Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+10
Servulus
Echoes
Psykka
Akimbo Assassin
whichgrep
jacko1120
Saintznerf
Winterstrike
youngin'
FaytZero
14 posters

Maverick Fail

FaytZero
    FaytZero

Maverick Fail Empty Maverick Fail

Post  FaytZero Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:07 am

Hey all! Just a hopefully quick question, i have a quite a few nerf guns and i have modded all of them. However i have allways over looked the maverick. So i saw them for $12 at target so i bought one. Afte reading up on them i decided to follow the cover most bases guide in the directory here. Before modding stock i was getting about 15-16 metres out of it, which for stock i thought was ok.

Now mod wise i did the russian mod for the chamber to flip all the way out. Also i removed AR's. Now when i removed AR's i just took it appart and drilled out the orange piece that sticks insides the darts and put it all back together.

Now ill be lucky to get 8 metres and thats if it fires, it keeps miss firing.

Any ideas of he top of your heads?

Cheers.
    youngin'
    youngin'

Maverick Fail Empty Re: Maverick Fail

Post  youngin' Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:28 am

The same thing happened to my clear one.
    It only fired 1 shot and went max 2 metres.
    so what I did was full barrel removal and i wrecked
    the turret. So now I will cout of rails towards the front
    and single it for better air seal.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:02 am

It it got 15-16m stock, then you have a miracle maverick and I wouldn't have touched it but instead worshipped it.

As to why your modded maverick is shooting worse, it's probably the seal. You may have messes up the rotation mech so now it doesn't align properly.

Or you can just bring it to a war and I'll just look at it for you.
    Saintznerf
    Saintznerf

Post  Saintznerf Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:52 am

Every now and then " a miracle gun" is produced which is very rare, if you obtain on of these you should not touch it internally. i have one, its a tek 6 that shoots 30-35 ft flat!!!!
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Post  jacko1120 Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Look for FA24's Mav seal improvement mod in the nerf haven directory, fixed mine no problem.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 am

Thank you all kind sir's. And as an update bought another mav last and was was disapointed to see that it only shot like 10m aprox. But I will check out that seal fix and will also bring the fail mav to the next war for you to check out winter.

Once again Cheer All.
    whichgrep

Post  whichgrep Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 am

FaytZero wrote:Now I'll be lucky to get 8 metres and that's if it fires, it keeps misfiring.

Any ideas off the top of your heads?

Cheers.

Off the top of my head, I had similar problems when I took the ARs out of my Maverick.

Make sure the plunger is correctly placed, and make sure it's lubricated. Different people tell you different lubricants. I've been using plain Vaseline chapstick as a lubricant for my Lego and other toys for years, and it hasn't affected the plastic, so I use it in Nerf guns too.

I also found that it didn't fire as well when the screws are too tight. Take the slider off, then get your screwdriver and undo the four screws at top-back of the gun, about half a turn. Then put the slider back on.

Hope this helps.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:34 am

FaytZero wrote:Thank you all kind sir's. And as an update bought another mav last and was was disapointed to see that it only shot like 10m aprox. But I will check out that seal fix and will also bring the fail mav to the next war for you to check out winter.

What were your initial expectation of a Nerf gun's range? 50m like a real pistol? 8m flat is pretty stock standard range for a Maverick. I don't know how you measured your initial range that got you 15-16m, that must be a Maverick manufactured from the factory with a bit of magic touch added. You violated the warning when you disassembled the gun so the magic dispersed and disappeared into the thin air

Honestly, my stock Maverick only shoots 8m (25 feet) flat, even after I removed the AR, it only shoots an extra <1m (2-3 feet). I changed the stock spring to a BT spring, and it added another 1.5-3m (5-10 feet), so now it can reach about 13m (40 feet).

Just be realistic about Nerf guns, after all they are just toy guns shooting form darts. If you want to shoot 50m, get a real gun which shoots bullets. (If it is legally allowed for you).
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:37 am

If you want to shoot 50m, get a real gun which shoots bullets.

Hmm, I own at least 10 guns that reach that distance easily. What kind of nerf sports do YOU play?
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 am

Make sure the plunger is correctly placed, and make sure it's lubricated. Different people tell you different lubricants. I've been using plain Vaseline chapstick as a lubricant for my Lego and other toys for years, and it hasn't affected the plastic, so I use it in Nerf guns too.

