginner 4-5 weeks or so in! Not there yet, even hacksawing terrifies me), painted, added 'fiddly bits', detailed.

Full write-up on my website girlygamer.com.au

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Nerf-Maverick-R2D2-mod-Mav2D2-GirlyGamer-01-fin

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Nerf-Maverick-R2D2-mod-Mav2D2-GirlyGamer-01-fin-mix

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Nerf-Maverick-R2D2-mod-Mav2D2-GirlyGamer-handgrip
    Combust
    Combust

Post  Combust Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 am

Combust's Stampede Rifle/SMG conversion.

1x Stampede

- Added larger spring.
    - Removed AR.
    - Padded plunger.
    - 11.1v lipo battery mod.
    - Trimmed battery box, barrel and bottom tac rail.
    - Added slimline 'stock/battery box' rails.
    - Added clip shoulder butt to reinforce rear of blaster.
    - Sculpted rear of bottom tac rail to accept a recon red dot light.
    - Sculpted sides of barrel to blend the lines.
    - Attached slim line top tac rail.
    - Added epoxy sculpt to every modified area, smoothed out, sanded then primed/painted.
    - Mounted barrel.
    - Added spring loaded battery holder.
    - All mods allow blaster to be taken apart: Seam lines kept intact.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5923986355_53061286c0_zCWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5923989053_da8da06f5c_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5923986547_e705a6ace1_zCWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5924553110_ce42004f90_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5955963437_f608abb5b0_zCWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5955963311_27ae7ed7db_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5955963561_19581472fc_zCWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5971992771_a0501d77c5_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5971995797_eda6e55071_zCWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5971904003_170ac4a926_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5971904367_c9e09a2568_zCWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5972554644_8aa9ba0018_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6040995983_a0c9a1e1de_zCWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6057390095_771f54e955_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6057937246_e14e9549d3_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6057390299_c17a8dfe9d_b

Cheers!
    Combust
    Combust

Post  Combust Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:02 am

Combust's 'Storm Bolter' Stampede conversion.

2x Stampedes
    2x Black Tactical Stampede kits (HUGE spring, plunger padding, return mech spring)

Added Black Tactical kits to both stampedes.
    Removed ARs
    Added 11.1v lipo battery mod and linked them both.
    Tested dual fire.
    Measured and joined them together with polymorph (Low temp nylon plastic)
    Made handgrip, trigger and trigger link out of polymorph.
    Made pivot points for trigger.
    Modified drum to fit in reverse. (Modified one side of Stampede as well.)
    Tested with 2x 18 round (36 total) clips: 5 seconds continuous fire!
    Tested with 2x 36 round(72 total) drums: 9 seconds continuous fire!

https://youtu.be/kwQqcdmv1EU?hd=1

Battle tested at Mini-HvZ game run by https://www.facebook.com/pages/Canberra-Southern-NSW-Dart-Tag-Nerf-Wars-HvZ/144401038935716
    Added carry strap and front handle.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5985625227_2c574920f9_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5986185400_de40592f75_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5985626175_d911717a54_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5986188064_fec6bb612a_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 5985628693_0279a49d8a_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6001138780_9c20ff9f53_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6040968881_3b176048ee_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6118841784_84241aec9d_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6118841734_1d60a75073_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6118842028_66dd19c3be_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6118297573_8a82c3760a_z
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 6001138924_202a58eb58_b

Cheers!
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:44 am

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Swatsh10

Second and final entry for Original Mod: My RSCB'd Hunter.

Features a 2 streamline-length clip, utilises the original bolt to seal the 20mm conduit clip (aided by a nerf whistler dart). Hits ranges of up to 50', even on the second shot, compared to 20' stock.

