Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is RTItemplar

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

January 2022

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


+5
killerbunny
Chaos-Blades
TheBradl3s
clunk07
SuctionCup
9 posters

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup


    Posts : 195
    Join date : 2010-09-20
    Age : 23
    Location : Scenic Rim

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  SuctionCup Mon May 02, 2011 1:41 am

    Hey guys, sorry if you missed me I haven't been on in ages (I wish you guys did'nt tell me about Minecraft...)

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Nerf-u10

    Anyway - I just got a Nerf Unity Power System a while ago. I now believe I have enough noggin-info to compose a review. So here it is.

    COME WITH

    1x) Nerf TITAN AS-1
    - 1x Mega Missle
    1x) Nerf HORNET AS-6
    - 6x Micro Suctioncup (Oooh, same name as yours truly!) Darts
    1x) Nerf SCOUT IX-3
    - 3x Micro Suctioncup (Oooh - wait, see above :D) Darts

    OVERVIEW
    The Nerf Unity Power system is awe-inspiring. I have heard (Truthful) stories, and seen optimized (Modded) Titan blowing darts over 30m (100ft for you Imperial guys)! Combine the Titan, with the Hornet, AND the Scout, you have an utterly awesome (Albiet impossible to move around inside) blaster.

    TITAN AS-V.1
    The Titan is a fantastic piece of weaponry. Nerf really has hit the nail on the head by making this Titan.

    With 20 or so pumps, this thing can send the Mega Missle soaring 60ft away from you. If you have a faulty ball-bearing, (Like I do) you can aim at 45 degrees and launch the Mega Missle to go onto its maiden flight of 80FT!

    Unfortunatly, this awesome blaster is prone to air leaks, due to the excessive amout of air kept inside its small (Actually, rather large) Air resivour. You can fix this if your willing to open it up, but otherwise, it just performs a little below the "GREAT!" mark.

    POINTS OF INTEREST

    - Extremely light, you wouldn't think so, but this thing could be held by an 8YO with ease.
    - Balanced Recoil, enough to make you know you've shot the missle, but not enough to make it annoying.
    - Cool "Thoomp" sound when the Mega Missle is launched.
    - Can be attached to other guns...

    HORNET AS-6

    (SEE FOOT-NOTE)

    The Hornet is pretty cool, being able to launch either 1 dart at a time, or all 6 at the same time. Althought its range and consistency leave a lot to be desired.
    This can be clipped onto the base of the Titan, and fired via the Titans Secondary trigger. However, I sometimes have trouble un-clipping the Hornet from the base of the Titan. It may be more, the Titan, or the Hornet, but that thing just never wants to come off.

    POINTS OF INTEREST
    - Lightwight
    - Semi-Accurate (To a degree)
    - Ability to choose the amount of shots to shoot.

    SCOUT IX-1

    The Scout IX-1, its the James Bond style Nerf pistol of the year. I reckon its the coolest looking pistol Nerf has ever made, but is the Scout good in combat, or is it just a pretty wall item? Lets find out...
    The Scout is cocked via the sliding panel on the top of it. The Scout usually shoots around 10m (30-35ft) making its range allright. What this pistol lacks in range, it certainly makes up in manueverbility and aesthetics. I could wield this blaster with ease in a small Nerf War with a friend, I beat him NOT because my gun shot further, but because I could be faster with this lil' guy.

    POINTS OF INTEREST

    - Accurate (Sort-of...)
    - Looks good
    - Nice cocking mechanism, similair to the tried-and-true Maverick
    - Can be fired via a button on the Titan
    - 2-dart ammo storage (Hey, its better than none!)


    Well thank-you for reading that review. It was a pleasure to write. If you think I should incorporate other things into the review, tell me in a reply, and I will do my best.

    ~ SuctionCup


    (Should I remove the [center] tags?)

    FootNote: Hornets commonly have leakage problems. I have fortunately got a good one, without leakages, but people often get troubled Hornets. Its just the way their made.

    Some eye-candy from "Clunk07"

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Titan_14


    Last edited by SuctionCup on Mon May 02, 2011 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 am

    Nice review, just a couple of points:

    I've seriously had no issue with air leaks in the Titan, until I did a pump replacement. The way all the vinyl tubing is connected by glue and locking-nut to the barb's is a rather efficient way to prevent leaking air. Even though frowned upon amongst most war communities, conversion to firing darts is phenomenal, with my unit exceeding 400 feet angled.

    The part of your review I struggle with the most, is no mention of performance issues with the Hornet. Unless you have one of the rare ones that work... The back-pressure tanks utilised in the Hornet are renowned for not sealing properly. With my hornet, I had only 3 of the 6 tanks sealing properly.


    With this aside, I really like your layout for the review. Nice and clean, easy to read.

    A little eye-candy:

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Titan_14

    Cheers,
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 25
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  TheBradl3s Mon May 02, 2011 3:28 am

    Erm... Picture?

