Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
Servulus
bulletproofvest
CobraNerf
littlebro05
thenews4nerf
{Frenzibrenzi}
Reconzor
11 posters

How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun

Poll

Was this mod helpful?

[ 3 ]
    How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Bar_left33%How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 4 ]
    How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Bar_left44%How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Bar_left22%How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Bar_right [22%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Poll closed
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Empty How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun

Post  Reconzor Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:42 am

This mod lets you use stefans in stock guns. You should really mod the guns. Anyway i figured this out after getting extremely pissed off at my darts just falling out of my LS barrel. ( haven't take the peg out yet). if you screw up your stefans it isn't my fault, if you want to know how to make stefans you should just google it or look around. This is also my first mod write up.

Materials:
    Stefans
    Screwdriver
    Lighter
    Pain resistance (not pictured)
    How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun IMG_0948

Method

1.To start with heat up your screw driver tip by holding over the lighter flame., and you'll need pain tolerance if you hold the lighter on, cos it'll heat up. heat for 30+ seconds
    How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Heat

2. poke the back end of your stefan an sort of drill down? push hard? untill you hit the hot glue/weight part you'll get it if you actually do this mod.
    How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Poke

3. And thats pretty much it.
    How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun IMG_0951

Be careful in this mod, you could burn your self. My ls is semi modded? it has a NF spring, plugged that little hole on the black part of tube under the jam door (can't remember the name of the part, it's attached to the bolt sled). rangers are epic, i dont have a tape measure so its guess work

Streamlines:
    flat (shoulder height): at double stock range- 65ft?
    angled, 45 degrees: double, + 1 quarter of stock
    Stefans:
    Flat: stock
    angled: dont know
    so its guess work but its pretty far though.. has potential.. LS FTW

Have a nice day!

--Reconzor

Last edited by Reconzor on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    {Frenzibrenzi}
    {Frenzibrenzi}

How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Empty Re: How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun

Post  {Frenzibrenzi} Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:11 am

! Bet me to it!

I can't really use my stefans in my longshot as it is too tight of a fit. I only use them in my modded longshot front gun, because they are a very nice tight fit, and shoot about 15 m (guessing).
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun Empty Re: How to get stefans to work in stock guns- without mods in the gun

Post  Reconzor Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:18 am

Ha ha, ah well. was my first write up good>?
    {Frenzibrenzi}
    {Frenzibrenzi}

Post  {Frenzibrenzi} Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:30 am

Yes it was good. You stuck to the point and provided something that people commonly ask about.
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:47 am

{Frenzibrenzi} wrote:Yes it was good. You stuck to the point and provided something that people commonly ask about.
    thanks i think i did good too... btw, where ca i find a 100ft tape measure?
    thenews4nerf
    thenews4nerf

Post  thenews4nerf Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:26 am

bunnings or miner 10 would be your best bet.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:45 am

Reconzor wrote:
    {Frenzibrenzi} wrote:Yes it was good. You stuck to the point and provided something that people commonly ask about.
    thanks i think i did good too... btw, where ca i find a 100ft tape measure?

I'm quite interested but where do you buy foam backer rod from? I use blue foam but I want to take a stab at the FBR stuff. It's just so if I have dart hire I can accomodate you silly White / Black / Grey FBR users :P.
    thenews4nerf
    thenews4nerf

Post  thenews4nerf Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:59 am

bunnings sells 10mm and 13mm and 15mm, or go to foam rubber industries (f.r.i), clark rubber and theres a couple independint stores names foam and rubber.
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:05 am

thenews4nerf wrote:bunnings sells 10mm and 13mm and 15mm, or go to foam rubber industries (f.r.i), clark rubber and theres a couple independint stores names foam and rubber.
    Bunnings does not sell 13mm foam. I got mine from Home.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:06 am

I'm pretty sure they do. I think it's jsut because your bunnings doesn't sell it. My mitre 10 doesnt' sell FBR but melbourne does.

Got yours from "Home Depot"? I dunno. Where that is.
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 am

Home Timber and Hardware. The proper Hardware store.