Still has stock spring, but was re-lubed. Features an epic amount of tape.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:07 am

Nerf Titan Rocket/Dart firing ability.
    Added 16mm Conduit + Coupler join.
    Hot-glue to fill deadspace in rocket attachment
    Removed both Restrictors
    Kept the detachable ness
    100% Rocket attachment to Titan seal.
    Can fire Rockets and Darts
    Range 120ft+ with 0 degree elevation

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc_0511
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc_0512
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc_0513
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc_0514
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc_0515
    False
    False

Post  False Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:28 am

TitMav
    -Titan integrated into a Maverick (obviously)

-Pump replacement

-Paintjob

-Couplered

- ShotBlast stock

This thing grabs your average Titan ranges. However, what makes it awesome is the pump. It is a Summit dual action pump and produces heaps of air output. The tank is filled with two pumps. Whack an RSCB on it, and you can get Titan ranges with a nice ROF.

Also I painted it. Was a bit below average because I did it while it was raining. Dry brushed black with white and orange detailing.

And I put on a detachable Shotblast stock and couplered it (15mm PVC) for attachment goodness.

Also, The tank ARV is attached to the trigger via wire fishing trace.

I apologize in advance for the poor picture quality, I had to take it with my iPod.

The whole thing:
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_1010

Close ups:
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_1011

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_1013

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_1014

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_1015

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_1016

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_1018

Calico
    Calico

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty compressor powered as-20

Post  Calico Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi guys, Ill enter my beast into the comp.
    Internals are basically stock due to me not needing to modify them.
    I have removed the stock hand pump and added a small 12v compressor to do the job.
    Added some custom paint and so forth as well, hope you like.
    cal

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0028

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0029

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0030

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0031

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_0115
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:48 pm

As I am currently overseas I can't finish my longshot but I guess I could enter my tek 3

http://www.oznerf.com/t3390-buzz-bee-tek-3-repair

This is the only way I could upload this due to me being on my iPod and I can't access this forum on ANY computer I find.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:01 pm

My first entry The Piece Maker (spelling is correct. Terry Pratchett fans will get the reference)

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P5210191

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P5210194

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P5210195

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P5210196

Completed in one afternoon.
    Materials
    1x couplered Titan
    2 feet PETG
    6x 20mm T pieces
    4x 20mm end caps
    130cm 20mm PVC
    20cm Hep20
    Hot Glue
    Caffine

This is basically 4 interconnected RSCBs with minimised T pieces using Hep20 and hot glue to join them.
    Not really much more I can say on the matter.
    5 rounds per clip.
    Ranges
    120 feet nominal with the odd dribbler (20feet) and some screamers (140+) with adjustable spread
    This is all 4 barrels at once with heavy silis.

Last edited by Dietzie on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punchuation fix and added dart type.)
    Zandor
    Zandor

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Empty Zandor's two entries:

Post  Zandor Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Entry #1: 'The Longunov'

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Longunov

Mods:
    - AR's removed
    - Reinforced boltsled (thanks to littlebro05's guide :P)
    - Black Tactical V2 & Stock spring
    - Black Tactical metal parts
    - Serious amount of padding, double O-Ring and mild dead-space fill with foam
    - Blocked up hole in plunger tube breech with electrical tape
    - Cosmetic mod with Longstrike barrel and buttstock components (as seen in photo) - used PlastiBond, Selley's Plastics Super Glue and epoxy glue & putty in varying spots
    - Bushnell 3-9x magnification scope (Actually helps - not just for prettiness)
    - Ranges I haven't officially measured yet but aproximately 70ft flat

Description / Notes:

This was my first attempt at both a cosmetic mod and a big step out of just doing 'basic mods'. I loved aspects of the Longstrike but hated its performance. So seeing that the Longshot guts wouldn't fit into the Longstrike shell, I came up with good ol' Plan B.