    *cough* http://www.oznerf.com/t2792-reviews-forum-rules *cough*

    Other than that good review!

    - Brad
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup


    Posts : 195
    Join date : 2010-09-20
    Age : 23
    Location : Scenic Rim

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  SuctionCup Mon May 02, 2011 3:51 am

    clunk07 wrote:Nice review, just a couple of points:

    I've seriously had no issue with air leaks in the Titan, until I did a pump replacement. The way all the vinyl tubing is connected by glue and locking-nut to the barb's is a rather efficient way to prevent leaking air. Even though frowned upon amongst most war communities, conversion to firing darts is phenomenal, with my unit exceeding 400 feet angled.

    The part of your review I struggle with the most, is no mention of performance issues with the Hornet. Unless you have one of the rare ones that work... The back-pressure tanks utilised in the Hornet are renowned for not sealing properly. With my hornet, I had only 3 of the 6 tanks sealing properly.


    With this aside, I really like your layout for the review. Nice and clean, easy to read.

    A little eye-candy:

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Titan_14

    Cheers,

    Yeah - main post updated with footnote saying that Hornets sometimes leak. I did get a good Hornet, I think

    TheBradl3s wrote:Erm... Picture?

    *cough* http://www.oznerf.com/t2792-reviews-forum-rules *cough*

    Other than that good review!

    - Brad

    Didn't see the review rules, but I've added one know. Are those rules new? (Came out in the last month... or 3?)
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades


    Posts : 345
    Join date : 2009-05-18
    Age : 32
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 02, 2011 3:52 am

    Yeah, a good little review. Just so you know, the hornet's more prone to breakage than the titan, usually more so when modified.
    Oops, didn't read the above post .

    Edit: Oh and I'll fix your spelling of consistency too. Supermod, awaaaayyy!
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup


    Posts : 195
    Join date : 2010-09-20
    Age : 23
    Location : Scenic Rim

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  SuctionCup Mon May 02, 2011 4:09 am

    Hey - just realised. You and TheBradI3 are Moderators! Congratz!

    You sure look like your having fun, Chaos

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! DG-Super-Moderator

    Mabye something to sig?
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades


    Posts : 345
    Join date : 2009-05-18
    Age : 32
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 02, 2011 4:53 am

    SuctionCup wrote:Hey - just realised. You and TheBradI3 are Moderators! Congratz!

    You sure look like your having fun, Chaos

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! DG-Super-Moderator

    Mabye something to sig?
    I'd love to, But this is why not;

    RogerExplosion wrote:Signatures
    Keep them text only. Why? It keeps the pages loading faster.

    It's part of the rules.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup


    Posts : 195
    Join date : 2010-09-20
    Age : 23
    Location : Scenic Rim

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  SuctionCup Mon May 02, 2011 5:19 am

    Chaos-Blades wrote:
    SuctionCup wrote:Hey - just realised. You and TheBradI3 are Moderators! Congratz!

    You sure look like your having fun, Chaos

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! DG-Super-Moderator

    Mabye something to sig?
    I'd love to, But this is why not;

    RogerExplosion wrote:Signatures
    Keep them text only. Why? It keeps the pages loading faster.

    It's part of the rules.

    Yeah - It seems I have been on the Minecraft Forums for too long, your allowed pics there
    killerbunny
    killerbunny


    Posts : 325
    Join date : 2010-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : North brisbane

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  killerbunny Mon May 02, 2011 6:17 am

    Great work it's what reviews should be like.

    Clunks titan is pretty sexy.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 6:18 am

    killerbunny wrote:Great work it's what reviews should be like.

    Clunks titan is pretty sexy.

    It's a very nice set-out review, well I thought so anyway.

    Hey, did you receive my coin from paypal yet?
    killerbunny
    killerbunny


    Posts : 325
    Join date : 2010-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : North brisbane

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  killerbunny Mon May 02, 2011 6:43 am

    Oh Yeah I got it just before I sent the PM saying I'll send it. I posted it on Thursday.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 am

    killerbunny wrote:Oh Yeah I got it just before I sent the PM saying I'll send it. I posted it on Thursday.

    Cheers mate
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup


    Posts : 195
    Join date : 2010-09-20
    Age : 23
    Location : Scenic Rim

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  SuctionCup Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 am

    Do you guys think I should do an individual review for each blaster? I can go into more detail that way. If I do, you could probably expect internals, mods, and links to mod-writups.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks


    Posts : 203
    Join date : 2010-09-05
    Age : 26
    Location : beans

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  dandaldaks Mon May 02, 2011 10:08 am

    Why do hornets suck so much, mine was stock and getting 3-10ft.
    Unknown
    Unknown


    Posts : 997
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  Unknown Mon May 02, 2011 10:09 am

    Paint it black and sell it on Ebay.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks


    Posts : 203
    Join date : 2010-09-05
    Age : 26
    Location : beans

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  dandaldaks Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

    Its broken
    RL
    RL


    Posts : 697
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 31
    Location : Sydney

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  RL Mon May 02, 2011 10:31 am

    Do you really need 20 pumps for the Titan to get +30m ranges? I suppose it's more for e-peen purposes.

