Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+17
Awesomenerfer823645
jackson_mcp
Dietzie
MrOthy
ReVoLuTiOn
Eclipse
Ungmon
frostythesnowman
Akimbo Assassin
clunk07
Joey
Rocafix
jnerf
Unknown
KingCam
d4rkst0rm16
oxymoron
21 posters

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon

oxymoron
    oxymoron

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon

Post  oxymoron Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:48 am

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon D0c88589

From left to right is the 16Kg Spring, 13Kg Spring, BT V2 Spring (11.5Kg) , Stock LS Spring (2.5Kg)

From what I can tell, my 13Kg spring is exactly the same as an SS Spring (see specs below).

13Kg Spring Specs
    Price - $7.50
    For use in - Nerf Longshot*, Air Zone Triple Shot*, Lanard Hand Cannon*, PAS*
    Length - 135mm
    OD - 27mm
    Wire Dia. - 2mm
    Load (N/mm) - 1.23
    You can also use this spring in conjunction with a stock LS spring to increase the total load by a couple of KG

16Kg Spring Specs
    Price - $7.50
    For use in - Nerf Longshot* (Note: This spring may lead to your plunger head breaking off your plunger rod - some people have also found this too hard to prime and maintain a decent ROF)
    Length - 135mm
    OD - 22mm
    Wire Dia. - 2mm
    Load (N/mm) - 1.63
    You can also use this spring in conjunction with a stock LS spring to increase the total load by a couple of KG

I can post to anywhere for $6 for up to about 8 springs. Happy to arrange war pick-ups etc as well.

I can accept Paypal or bank transfers.

*You will need to take steps to reinforce your blasters when choosing to use these springs. You may get away without doing anything for a little while, but eventually things will give way.

Last edited by oxymoron on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    d4rkst0rm16
    d4rkst0rm16

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty shipping

Post  d4rkst0rm16 Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 am

how much would shipping be to victoria?
    KingCam
    KingCam

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty Re: Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon

Post  KingCam Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:06 am

d4rkst0rm16 wrote:how much would shipping be to Victoria?
    oxymoron wrote:I can post to anywhere for $6 for up to about 8 springs. Happy to arrange war pick-ups etc as well.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty Re: Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon

Post  Unknown Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:26 pm

I'll take a 13KG spring at Thanh's war on the 21st, that's if your going.
    jnerf
    jnerf

Post  jnerf Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:30 am

will you do an offer for a couple of springs
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

Post  Rocafix Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks Oxy these are great springs and cheaper than BT V2 LS springs. I recommend everyone to get these if they have a longshot. With small reinforcements I can get 35 metres out of a non-brass LS and 40-45 out of a brass/singled LS.

Cheers
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:47 am

jnerf wrote:will you do an offer for a couple of springs

Yes I will. I've been giving everyone free postage for two or more springs pretty much. PM me your details. $20 for two springs posted is the usual price.

I only have one 13Kg spring left but I will have more soon. They have been selling very well.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:41 am

Thahn just showed me the 16kg one you gave him, damn sexy. While I wont be getting one now I will def consider it when I get my brass breeches installed. Poor BT will be getting less sales.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:12 am

I would probably only recommend the 13Kg springs for Longshots actually. The screw that holds the plunger head to the plunger rod just let go in mine and I have seen it happen in two other LS's. Mine lasted for 4 wars before it let go.

You can still get silly ranges with just a 13Kg spring.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:01 am

oxymoron wrote:I would probably only recommend the 13Kg springs for Longshots actually. The screw that holds the plunger head to the plunger rod just let go in mine and I have seen it happen in two other LS's. Mine lasted for 4 wars before it let go.

You can still get silly ranges with just a 13Kg spring.

Yeh, I think the big spring will just destroy gear over repeated use. It did annhiliate my boltsled, but that was with the stupid spring combo (BTV2, 16kg oxy spring + stock spring.... haha).

But, have to agree, the ranges with the 13kg spring are quite awesome!!

Cheers,
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 am

clunk07 wrote:Yeh, I think the big spring will just destroy gear over repeated use. It did annhiliate my boltsled, but that was with the stupid spring combo (BTV2, 16kg oxy spring + stock spring.... haha).

LOL, why did you even bother trying those spring combo in the first place? It's not like you need to experiment anything because you know they are going to destroy your boltsled (even with reinforcement) in double quick time.

So how is SS's spring compared to those 13kg and 16kg springs anyway?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:Yeh, I think the big spring will just destroy gear over repeated use. It did annhiliate my boltsled, but that was with the stupid spring combo (BTV2, 16kg oxy spring + stock spring.... haha).

LOL, why did you even bother trying those spring combo in the first place? It's not like you need to experiment anything because you know they are going to destroy your boltsled (even with reinforcement) in double quick time.

Probably because no one else had done it, I've got 4 spare boltsled's, and more to the point, I just wanted to see if I was strong enough to prime it.... haha

Cheers,
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey oxy,

Will you be at the KG war this sunday?

If you are would i be able to buy 2 13kg springs off you?

If you aren't i can send you a bank deposit if you would like to post to me.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:23 am

I can't make the war sorry so PM me your address and full name and I'll send you bank details. I am currently out of stock of 13Kg springs but they were ordered last week and should be in any day now.

Cheers
    Ungmon

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty Well

Post  Ungmon Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Shipping to 2200 NSW

Also just wondering how many kg's to compress a K26
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Ungmon wrote:Shipping to 2200 NSW

oxymoron wrote:I can post to anywhere for $6 for up to about 8 springs. Happy to arrange war pick-ups etc as well.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 am

I haven't seen how many KG's a K26 is although I think it's probably somewhere between the 13 and 16Kg if you had it cut down to the same length.