The aim of the project was to make it resemble a Dragunov and give a very sniper-like feel to it. Overall I'm satisfied with how it turned out; it looks great, comfortable to use and has won me several battles / skirmishes. Performance is good but could be improved; mostly just little problems with mis-loading and not shooting as far as what some of my friends boast with certain bunnings springs (yet mine is more accurate than theirs ;P)

This is definitely my pride and joy of my nerf modding 'career' to date <3

~*~*~*~*~*~

Entry #2: 'The Gemini Launcher'

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 28621310150280001892270

Mods:
    - AR Grills dremelled out
    - All excess tubes / buttons / attachments removed and plugged
    - Reinforced tube from pump to tank with thick layer of hotglue to prevent movement / air leaks
    - Replaced O-Rings with slightly thicker ones
    - Hot glue'd overpressure hole
    - Front grip handle fabricated from Hornet locking bar and front trigger grip
    - One of the Titan's I bought interstate; it worked when I got it in QLD, flew home to Tassie and the rubber disk for the 'seal' blew off. 2 hours later I fixed it with tweezers and plastic's super glue.
    - On the same Titan; reinforced and extended trigger mechanism to ensure maximum air release when fired (not half-way)
    - Merged two Titan's together using PlastiBond, 3-day Epoxy, Epoxy Putty and Plastics Superglue.
    - On under-belly Titan; added plastic clips on top side from broken tool box to enable opening shell for repairs / future modding (unable to access screws on top side.
    - Fabricated rear pumping handle using two Spectre stock attachment plugs full of Epoxy Putty and drilled onto the Titan Pump Handles, two cut down Spectre folding stock clips superglue'd and puttied into place, and a Vulcan front carry-handle drilled on. This allows for pumping both tanks simultaneously and attach/detach function to split each Titan apart to repair / mod.
    - Ranges are what you would expect from a Titan firing Mega Missiles ... maybe further due to overpressure valves being plugged. Very far either way you look at it

Description / Notes:

The idea behind this was simple; I wasn't interested in making a singled Titan, yet I had the dilemma of the Titan being a one-trick pony; pump it up heaps, fire one big missile... yep that's it. And don't give me that "clip a Scout on the side / Hornet on the bottom" rubbish; I'd rather the scout in my hand or holster, and the Hornet is about as reliable as a water pistol in a bushfire. I had actually bought a second Titan as back up incase I blew up my main Titan. But I just found it wasn't worth the hassle in a war to bother reloading during game. Then after playing Halo with my brother one night it dawned on me; "Wouldn't it be good to put the two Titan's together, and they can be pumped up at the same time, and fire either one or both missiles at once?"

Initially the project fell in a heap because the back up one I bought was actually faulty; the trigger didn't pull the seal release rod back far enough and after a few test shots the rubber disk inside which kept the air pressure in 'fell off' where it was meant to be. Since it was not refundable I gave it my all to fix. After hours of fiddling, reinforcing and glue'ing I (luckily) fixed it and got the project back on track.

At the moment I'm working on patching up the holes and putting a 25% shortened Longshot scope on it for looks. I'm also looking into making barrel attachments to take the mini rockets the Big Salvo uses - hopefully to fire four rockets at once from each tank. That way I can mix and match mega missiles and/or little rockets

PLEASE NOTE: I apologize for the lack of photo's and the fact that these aren't painted up *yet* - I've been busy moving house, in which I have currently misplaced / lost one of my memory cards with all my Gemini Launcher work-in-progress photos, then to add salt to injury my main harddrive failed meaning I've had to resort to back up photos I had stored on my work computer =_= but you get the jist anyways! Hope you enjoy my offerings
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:20 am

I present to you Oznerf my first actual modification of a blaster.

my Ultimate-Strike.
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1010581j

modifications done are:

1. fully custom sliding PTEG breech with regular bolt sled compatibility, and clip accepting.
    2. added air tank and pump from buzz bee ultimate missile blast. (pump unplugged)
    3. minor cosmetic changes such as removal of parts of the internal and external shell to fit air tank, and removed plastic covers off of barrel extension.

