Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+24
doubleshot
Fled74
Switchblade
Eclipse
wallo
littlebro05
Joey
Akimbo Assassin
Psykka
DougoDistructo
Winterstrike
lolnerf
M@lew
gooni
KingCam
Acerised
inf0rm3r
longstrikeguy
TheTrueMcMuffin
mavrick man
DRaKe
matt.chopper
haydenj10
28 posters

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

haydenj10
    haydenj10

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay? Empty Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

Post  haydenj10 Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:16 am

Hey Everyone,
    Yes, I know, I should have posted this in the questions thread... But I find it never gets read.
    So back on topic, i'm considering buying this [LINK] spring for my longshot off eBay, but i don't know if it is the best spring to go for. I have heard that the c865.... or whatever it happens to be is crap and has very bad compression and brakes the ls boltslead without reinforcement or aluminium parts. So I am just wondering which spring to go for to get maximum range for my ls.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay? Empty Re: Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

Post  matt.chopper Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:17 am

I learnt the hard way,these springs are rubbish.
    DRaKe
    DRaKe

Post  DRaKe Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:20 am

Features:

* Allows ranges of 80-110 feet
    * Provides amazing accuracy, even at these extreme speeds
    * This unique spring balances maximum power and too much power for the plastic internals of the longshot without compromising on either side. If you put a spring that is too big into the longshot, you risk cracking many of the fragile plastic internals of the gun, and ending up with nothing but a heap of broken plastic and screws.
    * This spring is also unique in that it allows you to dry fire the gun* (fire it without a dart in the loading chamber). Many springs will crack the bolt sled when dry fired, and that will completely ruin your gun. Nothing would be worse than having a target in your sights during a Nerf war, ready to obliterate it with the twitch of a finger, and -~CRACK~- Now you are weaponless. Not good.
    * This spring package includes the unique launching spring, but it also includes a trigger mechanisim spring that will be necessary for the firing mechanisim to hold the load that the launching spring provides. Beware of sellers that will only give you the launching spring, and will not include the trigger mechanisim spring.
    He expects people to believe this crap?
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:24 am

ok i thought it was bs but which spring would be the best?
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:34 am

I would just use a stock longshot and a NF spring nothing in my long shot has broken at all.

And the same guy who sells this custom longshot spring sells stampede kits!
    This kit also includes a custom mod spring, which gives the gun firing ranges of 100+ feet and your Stampede to shoot about 4 darts per second.
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:38 am

mavrick man wrote:I would just use a stock longshot and a NF spring nothing in my long shot has broken at all.

And the same guy who sells this custom longshot spring sells stampede kits!
    This kit also includes a custom mod spring, which gives the gun firing ranges of 100+ feet and your Stampede to shoot about 4 darts per second.

lol the dude from ebay is bsing you. He is fake.
    Just NF Spring With LS Spring? What are ranges
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 am

I don't know the ranges but it shoots about 20m ish, i have not measured it, but i like it alot.
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:06 am

Really? Is that flat or angled, because most of my guns shoot 20 metres angled stock?
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:12 am

Flatish, angled, i dont know.
    DRaKe
    DRaKe

Post  DRaKe Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:06 am

Keep the Longshot spring and put a Recon spring inside that one, this is what I have done and it consistently gets 60ft angled. Also mavrick man, swapping springs in a Stampede will not make it shoot faster, you need a voltage mod to do that
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 am

DRaKe wrote:Keep the Longshot spring and put a Recon spring inside that one, this is what I have done and it consistently gets 60ft angled. Also mavrick man, swapping springs in a Stampede will not make it shoot faster, you need a voltage mod to do that

Exactly what I did to my Longshot yesterday
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:58 am

You get the same ranges with a nightfinder spring as with a recon spring but the recon spring put extra preasure on the LS boltsled which will lead to brakes.
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:01 am

longstrikeguy wrote:You get the same ranges with a nightfinder spring as with a recon spring but the recon spring put extra preasure on the LS boltsled which will lead to brakes.
    If the ranges are the same, then how is there more pressure on the bolt sled?
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 am

Use a BBB Spring (Big Bad Bow Spring)

Great ranges, especially out of brass breech.
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:49 am

NF, Recon and stock LS spring
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:32 am

I am using a custom made Winterstrike LongShot it getting me 85 to 92 feet flat.
    Not bad for $15
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 am

KingCam wrote:I am using a custom made Winterstrike LongShot it getting me 85 to 92 feet flat.
    Not bad for $15

Indeed, The Chad spring is the pwn, I also have one in my singled TS, and boy is it good.

My LS is still kind of noob as it still has original barrel, but the TS(TripleShot)is singled with 16mm upvc conduit, hits 80-90ft flat depending on the dart.

