Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
spectre
RetfirDMX
littlebro05
killerbunny
Philb2323
Jeo
Akimbo Assassin
mavshot
Photo Ninja
evozn
clunk07
Echoes
TylerMaxwell
17 posters

Orange Mod Works ranges revealed

lech
    lech

Orange Mod Works ranges revealed - Page 2 Empty Re: Orange Mod Works ranges revealed

Post  lech Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 am

This thread can give you a more realistic estimate of the range. I can't be bothered actually calculating it and I'm sure its not perfectly accurate, but you can see that all of them should shoot less than 60 feet flat.

Spending $90-$100 on a longstrike that won't outshoot a nitefinder?

Well, its your money.
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Orange Mod Works ranges revealed - Page 2 Empty Re: Orange Mod Works ranges revealed

Post  RetfirDMX Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 am

unless you got a crazy spring, i don't believe a massacre kit is neccesary. polycarb is freakishly strong, and is used on f22 fighter jet canopies among other high spec applications.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:21 pm

At a war... all you need is a NiteFinder. And a good shot =).
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Post  RetfirDMX Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:57 pm

i believe in longshots and stampedes. my nitefinder never sees action.
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:31 pm

clunk07 wrote:Um... I'd suggest maybe doing a little bit more research...

The Australian modding scene has been quite innovative thus far. Just a few quick examples are inf0rm3r's foam and tips, OzNerfNerd's boltsled brackets, and BattleWorks brass gears for the Stampede.

Considering the Immortal kit is unreleased, and untested by general public... that's a pretty big call to pit it against "home-made brass breeches". Not to mention the amount of OMW polycarb recon plunger tubes that I've heard of breaking. These kits are designed primarily for those who lack the skills or ability to produce their own modifications.

On another note - FA24's breech has pretty much been made obsolete by SgNerf's brass breech. And, quite a lot of really good quality performance parts are coming from Xplorer's in Singapore. And, even in saying that, the founder's have said that their Lshot kit is aimed at those who are unable to make their own brass breeches as well.

And, I'm pretty sure that I heard on the grapevine that the Immortal kit only utilises a 6kg spring... Not that I've seen it published anywhere, so don't quote me on it.

As for factory-made parts... well as a general rule of thumb, custom-made parts are generally of a higher quality, as they're not mass-produced.

Anyway, each to their own.

Cheers,

Just thought I'd post it here 'cause this thread's as good as any, OMW sells a 10 KG spring, so I guarantee you if they're trying to compete with modders then they'll use that or something higher.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:12 am

Which is still 4kg less spring load than what most people are using. Of course they're going to keep their springs fairly light. Otherwise they'll lose a large section of the market that they can't sell their kits to, seeing as most kids will struggle to prime a longshot with a 14kg load or better...

Cheers,
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 pm

TylerMaxwell wrote:

send me, some rotary, tools, for free. Hehehe.

You'd be surprised exactly what can be acheived with basic non powered hand tools...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 am