    Though I've heard they're not easy to open, that you can leave a nice little plastic dent mark on it.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup


    Posts : 195
    Join date : 2010-09-20
    Age : 23
    Location : Scenic Rim

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  SuctionCup Mon May 02, 2011 10:32 am

    dandaldaks wrote:Its broken

    Even better.

    1) Remove Internals for spare parts
    2) Cut some holes in it, glue random bits of pipe on
    3) Sell on E-Bay for $80+
    4)???
    5) Profit!
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper


    Posts : 451
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 25
    Location : Melbourne

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  matt.chopper Mon May 02, 2011 10:33 am

    2120 wrote:Do you really need 20 pumps for the Titan to get +30m ranges? I suppose it's more for e-peen purposes.

    Though I've heard they're not easy to open, that you can leave a nice little plastic dent mark on it.

    You don't need to open it to modify it.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 11:18 am

    dandaldaks wrote:Why do hornets suck so much, mine was stock and getting 3-10ft.

    Because of the way the tanks are set-up, they tend to fail more often than not.


    @2120, you only need to open it to plug the pump. To re-barrel it, you can leave it closed. The only issue with opening it is the orange ring where the pump chambers in to the blaster.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 25
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  TheBradl3s Mon May 02, 2011 11:45 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    dandaldaks wrote:Why do hornets suck so much, mine was stock and getting 3-10ft.

    Because of the way the tanks are set-up, they tend to fail more often than not.


    @2120, you only need to open it to plug the pump. To re-barrel it, you can leave it closed. The only issue with opening it is the orange ring where the pump chambers in to the blaster.

    This is a common misconception. Mine, same with a few of us in SA, have only AR'ed ours and we get consistently 60ft from each tank, not plugged or anything.

    - Brad
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 2:52 pm

    TheBradl3s wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:
    dandaldaks wrote:Why do hornets suck so much, mine was stock and getting 3-10ft.

    Because of the way the tanks are set-up, they tend to fail more often than not.


    @2120, you only need to open it to plug the pump. To re-barrel it, you can leave it closed. The only issue with opening it is the orange ring where the pump chambers in to the blaster.

    This is a common misconception. Mine, same with a few of us in SA, have only AR'ed ours and we get consistently 60ft from each tank, not plugged or anything.

    - Brad

    Sorry, I'm confused. Are you saying it's a common misconception that back-pressure tanks are poorly designed for use in Nerf guns? If so, then you're claiming that a Hornet is highly reliable?? Have I missed something here?
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks


    Posts : 203
    Join date : 2010-09-05
    Age : 26
    Location : beans

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  dandaldaks Tue May 03, 2011 6:58 am

    The thing is Hasbro makes them so badly that the chances of getting a good one is around 40%
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 25
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  TheBradl3s Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    TheBradl3s wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:
    dandaldaks wrote:Why do hornets suck so much, mine was stock and getting 3-10ft.

    Because of the way the tanks are set-up, they tend to fail more often than not.


    @2120, you only need to open it to plug the pump. To re-barrel it, you can leave it closed. The only issue with opening it is the orange ring where the pump chambers in to the blaster.

    This is a common misconception. Mine, same with a few of us in SA, have only AR'ed ours and we get consistently 60ft from each tank, not plugged or anything.

    - Brad

    Sorry, I'm confused. Are you saying it's a common misconception that back-pressure tanks are poorly designed for use in Nerf guns? If so, then you're claiming that a Hornet is highly reliable?? Have I missed something here?

    Yes. An AR'ed Hornet will hit 60ft consistantly.

    - Brad
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator


    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 41
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 12:18 pm

    TheBradl3s wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:
    TheBradl3s wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:
    dandaldaks wrote:Why do hornets suck so much, mine was stock and getting 3-10ft.

    Because of the way the tanks are set-up, they tend to fail more often than not.


    @2120, you only need to open it to plug the pump. To re-barrel it, you can leave it closed. The only issue with opening it is the orange ring where the pump chambers in to the blaster.

    This is a common misconception. Mine, same with a few of us in SA, have only AR'ed ours and we get consistently 60ft from each tank, not plugged or anything.

    - Brad

    Sorry, I'm confused. Are you saying it's a common misconception that back-pressure tanks are poorly designed for use in Nerf guns? If so, then you're claiming that a Hornet is highly reliable?? Have I missed something here?

    Yes. An AR'ed Hornet will hit 60ft consistantly.

    - Brad

    No, not missing anything at all. I never mentioned anything about range. The back-pressure tanks of the Hornet are capable of hitting 100feet, in a single configuration. My statement was that they are prone to sealing issues/reliablility - a statement supported by numerous websites across the globe.

    Sponsored content


    Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW! Empty Re: Nerf Unity Power System REVIEW!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:59 pm