Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+18
holdentem
False
boosted6
RL
Combust
Rocafix
Dietzie
littlebro05
NachoTaco
bakabill
Captain Crooks
Zandor
EMEUTIER
Jeo
GirlyGamer
d.k
ElementGuy
clunk07
22 posters

CWC modification competition results

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC modification competition results Empty CWC modification competition results

Post  clunk07 Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 am

THE RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Best overall blaster - Calico 1st (4), Jeo (3) and boosted6 (3) tied for 2nd place

Best Springer - boosted6 1st (6), elementguy 2nd (4)

Best Air Blaster - bakabill 1st (5), Kat 2nd (4)

Best war practical blaster - bakabill 1st (5), Emeutier 2nd (3)

Best Newb modification - holdentem 1st (6), Rocafix (4)

Craziest modification - Dietzie 1st (7), Zandor 2nd (2)

Best Original - DK 1st (4), Combust (3) and bakabill (3) tied for 2nd place

Best paint-job - GirlyGamer 1st (7), boosted6 2nd (3)

Best Simple Modification - NachoTaco 1st (5), Swatsonia 2nd (3)

CWC Encouragement Award - False 1st (5), Zandor 2nd (3)

So, there we have it guys and girls. I had to utilise another judge, as I haven't heard anything from Winterstrike.

Sticking with my decision of one prize per winner, the following people will be recipients:

Calico, boosted6, Kat, bakabill, DK, holdentem, GirlyGamer, Dietzie, NachoTaco, False.

I'll also be giving a prize to 2 blaster's that I personally liked, that didn't receive a 1st place:
    Rocafix LongShot and Emeutier IPAI LongShot.

I will pick numbers/names out of a hat to decide prizes, and hopefully get them in the mail by the end of the week.

Cheers,

ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

CWC modification competition results Empty Re: CWC modification competition results

Post  ElementGuy Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 am

What do the numbers mean after the prize winner's names?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC modification competition results Empty Re: CWC modification competition results

Post  clunk07 Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:26 am

ElementGuy wrote:What do the numbers mean after the prize winner's names?

Points allocated. Each judge was able to nominate a 1st place (2 points) and 2nd place (1 point)

Cheers,
    d.k
    d.k

Post  d.k Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:18 am

Congrats to all who entered and a big thanks to all who organized/judged, would have been a tough one as there were allot of awesome entries.
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Clunk and co.

I just wanted to say a big thank you for not only being so welcoming here at OzNerf since I joined a couple of months ago, but now also awarding me with a prize for my paintjob... really appreciate it and it's really encouraging to me.

I've been working on new cosmetic mods recently and have had some great hints and tips from the guys here who have answered any little questions I have had (filling drill holes, weights etc).

Thanks again for not assuming "she's female why is she into modding". I get that in gaming from time to time and it is irritating beyond belief.

Thanks!
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:47 am

2nd place for Best Overall Blaster? You're damn right I'm happy with that!

Thanks again to Clunk and all the other judges. good fun for all involved I hope.
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:13 am

Congratulations to all the winners!

There sure were some amazing mods that had been entered.

Thanks Clunk for also throwing me a prize too, I appreciate all your hard work!

@girlygamer
    I'm so impressed at the quality of your cosmetic mods, both posted here and on your site. You sure got some skill!
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am

Grats to the winners!

'Tis very nice to be recognised and come second in not one, but TWO categories

Thanks for organizing this competition Clunk & Co.
    Captain Crooks
    Captain Crooks

Post  Captain Crooks Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 am

Well done to all the entrants, and congratulations to the winners! I've been fortunate enough to witness several of the entries in action, particularly Kat's 4Bcon, and they truly are excellent mods!

Thanks again to clunk, I can't wait for the next competition, bring it on!
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am

Great job to everyone who entered and congratulations to the winners of the various divsions!

I must say this is THE best community event I've seen in my last 2years of being this sport/hobby (call it what you will) - it got everyone involved and really gave a huge injection of enthusiasm to the aussie nerf community.

Huge thanks to Clunk for running the comp and being so generous as to provide so many prizes for the entries !!!
    It really does show his dedication to the community and promoting the growth of this somewhat niche hobby and this is awesome.

I hope there are more events like this in future as I know for a fact that some people didn't participate in this event due to work/study commitments and would have loved to enter if they had time (ie. during uni break) - we are also getting a constant flow of new members (taken from observations on AustralianNerf at least) so I'm sure others would love another chance to partake in something like this!
    - perhaps with state prize donations? I'd donate something to the comp for sure - this way we can have prize pickups at war meets as an alternative to postage - this will help take some of the burden off people like Clunk!

PS: I will be extremely grateful for whatever I receive even if it's just an envelope of darts (as all I have at home are a few dozen streamlines - I love Echoes' NSW darthire!!)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 am

Thanks everyone, it seems that I have achieved what I set out to do, which is pretty rewarding.

I'm looking at running some more comp's in the future, with specific categories of blaster's, so the postage won't kill me with prizes... haha.