It's not the plastic you need to worry about if using vaso it's the O-rings. Vaso seems to act funny with the crummy rubber hasbro uses.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:33 am

Winterstrike wrote:Hmm, I own at least 10 guns that reach that distance easily. What kind of nerf sports do YOU play?

Yeah, yeah Chad, we know you modded your Longshots very extensively, but what proportion of Nerf guns out there that can easily shoot 50m (150+ feet) flat?
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:35 am

Whoa dude, I've never seen a longshot go that far. I was talking about air guns only. In terms of proportion, I wouldn't know, but any serious nerfer has at least a few air guns.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Ah I see. Which Nerf air guns are you talking about? I read from a few other forums some people modified their Longshots so much they can get up to 150 feet but that's just too much effort.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 pm

He'd mostly be referring to Nerf Titans and BuzzBee Big Blasts. They can get some killer distances haha. I've only heard of Longshots hitting about 110 feet... any links to places where you'd get 150 foot longshots?

On topic: I did an AR removal for my Maverick as well, but only because there was something wrong with it. Turns out my O-ring got completely warped and wasn't creating a seal anymore - this was before I'd opened it up or anything so I have no idea how that happened. Anyway, my advice has been mentioned above: Don't tighten your screws in the cylinder too much. Stuff stops working properly for some reason! Also pay close attention to the rotation mechanism because the first time I took it apart, I didn't allign that properly, which led to all sorts of problems. The dry firing noise of the AR-less Maverick made me go
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Echoes wrote:any links to places where you'd get 150 foot longshots?

The dry firing noise of the AR-less Maverick made me go

I can't recall myself which forums, just a few people boosting their Longshots can shoot up to 150 feet, though I have my own doubt.

You should listen to dry firing noise of an AR-less Longshot with Chad's spring. Now that's loud
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:28 pm

It was the first time I'd actually heard an AR-less blaster go off. Shocked me

I'm relatively new to nerfing but I've done a bit of my Longshot and damn that was loud. But still... the reverse plunger blasters get more contact on a larger, completely flat surface in my opinion. This would make a larger cracking noise

And seriously, my face was
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    Winterstrike wrote:Hmm, I own at least 10 guns that reach that distance easily. What kind of nerf sports do YOU play?

Yeah, yeah Chad, we know you modded your Longshots very extensively, but what proportion of Nerf guns out there that can easily shoot 50m (150+ feet) flat?

In the air gun list there are a few that can hit like 170 to 200ft, some can get nearly 300ft these are modified of course. The most popular are the Titan and the Buzz Bee Big Blast commonly referred to the BBBB or 4B.

Now there are many air powered Nerf and Nerf style guns out there that can with only some basic mods reach the 50m mark and more.

As for spring power, 100ft is considered to be very good, that is until you go for a fully custom spring powered gun, where up to 170ft could be achieved.

So we dont need to own a 'real' gun or an airsoft or paintball gun to achieve 50m + distances.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Echoes wrote:But still... the reverse plunger blasters get more contact on a larger, completely flat surface in my opinion. This would make a larger cracking noise

Really? I thought the only contact surface area in a reverse plunger is just the thin rim of forward tube getting slammed by the inside of the rear tube.

Servulus wrote:So we dont need to own a 'real' gun or an airsoft or paintball gun to achieve 50m + distances.

True, when spoken from an expert modder like yourself.

But for Nerf newbies like Faytzero or myself, how do you suggest us to buy a readily available Nerf blasters from stores, then only do basic mods like AR removal, not more complex mods like brass breech tubing or barrel change etc, so we can shoot 150 feet?

Sorry for double posting, couldn't get multi-quote to work. Must investigate cause.

I've fixed it up for you. To multi-post, click the multi post button on all of the posts that you wish to quote/partially quote, and then click add reply. phuonguyen

Last edited by phuonguyen on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed multi quote.)
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:15 pm

You *broke* a *good* Mavrick?!

Haha, I echo the sentiment in the thread. If you find a good blaster, espeically if it's a good blaster in a series notorious for malfunction, don't even bother modding it.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:52 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    Echoes wrote:

True, when spoken from an expert modder like yourself.

But for Nerf newbies like Faytzero or myself, how do you suggest us to buy a readily available Nerf blasters from stores, then only do basic mods like AR removal, not more complex mods like brass breech tubing or barrel change etc, so we can shoot 150 feet?

