Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+15
pez7
abowden
oxymoron
GeneralPotatoes
Coolio226
Raider733
dandaldaks
ShootEmUp
Psykka
bulletproofvest
matt.chopper
Akimbo Assassin
littlebro05
Unknown
Darth Lai
19 posters

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai


    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Darth Lai Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm

    So I have had the Raider for a couple of weeks now and I can safely say that I love it.

    The Raider is a Clip System operated gun, so it can only take stock streamlines.
    It has 2 firing modes, Single fire and Slam fire.
    One of the best things about the Raider is the fact that it comes with a 35 drum magazine. 35! That's one word- amazing.

    The Raider has an adjustable stock which is also removable. The stock is interchangeable with the Recon's stock. The stock is actually immensly more comfortable then I thought it would be.
    Just like all the recent Nerf guns, the Raider has the "tactical rail". It has really no use, but it is kind of satisfying being able to attach scopes and laser lights onto your gun.

    To be honest- I think the Raider is one of the best stock Nerf guns to date. Definitely the best recent Nerf gun in my opinion.
    AND I love the blue. Yellow doesn't look nice to be honest.

    I picked mine up at the Target toy sale. I really doubt that Target would have any stock left, but if you do happen to fumble across one, then I would suggest you pick it up for the $38.


    That's it from me.
    Unknown
    Unknown


    Posts : 997
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Unknown Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:20 pm

    I too like the raider but once the AR's are out your guns just waiting to bust.
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai


    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Darth Lai Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:50 pm

    Oh.

    Don't you need to pad something with rubber or something? Like the plunger tube or something?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  littlebro05 Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:06 pm

    It only prolongs... It'll still get screwed over afterwards...

    The way I'd try to fix it is using 3day (AND YES WAIT 3 DAYS FOR BEST BOND). Get a plastic washer that fits almost perfectly in the plunger and glue it in... That way you've increased the thickness of your plunger. But just remember if you put more than 2mm thick plunger...you won't be able to prime your gun cause the bolt lock doesn't work.
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai


    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Darth Lai Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:08 pm

    Lol. I don't really plan on modding my Raider. Like it as it is. STOCK!
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin


    Posts : 394
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 47
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Akimbo Assassin Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 am

    I like to add my own personal review of Raider, thought I follow on this thread rather than starting another one.

    Just bought one from Target today on special for $34. Funny thing is they still have it listed for $54.95, reducing from $59.95. Eventually they have to give it to me for the catalogue price of $34, which I think is good price. Definitely not worth paying $55 for it.

    Only fired 2 full drum rounds at home. I must say I am a bit disappointed with 2 things: inconsistency of range and accuracy of darts. The range varied from 10 feet to 35 feet. I find the last 5-10 darts in the drum tends to fly shorter ranges of 10-15 feet. I am wondering if the spring in the drum magazine is the problem here? Anyone else here has similar problem with their last few darts flying short?

    The accuracy is also inferior to the suction darts that come with my Maverick. I guess the problem lies in the inherent design of the streamline darts. They tend to veer to either left or right. Suction dart's flight is a lot straighter.

    Otherwise you cannot pass it for $34, if you have not own one yet or thinking of getting one.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper


    Posts : 451
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 25
    Location : Melbourne

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  matt.chopper Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:41 am

    @akimboassasin no I've never had this problem with my raider. If you are using stefans this is very common as they can't be centred.

    Guys I modded my raider about 8 months ago.

    AR removed
    hole plug
    padding

    No signs of wear on the internals.

    I think it is a really goood gun. I would use it in a war but i painted it black. I love this gun so I really want to buy another at 34 dollars at the target sale. It would probably do best in the rushing aspect of the wars.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin


    Posts : 394
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 47
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Akimbo Assassin Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:55 am

    matt.chopper wrote:If you are using stefans this is very common as they can't be centred.

