Straight to the point. It comes with 4 attachments, them being the stock(Flimsy, holds one magazine though not very practical), a barrel extension(May add accuracy, reduces range), a 'red dot'(Can be adjusted to 'Red dot' mode or 'Tactical light' mode, useless, not bright enough) and the leaf sight(Again, generally useless due the range of this gun, but still fun to mess around with). The main gun can be used as a bulky pistol, and when used as such, it somewhat resembles the GOW Snub pistol. It is packaged with one Magazine and 6 streamline darts.
Out of the box, it has an effective range(Range without arcing) of somewhat 5 metres with the barrel attachment and a range(Non-angled) of somewhat 9-10 metres. Without the barrel, it is effective at around 6 metres, and a full range of somewhat 10-11.
I've heard many complain about the Recon's Jamming issues, however mine has only ever jammed twice and both due to me cocking it too quickly, that being said, the Recon is best used as a CQB(Close-quarters Battle) weapon and preferably behind cover, where one has a little more time to reload.
Usage and storage tips:
- Try not to cock it too quickly as it may jam
- It is a good idea to have the leaf sight sitting on the barrel extension or if you wish, not used at all as it gets in the way of cocking
- Best for CQB situations, a good idea to fire it angled
- When storing, it's best to discharge all rounds and leave the magazine inside the gun, this removes all strain on the spring inside the mag and the plunger. You could also remove the mag, and manually put a bullet in the chamber yourself, and then fire it off.
- (No-brainer) Leave magazines empty or with only one dart sitting in it, it'll ensure a long lifespan
Overall, I see it as an okay weapon, I can't say anything regarding mods because I've never done one.
PS. My first review, I've tried to make it as detailed as possible, if I'm missing anything, please tell ^^;