Oh, I heard no Bunnings sold it but whatever.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:43 am

I'll have to check it out... do you knwo what brand they are? Going to do some research on it.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:44 am

I can mod lighters so then it dosent hurt to have it on and easy Ignition
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:28 am

Lighters are only good for lighting my blowtorch, which will heat steel up far faster than a lighter.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:33 am

D:
    Just use your parent's stove.
    (Unless your Servulus)
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:35 am

"littlebro05" I'm quite interested but where do you buy foam backer rod from? I use blue foam but I want to take a stab at the FBR stuff. It's just so if I have dart hire I can accomodate you silly White / Black / Grey FBR users :P.
    i dont know i boughtal 30ish of my stefans from yes -Blakefield- yeah your reading that right, he is my mate in real life and he lives like 10 min bike ride from me
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:46 am

bulletproofvest wrote:D:
    Just use your parent's stove.
    (Unless your Servulus)

Well thats a given, i own my own stove!

Did i mention i have a Bunsen burner as well, just another way to heat up steel and other things.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:08 am

GGRRR
    A soldering iron would work too.
    Servulus i'm guessing you have one of those but you dont have to say it ok?!
    random guy
    random guy

Post  random guy Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Servulus wrote:Bunsen burner

That word(s) make me laugh (don't ask, it just does).

back on topic, nice write up. I may do it but does anyone know a good way of removing the peg without taking off the center bar so the darts don't go too far back.
    THE NERFER KID!
    THE NERFER KID!

Post  THE NERFER KID! Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:44 pm

would i be able to get that kind of foam from Clark rubber?
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:03 am

ok fellas stop asking me about the foam! i bought the stefans, but blakefield said that he got it from clark rubber
    [youtube]<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CNcwMZMnngk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CNcwMZMnngk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>[/youtube]

video related, its clark rubber
    Jackolow

Post  Jackolow Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:12 pm

so (newbie question) to allow stock guns to run stefans and mod the gun, is the only thing I have to do is break the stick/air restrictor?
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:46 am

Jackolow wrote:so (newbie question) to allow stock guns to run stefans and mod the gun, is the only thing I have to do is break the stick/air restrictor?

pretty much yeah. But if you want to use stefans in a clip there is a mod that mods the clip so stefans don't jam its on nerfhaven somwhere. Or do my mod
    Jackolow

Post  Jackolow Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 pm

alright since i'm scared i'll get banned for posting a newbie question thread , I need to ask another question trying to continue the idea of running stefans to work in stock guns and stock clips.

Whats so special about the size characteristics of a stefan? Can you make a DIY dart which is the same size as a normal dart so you can run normal darts and stefans simultaneously? (say in the same clip)
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Jackolow wrote:alright since i'm scared i'll get banned for posting a newbie question thread , I need to ask another question trying to continue the idea of running stefans to work in stock guns and stock clips.

Whats so special about the size characteristics of a stefan? Can you make a DIY dart which is the same size as a normal dart so you can run normal darts and stefans simultaneously? (say in the same clip)

Checkout my blue foam threads, best material for making darts, same as stock dart material except more dense.
    thenews4nerf
    thenews4nerf

Post  thenews4nerf Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:16 pm

how dence is your blue foam denser then buzzbee darts?
    Jackolow

Post  Jackolow Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 pm

inf0rm3r wrote:
    Jackolow wrote:alright since i'm scared i'll get banned for posting a newbie question thread , I need to ask another question trying to continue the idea of running stefans to work in stock guns and stock clips.

Checkout my blue foam threads, best material for making darts, same as stock dart material except more dense.

I'm assuming you're refering to this thread - http://www.oznerf.com/homemades-f2/dart-creation-complete-guide-t872.htm

It's a very good guide. I'm just wondering what is the relevance to the actual size of stefans - why aren't they standard dart size, but smaller? Is it just for a performance gain, or is it actually detrimental to have them at full size?

EDIT- maybe i've seen a wrong stefan and it was hacked to be short and stubby.. however everyone seems to have it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:30 am