    Nope, I am just using the stock streamline darts. The range is just so inconsistent. If they fly for 20-30 feet then I'm fine with that. But quite a number only fly 10 feet and that is unacceptable.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper


    Posts : 451
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 25
    Location : Melbourne

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  matt.chopper Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:01 am

    This is the only thing I can think of.

    Are you pulling the handle all the way back. If not the darts are not guided by any tubing for a small ammount of time and going into the barrel in a unusual way and therefore losing momentum.

    I hope this helps.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin


    Posts : 394
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 47
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Akimbo Assassin Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:34 am

    OK I just did 2 more drum rounds test firing. I think the problem is the drum magazine may not be pushing the darts into the firing chamber properly, that's why a number of darts in my earlier testing only flew 10-15 feet. It is telling me those darts were about to be jammed inside the gun. So now if I fired a dud round (meaning if it only flew like 10-15 feet), I gave the gun a shake which I think seems to loose the spring in the drum magazine and allowed my next dart to be fed properly into the firing chamber. I didn't experience the short range for my last 5-10 darts anymore. A lot happier now.

    Accuracy still not that good though, but it is the problem of the streamline darts, not the Raider. Same thing happened if I fired them from my Maverick.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest


    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2010-05-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Adelaide Hills

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  bulletproofvest Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:25 am

    Haha, I took out my Air restrictors (This was when i first started nerf and i diddnt know shit) and dry fired it sooo much
    Guns fine
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 439
    Join date : 2010-08-20
    Age : 32
    Location : Melbourne, Preston

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Psykka Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 am

    Streamlines have a hole in one side. The air resistance causes them to turn. Poke a hole in the opposite side to try to correct this.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Halt, Hammerzeit!
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:10 am

    Akimbo Assassin wrote:I like to add my own personal review of Raider, thought I follow on this thread rather than starting another one.

    Just bought one from Target today on special for $34. Funny thing is they still have it listed for $54.95, reducing from $59.95. Eventually they have to give it to me for the catalogue price of $34, which I think is good price. Definitely not worth paying $55 for it.

    Only fired 2 full drum rounds at home. I must say I am a bit disappointed with 2 things: inconsistency of range and accuracy of darts. The range varied from 10 feet to 35 feet. I find the last 5-10 darts in the drum tends to fly shorter ranges of 10-15 feet. I am wondering if the spring in the drum magazine is the problem here? Anyone else here has similar problem with their last few darts flying short?

    The accuracy is also inferior to the suction darts that come with my Maverick. I guess the problem lies in the inherent design of the streamline darts. They tend to veer to either left or right. Suction dart's flight is a lot straighter.

    Otherwise you cannot pass it for $34, if you have not own one yet or thinking of getting one.


    Yea same with me i was really dissapointed with my raider couldn't be consictent with its ranges. I removed the AR and streachted the spring. i do the same with all my modded guns. what happens if you don't have padding?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  littlebro05 Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:33 am

    Nerf Ninja wrote:
    Yea same with me i was really dissapointed with my raider couldn't be consictent with its ranges. I removed the AR and streachted the spring. i do the same with all my modded guns. what happens if you don't have padding?

    Lolololol NerfNoobs at it again. Stretching the spring doesn't do anything at ALL. It will just go back to it's original sized.

    The inconsistency also has to do something with the faux barrel being too long.

    The best you can really do with the Nerf Raider to increase it's 'power' is too power stock the plunger (place a spring behind the plunger) and get an upgrade spring from Black-Tactical.

    A good power stock spring is the "DTG upgrade spring' from BT. It works in the Raider, but not in the Recon (since the position of the plunger slightly protrudes more. You could also use the Maverick upgrade spring but you'll want to work on not having any 'rattle' so it can fully compress.

    There's a lot of things you can do with reverse plunger guns. It's just if you want to waste the effort on them or not.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:29 am

    littlebro05 wrote:
    Nerf Ninja wrote:
    Yea same with me i was really dissapointed with my raider couldn't be consictent with its ranges. I removed the AR and streachted the spring. i do the same with all my modded guns. what happens if you don't have padding?