Sorry for double posting, couldn't get multi-quote to work. Must investigate cause.

I've fixed it up for you. To multi-post, click the multi post button on all of the posts that you wish to quote/partially quote, and then click add reply. phuonguyen

Hold on there "newb", im up there with both chad and loch, maybe not loch with his vulcans but still. I have a 4b intergrated into a longstrike, sexy looking too. I've completely redone a triple shot and got my longshot to get 50ft not clipped sadly but 50ft not the less ( Thanks for the spring chad :P)

Now on to the maverick, I have had a look into it, from what i can see there is a gap between the ar i drilled ans the balled, looks like i sanded it too much. Im going to try to seal it with a shave of 15mm pvc and epoxy.

Also got a wicked Lenard pistol tyesterday from a post office in murray bridge i'll be posting a review/mod guide int he next few days, its awesome but a little impractical.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:But for Nerf newbies like Faytzero or myself, how do you suggest us to buy a readily available Nerf blasters from stores, then only do basic mods like AR removal, not more complex mods like brass breech tubing or barrel change etc, so we can shoot 150 feet?
    Just as much as you to tell people to be reasonable with expecting Mavericks to go around 25ft stock, you should expect that any kind of blaster that can go 150ft will require fair amount of work. The bare minimum you may get away with is a quick slap-on coupler and a barrel change.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:09 am

Silent Scope wrote:Just as much as you to tell people to be reasonable with expecting Mavericks to go around 25ft stock, you should expect that any kind of blaster that can go 150ft will require fair amount of work. The bare minimum you may get away with is a quick slap-on coupler and a barrel change.

Which is why I ask how could a newbie perform minimal simple mods (e.g. without barrel change because it is not really considered a basic mod) and still able to achieve 150 feet range as suggested. Because I don't believe a newbie can achieve that.

As for Faytzero, sorry I assume you are a Nerf newbie. Because any experienced Nerf users would know a typical stock Maverick cannot achieve 15-16m range.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:31 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Which is why I ask how could a newbie perform minimal simple mods (e.g. without barrel change because it is not really considered a basic mod) and still able to achieve 150 feet range as suggested. Because I don't believe a newbie can achieve that.
    No, you're just using a label to justify your own abilities to prevent yourself and others to take a step forward in improving your skills. Like i've mentioned before last month in another topic, it really does not take that much effort to find the ideal blaster and it's retrospective modification write-ups to create something to your own tastes within your own skills.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:53 am

Err... drilled out the ARs in a maverick? That doesnt' sound right LOL. Don't you just unscrew it and all the ARs just fall out o.O.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:57 am

Silent Scope wrote:No, you're just using a label to justify your own abilities to prevent yourself and others to take a step forward in improving your skills. Like i've mentioned before last month in another topic, it really does not take that much effort to find the ideal blaster and it's retrospective modification write-ups to create something to your own tastes within your own skills.

And what exactly do you mean by using a label to justify my own abilities? I am using the word "newbie" as generally people who just got into Nerf recent time, and has not done any mod, maybe just a few mods. Do you think people like these can perform complex mods successfully? Not many I think.

Also in no way I say being labelled a newbie would prevent me from trying slightly more complex mods. I still considered myself a newbie because I only started collecting Nerfs 3 months ago, done a few AR removal and spring replacements. But I have also tried slightly harder mod like aluminium reinforcement of Longshot bolt sled. So stop assuming me just putting on this "newbie" label to justify my own skill and preventing myself from improving my skills.
    thestick
    thestick

Post  thestick Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:15 am

littlebro05 wrote:Err... drilled out the ARs in a maverick? That doesnt' sound right LOL. Don't you just unscrew it and all the ARs just fall out o.O.

You can also drill out the peg for better air flow.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:20 am

I find that drillign the pegs for 'better airflow' doesn't really do anything lol.

With the newbie term debate, does it really matter? I'm basically a trial and error modder, if it works it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I just mod whatever without giving a 2nd thought about the blaster and hope it works haha. 80% success rate so far <,<.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:28 am

littlebro05 wrote:I find that drillign the pegs for 'better airflow' doesn't really do anything lol.

With the newbie term debate, does it really matter? I'm basically a trial and error modder, if it works it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I just mod whatever without giving a 2nd thought about the blaster and hope it works haha. 80% success rate so far <,<.

This is what we call Plan A. Plan B is to set it on fire if it doesn't work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 pm