There are lots of coils in a K26 so it can't be compressed as far as these springs which makes them more suitable for some applications.
    Ungmon

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty Can I

Post  Ungmon Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:38 am

If I order the 16kg or 13kd will they fit straight into the longshot with no further modification?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:21 am

Ungmon wrote:If I order the 16kg or 13kd will they fit straight into the longshot with no further modification?

Both springs will fit straight on to the LS plunger rod, after you remove the head. Fitting them will require no modification, but you will need to do the following:

Reinforce boltsled
    Reinforce buttstock
    Reinforce connection point of plunger head to plunger rod

It would also be advisable to improve the plunger seal, and pad the plunger head (if you've already removed the AR) etc etc.

Cheers,
    Ungmon

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty Whats?

Post  Ungmon Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:27 am

Whats a buttstock and how do I reinforce it

How do I reinforce connection point of plunger head to plunger rod

Im 12 will it be super hard for me to prime?
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:50 am

Ungmon wrote:Whats a buttstock and how do I reinforce it

How do I reinforce connection point of plunger head to plunger rod

Im 12 will it be super hard for me to prime?

To reinforce the buttstock (eg. rear portion of the baster comes of separately that goes on your shoulder when firing), you simply need to source some PVC pipe or conduit, cut it down with a hacksaw and hot glue it in to stop the stock from collapsing like it normally does.This is so you can prime the blaster without the stock collapsing on your hand (hurts- trust me).

As for the plunger head to plunger rod, you glue it with some good quality epoxy. This stops the head from ripping off under the increased strain and stripping the screw port- rendering the plunger rod useless.

It's not hard to prime, just expect a slower rate of fire.
    Ungmon

Springs - 13Kg and 16Kg options - Longshot, Triple Shot, Hand Cannon Empty Well

Post  Ungmon Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:00 am

Once I epoxy the plunger head to plunger rod I wont be able to add more springs right?

Also If I...
    Remove ARs
    Cover Breech Hole
    and Add the 13 or 16kg spring what ranges should I expect?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:04 am

Ungmon wrote:Once I epoxy the plunger head to plunger rod I wont be able to add more springs right?

Also If I...
    Remove ARs
    Cover Breech Hole

Firstly, you should really do some research. Check the mod directory for Longshot tutorials.

As for ranges - it's still not going to be brilliant. And, if you're using streamline's, then it's probably a waste of your time.

Brass breech will give you 100ft + ranges using the 13kg spring.

If you're 12, don't epoxy the plunger head to the plunger rod until you've found out if you can prime it constantly. TBH - the few teenager's that have tried to prime my LShot's (16kg load approx) have all failed miserably.

Cheers,
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 am

clunk07 wrote:
    Ungmon wrote:Once I epoxy the plunger head to plunger rod I wont be able to add more springs right?

Also If I...
    Remove ARs
    Cover Breech Hole

Firstly, you should really do some research. Check the mod directory for Longshot tutorials.

As for ranges - it's still not going to be brilliant. And, if you're using streamline's, then it's probably a waste of your time.

Brass breech will give you 100ft + ranges using the 13kg spring.

If you're 12, don't epoxy the plunger head to the plunger rod until you've found out if you can prime it constantly. TBH - the few teenager's that have tried to prime my LShot's (16kg load approx) have all failed miserably.

Cheers,

I can prime a Longshot with a BT V2 spring without too much of an issue, but I do have the height and build of someone a fair bit older than 12.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:44 am

Both of oxy's springs are a heavier spring load than the BTV2.

But, yeh, being a bit bigger is going to be a bonus. The neighbour's kids, who are around 12 - 13 yo, and play footy, struggle to prime one of my LShot's. They can do it, but I doubt they'd be able to do it through a whole war.

Cheers,
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 am

I find there is a bit of technique to it too. Like kicking through a wooden board you have to prime it as if you are going to pull it back further than the catch. Otherwise as you get closer to the end of the prime you will lax off and that is where most people get stuck.

Now if I could get the whole process perfect to make it that no jam's/dart shaves happen that would be great :p
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Joey wrote:I find there is a bit of technique to it too. Like kicking through a wooden board you have to prime it as if you are going to pull it back further than the catch. Otherwise as you get closer to the end of the prime you will lax off and that is where most people get stuck.

Now if I could get the whole process perfect to make it that no jam's/dart shaves happen that would be great :p

Yeh, it's kind of a push/pull motion.

I don't have any drama's with dart clipping or jams though. It's all in how long the breech opening is. Most of the time, after I do a brass breech, I'll get dart clipping. Then, I just dremel out the barrel half-pipe until the dart fits perfectly (obviously making sure there's still a good breech seal).

Cheers,
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:32 pm

For me the jams are more caused because the dart wasn't pushed up as quick as I opened and closed the breech. Either because the dart head rubbed up against the clip inside and came up at an angle or because the dart pusher lagged (happens in older clips). Perhaps a simple lube spray might be a good idea in the future.
    ReVoLuTiOn
    ReVoLuTiOn

Post  ReVoLuTiOn Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 am

Would you happen to have any 13kg springs in stock?

Thanks...
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Still waiting on delivery I must be selling too many for RS Components to keep up. Shouldnt be far away though.
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Just wondering if your stock has come in yet?
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Yes I have another 5 here but 2 are already spoken for. They are taking 8 business days to turn up lately
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am

Could I please get the other 3? I am happy to pay and pick up on the week end!
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:19 am

PM Sent MrOthy
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am

the 2 that are reserved are for me =D?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 pm