    Lolololol NerfNoobs at it again. Stretching the spring doesn't do anything at ALL. It will just go back to it's original sized.

    The inconsistency also has to do something with the faux barrel being too long.

    The best you can really do with the Nerf Raider to increase it's 'power' is too power stock the plunger (place a spring behind the plunger) and get an upgrade spring from Black-Tactical.

    A good power stock spring is the "DTG upgrade spring' from BT. It works in the Raider, but not in the Recon (since the position of the plunger slightly protrudes more. You could also use the Maverick upgrade spring but you'll want to work on not having any 'rattle' so it can fully compress.

    There's a lot of things you can do with reverse plunger guns. It's just if you want to waste the effort on them or not.

    There is all ready a spring behind the plunger
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:56 am

    phuonguyen wrote:Obviously you don't understand what littlebro is trying to explain, the spring is behind the plunger not around the plunger, so it does work to incredible effect as littlebro and I have seen. The spring is normally smaller in diameter so it cannot encircle the plunger tube.

    Do you mean putting it over the place were the AR is and then put the plunger over it?
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp


    Posts : 153
    Join date : 2009-12-28
    Location : Qld

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  ShootEmUp Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:17 pm

    Nerf Ninja wrote:Do you mean putting it over the place were the AR is and then put the plunger over it?

    This link should give you an idea, the second spring is in the stock. pushing the plunger from the back.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks


    Posts : 203
    Join date : 2010-09-05
    Age : 26
    Location : beans

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  dandaldaks Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:08 pm

    Nerf Ninja wrote:
    phuonguyen wrote:Obviously you don't understand what littlebro is trying to explain, the spring is behind the plunger not around the plunger, so it does work to incredible effect as littlebro and I have seen. The spring is normally smaller in diameter so it cannot encircle the plunger tube.

    Do you mean putting it over the place were the AR is and then put the plunger over it?
    no he means putting a slightly smaller spring in the stock(this will make it harder to put on) usually u put a maverick spring in there but people also use LS extention blaster with better results as ive heard (correct me if im wrong IN A NICE WAY plz since yes i am A MASSIVE N00B lol)
    Raider733
    Raider733


    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2010-12-10
    Age : 25

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Raider733 Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:51 pm

    As my name suggests, I have the Raider CS-35, and am extremely happy with it. I don't mod my guns so I'm just going to have to stick with it, but it is a little strange if you try slam fire immediately after getting it, but you get used to it. Most of my shots fall in the 45-60ft range, which was really surprising after all the reviews I saw, and it has not jammed a single time, so no complaints there. This is my primary weapon in most fights, and it is reliable, powerful, good firing rate, number of darts but the drum does get in your line of sight, but anyway.
    If you're. Considering this gun, BUY IT. If not, BUY IT ANYWAY.
    Coolio226
    Coolio226


    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2010-07-09
    Age : 22
    Location : Armidale NSW

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Coolio226 Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 am

    Raider733 wrote: Most of my shots fall in the 45-60ft range.

    Woah... All hail the holy blaster. Seriously, 20 metres is a really long range for a stock nerf blaster.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin


    Posts : 394
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 47
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:05 am

    Coolio226 wrote:
    Raider733 wrote: Most of my shots fall in the 45-60ft range.

    Woah... All hail the holy blaster. Seriously, 20 metres is a really long range for a stock nerf blaster.