Gooni.
    M@lew
    M@lew

Post  M@lew Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Damn I've got one of those eBay springs on the way to my house. I thought I might as well try it but would it even be worth putting in? I've got an NF + stock spring in my Longshot at the moment. Might just leave it with that or grab the black-tactical spring if this eBay one is really that bad.
    lolnerf
    lolnerf

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay? Empty Longshot

Post  lolnerf Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:59 am

This guy sells one is he BS too
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nerf-Longshot-Modified-Black-Attack-Spring-/140428786203?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b2353a1b#ht_1564wt_1is139
    He is known as fishnosedog on youtube and his mods look good
    i don't know, up to you guys?
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 am

lolnerf wrote:This guy sells one is he BS too
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nerf-Longshot-Modified-Black-Attack-Spring-/140428786203?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b2353a1b#ht_1564wt_1is139
    He is known as fishnosedog on youtube and his mods look good
    i don't know, up to you guys?

I bought this one a while back and was uterly disapointed. I was also told by some vets to never buy from NerfsNerdsDaniel.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:31 am

I'm all out of my springs, so please stop asking. The only way to get them now is from people who already have them.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:36 am

Winterstrike wrote:I'm all out of my springs, so please stop asking. The only way to get them now is from people who already have them.

Oh shit, well looks like my next TS will have to be a pussy TS.
    DougoDistructo
    DougoDistructo

Post  DougoDistructo Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Inside my longshot:

Singled ( ramrod at the moment, working on getting good tubing-stefan fit)

Long Shot spring

Recon Spring

Nite Finder spring

miscellaneous spring (about same force as nite finder spring)

With stock sled setup, easily shot about 50 metres, FLAT, no exageration.
    All to do now is see how long it lasts

Hope this gives you some cofidence!

Good luck.
    -Dougie.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:18 pm

DougoDistructo wrote:Inside my longshot:

Singled ( ramrod at the moment, working on getting good tubing-stefan fit)

Long Shot spring

Recon Spring

Nite Finder spring

miscellaneous spring (about same force as nite finder spring)

With stock sled setup, easily shot about 50 metres, FLAT, no exageration.
    All to do now is see how long it lasts

Hope this gives you some cofidence!

Good luck.
    -Dougie.

You really expect people to believe you are getting 160 feet out of your longshot? Those are air gun ranges or at least something with a custom plunger tube.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Funny why there have been a few new people coming in here and start telling us about their bullshit range? Maybe they are measuring one foot long as in the length of their own tiny feet
    DougoDistructo
    DougoDistructo

Post  DougoDistructo Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Interesting I just wrote up a whole explination, and it doesnt post

Anyways, when my blaster is back together I shall make a video for you all

Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:40 pm

50m FLAT!
    Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

What does it get angled? 70m :p

Watches the fly
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Lolllllll. 50metres. Dude, even a singled longshot can not get that far. LS, Recon and NF with best seals. The best you'll get is at least 20-25metres.

Don't worry guys, it's just another 14 year old making him look like an amateur.
    DougoDistructo
    DougoDistructo

Post  DougoDistructo Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 am

littlebro05 wrote:Lolllllll. 50metres. Dude, even a singled longshot can not get that far. LS, Recon and NF with best seals. The best you'll get is at least 20-25metres.

Don't worry guys, it's just another 14 year old making him look like an amateur.

I guess we will all have to wait until my video, and that will be when i get some new barrel material
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:49 am

DougoDistructo wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:Lolllllll. 50metres. Dude, even a singled longshot can not get that far. LS, Recon and NF with best seals. The best you'll get is at least 20-25metres.

I guess we will all have to wait until my video, and that will be when i get some new barrel material

This I can't wait to see. Because IF what you say is not BS but it is bullshit you will be the first that I know of to get a LS to do 50m (164ft) FLAT. And then we will all have to kiss your ass and bask in the glow of your god like modding skills.

That is all.

Gooni.
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:32 am

gooni wrote:
    This I can't wait to see. Because IF what you say is not BS but it is bullshit you will be the first that I know of to get a LS to do 50m (164ft) FLAT. And then we will all have to kiss your ass and bask in the glow of your god like modding skills.

That is all.

Gooni.

I second that...
    DougoDistructo
    DougoDistructo

Post  DougoDistructo Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Its interesting to see how many people doubt it, my yard is approximately 45 metres in length, when I fire flat from the shoulder It ( the stefan ) Hits the wall with roughly 10-20cm drop, which with a tad of common sense would land the dart at about 50 metres. I don't see why it is such a big deal and that 4 or so people need to put me down about it?

-Dougie
    haydenj10
    haydenj10

Post  haydenj10 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 pm

DougoDistructo wrote: My yard is approximately 45 metres in length, when I fire flat from the shoulder It ( the stefan ) Hits the wall with roughly 10-20cm drop. -Dougie

Ah huh... You keep telling yourself that...
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 am

DougoDistructo wrote:Its interesting to see how many people doubt it, my yard is approximately 45 metres in length, when I fire flat from the shoulder It ( the stefan ) Hits the wall with roughly 10-20cm drop, which with a tad of common sense would land the dart at about 50 metres. I don't see why it is such a big deal and that 4 or so people need to put me down about it?

-Dougie

LOL at you. Unless you have a 4B's internals you are dreaming.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 am

Can we please stop picking on the noob? This is like burning ants with a magnifying glass. Normally, most people just back down and admit their flaws but this poor sap obviously wants to retain some shred of dignity.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 am