Cheers,
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 am

Thanks Clunk for this competition. I think it really shows what the Australian modding community has to offer.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:52 am

@Girlygamer. Lol, meh I dont' see why 'cosmetic' work should be looked down upon just because your a girl. It's art? The Mav2D2 was probably my favourite maverick cosmetic out there. If you somehow put LEDs in the eyes. I would of been so crazy. Looked like it was bought out of the shops =).

Dietzie and his 4way RSCB Titan LOL. So good.

That's all I can remember besides the Dual Tommy 20 and Dual Stampedes lol.
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:42 pm

@Lilbro - Aww thanks mate, appreciate that. I bought two Mavericks today with plans for more R2D2 love (think I'll try a red unit). As for LED's, I am just learning this atm, so you never know! I modded a toy (to tie-in with a new gun I'm working on) and managed to add three LEDs and hook it up to the power no problem, also added an LED to a Proton. As it gets easier I'd be interested in adding them to other mods They don't really serve a purpose, but they add a bit of swish.

Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Woohoo, I won something for the first time in almost ten years lol.
    I have to say the was some wild blasters in there and the cosmetic jobs are something I could never hope to acheave but would love to own. Well done to all who entered and I am looking forward to what comes out for the next comp now that there was been some new ideas thrown around, my drawing pad is already out
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

Post  Rocafix Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks man you're the best!
    Combust
    Combust

Post  Combust Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:27 am

Firstly a very big thanks to Clunk and OzNerf!

Secondly to be recognised for something i do for fun and get a kick out of is awesome! Especially since i wasnt prepared for a comp and have only been modding blasters for the past 5 or so months.

All up yay!

Cheers,
    Combust
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:28 am

5months? You've got all the experience you need! Venture into something new and BAM, you might find something unexpected.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 am

I'm glad everyone supports the verdict made by the judges. I must say some of the categories there were difficult to discern the top from the rest, because they were all great. But the classy ones shone above the rest. For example I knew girlygamer's Mav was a winner when she posted it. It needed some topping to do that no one could achieve
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 am

Holy crap, i got best springer, and tied second for best overall, thats awesome, cheers guys!

Thank you judges. I thought i had no chance with hardly any replies lol.

Well done Calico.
    False
    False

Post  False Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:12 am

Well done, everybody who entered.

This was a great community event and hopefully something similar is put together sometime.
    holdentem
    holdentem

Post  holdentem Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm

1st in the Best Newb modification, I think that's pretty good
    Thanks Clunk and co

Those were some pretty awesome blasters entered, I didn't think I would get a position, Let alone 1st in a category.
    Thanks a heap (:

Cheers
    - Holdentem
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 pm

haha - being the idiot I am...

Could everyone listed as receiving a prize please send me your full name and postal address please.

clunkweaponsco@hotmail.com

Cheers,
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:35 am

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! BEST OVER ALL SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!
    thanks guys, wow, im so stoked!!!So much nice work here, big thanks to all who entered.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:51 am

Yeah Calico, you rock bro, well done.

We killed it mate. He he he.

Lucky for us, Sadavi is on the other side of the planet!!

Love your blaster SADAVI!!!!! I very much feel like sending you one of my blasters for a paint job!!!!

Calico-Were the same ago bro, sweet!
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 pm

HA we are too! Im looking forward to unveiling my newest gun, but its a secret...but thats off topic. lol
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Cant wait mate. Rock on.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

I am highly jealous of your air brushing tho....
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Seriously? Thanks mate, not bad for a newbie airbrusher i suppose, he he.

Well its only going to get better from here on in. The airbrush paints you can get are wicked.

I want to do a Gears Of War themed gun next time...love that game. Will have the big gears skull right over it...double barrel TS or something like that...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:12 pm

A quick update. Prizes will be posted out towards the end of next week. Work's pretty busy at the moment, and I'm waiting on some freight quotes from a couple of courier's. I'd prefer to be using Australia Post as a last resort, after they've managed to lose over $1000 worth of blaster's for me this week...

Cheers,
    False
    False

Post  False Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:21 pm

clunk07 wrote: after they've managed to lose over $1000 worth of blaster's for me this week...

How does that even happen?

(On a side note: Hit 100th post after 19 months of being on Oznerf...)
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:09 am

Congrats to all who won and entered. The effort made by all to make this event a success was outstanding. I believe this competition has drawn the community together and created a positive energy like nothing before.

Thanks Clunk.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:48 am

Well said Lefty.

I second that, was a great idea from Clunk.
    Dingo
    Dingo

Post  Dingo Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 am

CONGRATS TO YOU ALL
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:21 am

False wrote:
    clunk07 wrote: after they've managed to lose over $1000 worth of blaster's for me this week...

How does that even happen?

(On a side note: Hit 100th post after 19 months of being on Oznerf...)

Yeh mate, I have no idea. I had insurance, so I'll get my money back. But, unfortunately, there were some rare blaster's in the package that I doubt I'll find again easily enough...

Some guy from AusPost is probably sitting around drinking beers with his new Nerf Crossbow, SM5K and a couple of other gems.... haha

Lefty, thanks again for your help mate.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:57 pm