    LOL I know. My Raider with replacement stronger spring can't even shoot that far at flat angle. Maybe his Raider has some voodoo magic added to it in the factory.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  littlebro05 Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:11 am

    Or he's talking shit.
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai


    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Darth Lai Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:05 am

    Or he's not shooting flat ?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser


    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  littlebro05 Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:09 am

    Or he's standing on top of a 5metre high balcony angling all of his shots.
    Raider733
    Raider733


    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2010-12-10
    Age : 25

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Raider733 Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:44 am

    Yeah, my shots were angled when I did the testing, but that was when it was brand new anyway...
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai


    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Darth Lai Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:46 am

    Okay, thanks for that. Next time you could state whether your range was measured Flat or Angled. We generally do our ranges flat.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin


    Posts : 394
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 47
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:04 pm

    Yes that explains it, but still 60 feet is far for an angle shot from a stock Raider. Maybe that was the one dart which flew the longest range? We prefer to measure at flat angle because that is how everyone shoot their Raider in a game. We don't aim it at the sky and hope the dart will fly up in a loop and drop down on your enemy's head like a canon ball.
    Raider733
    Raider733


    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2010-12-10
    Age : 25

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Raider733 Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:10 pm

    Ok, i've fired 3 drums of ammo FLAT in my garden, they tend to reach about 25-35 feet.
    What if you were shooting at someone up in a tree though? My friends and I have a platform for sniping and firing the vulcan...
    GeneralPotatoes
    GeneralPotatoes


    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2010-12-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Mackay QLD

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  GeneralPotatoes Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:10 am

    The raiders probably my favourite blaster. bought one 2 days ago and it's so much damn fun
    oxymoron
    oxymoron


    Posts : 357
    Join date : 2010-12-19
    Age : 38
    Location : SE Brisbane, QLD

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  oxymoron Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:50 pm

    Well I gotta say in actually think the Raider is over-rated. Especially since I've never seen it for less than $70 in Brisbane.
    I find the 35 drum too cumbersome and while slam fire is kinda cool, it's not very accurate at all when you are going as quick as possible.
    Unless you see it for under $40 I woulnt bother at all.

    Go for a Stampede instead.
    Raider733
    Raider733


    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2010-12-10
    Age : 25

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Raider733 Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 am

    oxymoron wrote:Well I gotta say in actually think the Raider is over-rated. Especially since I've never seen it for less than $70 in Brisbane.
    I find the 35 drum too cumbersome and while slam fire is kinda cool, it's not very accurate at all when you are going as quick as possible.
    Unless you see it for under $40 I woulnt bother at all.

    Go for a Stampede instead.

    Stampede is better, but if you're going for sheer distance and power, the alpha trooper is a cheaper alternative. Slam fire, 20 dart drum, about 30 feet flat out of the box.
    I have a stampede and alpha trooper, and although I prefer the stampede because I spray painted it black, (it looks beast now) the alpha trooper is my favourite non-auto weapon.
    abowden
    abowden


    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  abowden Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 pm

    Trooper over the raider any day, the only reason I have them is because of there drum.
    pez7
    pez7


    Posts : 60
    Join date : 2011-02-05
    Age : 25
    Location : Brisbane, Queensland

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  pez7 Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:35 am

    I have a raider as well and thinks its great. One of the biggest downsides though is sometimes you get carried away with the slam fire. It wastes ammo very quickly if your not careful, because you think you have a lot of ammo in the drum and then suddenly it is all used up. Is pretty difficult to modify as well. Range is also an issue. And don't get me started on accuracy it is all round rubbish. However is great for getting out of sticky close range combat though. The big drum is good (as long as your not wasteful).

    I have to agree though that the Alpha Trooper is a better alternative.


    Last edited by pez7 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    Unknown
    Unknown


    Posts : 997
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Unknown Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:58 am

    Raider > Alpha trooper, lets face it the raider is one cool gun.
    Not the best performance but one of the coolest and funnest (not a word but it should be) guns Hasbro has made and for $40 it's a steal.
    abowden
    abowden


    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  abowden Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 am

    Ok, I will do a fun test, I'll tell you how it turns out

    Sponsored content


    Nerf Raider CS-35 Review. Empty Re: Nerf Raider CS-35 Review.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:02 am