Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
TheBradl3s
bulletproofvest
FaytZero
7 posters

Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars

FaytZero
    FaytZero

Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Empty Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars

Post  FaytZero Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 pm

In prep for this weekends endurance war in Adelaide, I thought it would be a good thing to make my own hydro bladder. Total cost is nothing if you have everything or at the most $3 buck.

My camera isn't working so this write up will contain pictures I'm going to make in the text

Materials :

One soft drink bottle (I'm using a 2ltr, but use what ever you want)
    One screw cap for said bottle
    A Dremel (not needed but it makes life easier, if you don't have a Dremel, a large screw driver will do)
    About 1 Meter of 10mm clear irrigation tubing. (Bunnings sells for about $3.00 for 10M)

Step one :

Remove the plastic seal from inside the bottle cap and place aside for later. Take your Dremel (or tool) and make a hole in the middle of the bottle cap slightly smaller then the tubing. It needs to be very tight or the tube might fall out or water might spill.
    Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Step_110

Step two :

Make a small air hole some where else on top of cap.
    Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Step_310

Step three :

Squeeze the tube through the large hole
    Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Step_311

Step four :

Make a small hole in the seal you put aside earlier and slide back into place inside the Cap.
    Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Step_410

Step five :

Now measure the tube so it goes up and over your shoulder from a backpack or similar. It must go below chest height then back up to around your mouth. If you just lave it down or level water will pour out. Gravity works, trust me.
    Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Step_511
    Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Step_610

Step six :

Done, enjoy your fluid.

Hope its good enough without my camera, sorry again.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Empty Re: Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars

Post  bulletproofvest Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

There should be an "Off topic homemades" section.
    Nice write up, I'm not going to the war but this would be handy.
    Epic little pics BTW.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars Empty Re: Homemade Hydro Bladder for those long wars

Post  FaytZero Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 am

Yeah wasnt sure were it should go, its not homemade nerf as such but not really off topic.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:25 am

This will come in handy for our endurance war. Good job!

- Brad
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:11 am

That is a good idea, but i just rushed out and bought one of those backpack style ones with a 2ltr capacity for sunday. Had hoped for something slightly different but the camping store i went and drove too (cause it was there when i last drove past that way) is no longer there now. So it was to Kmart and get something that will work for now.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:57 am

I was so confused what this was. I was like Hydro Bladder? Water gun? Haha.

Actually would be a good idea because you can wash it out easy if you have cordial in it :D.
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:04 am

It would be a good idea if you have a valve of some sort, as it will stop any leaks coming from some of the water in the tube and prevent you from sucking up a tubeful of air before you get to the water.
    Not sure what I'd use as a valve though.

If anyone's been in some parts of Asia, takeaway cold drinks don't get sold in cups.
    They get poured into a plastic bag, then a straw is added and tied up by a rubber band.

I'd consider doing it like that, but the bag would be inside the bottle, as a rigid case for tumbling around and not worrying about the bladder bursting.
    It will limit leaks further and you won't have the water sloshing around inside as air is not introduced into the bladder (when used inconjuction with a valve).
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:17 am

A valve. Add one of those valves that are on blow up beachballs. Attach it to the end of the hose then when you want a drink you bite down slightly on the valve like when you blow up a beachball. When the valve is open you cna drink when you stop biting the valve is closed.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:02 am

that valve is idea is good, i didnt have anything like that around. Also the water doesnt spill put as long as it goes down far enough before it goes up.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:20 am

Spilling isn't as much of an issue as the amount of sucking you will have to do to get liquid. The valve will keep the liquid right neat the tip.

You will be able to get a pool toy or something with a valve like that for about a buck or so at a reject shop.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:48 pm