Ranges are as of yet untested being only finished this morning and to be using at the Brisbane Salisbury war all day. I guess that the ranges would be quite similar to that of a singled BBUMB as that is essentially what it is.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1010580n

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1010579p

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban P1010578s

GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Nerf Vortex Vigilon - "Ripley's Hope" deep space cargo / mining ship

Thought I might as well add another to the competition. I was going to add my Aliens Buzz Bee, but I've opted for this instead. This is a cosmetic mod of the Nerf Vortex Vigilon. Given the chunky nature of this gun, a cargo ship came to mind. Added landing struts thanks to some bits I had laying around, including some help from a Buzz Bee Belt Blaster ammo belt. This gun is cool because it now stands by itself. I also made a BSG Raider out of one of the discs, just for fun.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Nerf-cargo-vessel-mod-vigilon-ore

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Nerf-cargo-vessel-mod-vigilon-02

Full write-up at GirlyGamer and additional photos on Facebook.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 am

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Img_6011

ARR and replaced with tube, spring increase oh and paint job.

Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Imgp1799

NF handcannon using a Xblaster 75's plunger

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Imgp1795n

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Imgp1798we

Close up on plunger head and catch

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Imgp1801l

FBR and etape priming handle
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:05 pm

The Infiltrator

I finally found the time to complete my first major blaster mod.
    While it was in complete working order for the last Sydney war, the cosmetics were not complete.

It's got long range and short range rapid fire options all in one.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Geninf11

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Geninf12

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Geninf13

Mods Done :

Everything you can see, plus

AR removed tech 10.
    Linked triggers, but the tech 10 can be fired separately.
    2 Bits of ply cut to fit the hole in the middle.
    Green paint to make it look less crap.
    RSCB holds 6 streamline sized darts.
    15mm PVC as the Coupler.

Before Image :
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Before10
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Bummer

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 18092011163

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 28092010

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban 18092011165

I have yet to add a dual action bike pump, as the shop is experiencing delays.
    When finished this will be a very fast and powerful air blaster.

Hopper Clip - Streamline Acceptable
    Removeable Should Stock Attachment - Fits all N-Strike Shoulder Stocks
    Tank Expansion - 25mm PVC fits snuggerly on pump tube with End cap, adhered with 3 day Epoxy
    15mm Couplered
    Dual Action Bike pump - Delayed

Singled Bolt Action Longshot

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Longshot3

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Lscoup

Intergrated LSFG linked to main trigger
    Brass Breech with 17/32" Barrel
    Painted Autumn Forest Camo
    Bolt Action
    Shoulder Stock Uncolapsable
    Longshot, Recon, Night Finder Springs added
    andtheherois
    andtheherois

Post  andtheherois Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:24 am

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban IMG_1602-1

Breech loading SF. 17/32 Brass barrels sheathed by 9/16 brass. Not much to write up. Barrels are 6" of 17/32, The sheaths are 4" of 9/16. Depending on how long your darts are will depend on your cut. Standard SF ranges with slugs are around 70-75.

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban IMG_3092-1

Standard 3K overhaul. Mines a little special though, the Raider stock retains the stock look of the blaster.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 am

Heres mine. MNESIA

Write up to follow.

Airbrushed flames.
    My first time airbrushing,so could be much better.
    Average ranges are around 150ft flat.

Will do an updated range test soon for its shooting a bit harder now.
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc00632xm
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc00629nk
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc00628uq
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc00630mt
    CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban Dsc00633te

Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Joe's first entry - The LongerStrike

What is it? Titan internals inside a LongStrike shell
    How does it work? The stock titan pump extends out the back of the blaster. A homemade brass breech lives in the barrel extension of the LongStrike. The LongStrike trigger fires the blaster.
    Why did I make it? I always loved the looks of the LongStrike and decided it needed to power to match. I had a LongStrike that I never used due to it's lack of power and a Titan that I never used due to it's over-abundance of power; thus I decided to make them in to one blaster (that would still never get used).

Full build here

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban DSCN2624

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban DSCN2625

CWC modification competition entries only - commenting will result in a 7-day ban DSCN2635

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 pm