Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+15
SydneyNerfer
ithasbegun
Bacara
Xoenz
iamlome
Synergie
Vavoom
Viewpoint
aidanlemans
yeahryan
Akimbo Assassin
BlitzkriegNerfTeam
longstrikeguy
-mirsho
Echoes
19 posters

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Saturday 2nd of July

-mirsho
    -mirsho

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Saturday 2nd of July - Page 3 Empty Re: Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Saturday 2nd of July

Post  -mirsho Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:18 am

Echoes wrote:I am very disappointed in you, -mirsho. Better come next time or else Synergie and I are banning your Doomsayer (but not mine :P)

I know it sucks aye ! So sad really Count on it next time though.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Saturday 2nd of July - Page 3 Empty Re: Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Saturday 2nd of July

Post  Synergie Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:30 am

Sad to hear you won't be joining us mirsho, was looking forward to meeting you. Pre-empting yor gurantee of attendance in the next war I will indeed be posting up a new war thread sometime today.

While I'm thinking about it, food was an issue last time and it's something I'm going to put my foot down on because it takes time. I will get Echoes to add this to the OP when he next logs on.

-----
    Schedule:
    11:30-11:45am Briefing
    11:45am-2pm Games
    2-2:30pm Lunch Break
    2:30-4pm Games

Food: Since this finishes at 4pm, you have the option of eating beforehand, or we could walk over to the local Soccer Club's Canteen, it closes at 4pm and provides sausages and chicken from the BBQ and many chocolates, chips and drinks. In addition, I'll have a big esky packed with ice to put any drinks or food you might have.
    I will designate a 30minute break time at 2pm to 2:30pm, don't bugger off for food at other times, if we all go during this time we will minimize disruptions in between other games.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:33 am

Original Post updated.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:13 pm

After many trials and tribulations, Echoes has determined for reliability, we will be using heavy silicone tip darts for dart hire. The implications of this decision is your blasters MUST be modded to yield decent range, what will be assured regardless of mods will be accuracy, these darts will fly much straighter than your regular Streamlines.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 pm

geez - that's going to be a very close range war.

Fully modded Stampede's hit about 40ft flat
    Fully modded LongShot's hit about 90ft flat

Well, that's what I've found anyway...

Cheers,
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:33 pm

clunk07 wrote:geez - that's going to be a very close range war.

Fully modded Stampede's hit about 40ft flat
    Fully modded LongShot's hit about 90ft flat

Well, that's what I've found anyway...

Cheers,

Your stampedes need work, mine gets around 60ft flat.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Well, my Stampede's hit 65 feet flat, with stinger's.

85 feet angled from the hip - that's only with 9kg spring too, I might add.

I've experienced a massive range drop with the heavy sili's on all my modded blaster's. Accuracy is massively increased though.

Cheers.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 pm

I don't know what sort of mods you have done to your Stampede, Servulus and Clunk, but my streamline darts only fly 40-50 feets in flat angle. My Stampede has the usualy mods of 9kg spring from SgNerf and overvolted to 16.4V, what additional mods did you guys add?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Removed AR's, teflon tape and improved o-ring for better plunger seal, spring upgrade, 16.8v power upgrade.

Just the usual things, but using blue foam darts, and not streamline's.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:I don't know what sort of mods you have done to your Stampede, Servulus and Clunk, but my streamline darts only fly 40-50 feets in flat angle. My Stampede has the usualy mods of 9kg spring from SgNerf and overvolted to 16.4V, what additional mods did you guys add?

I sell a stampede spring that i had made here in Australia for me. If you want the distance without having to do more than change a spring and a power upgrade, then buy one from me.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Actually Clunk's mod is similar to mine. I guess it's probably due to me using stock streamline darts instead of blue stefans.

Thanks for the offer Servulus, I'll consider if I ever plan to get another Stampede in the future.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 am

It's actually your old Stampede that I've done the mods to Akimbo!! haha
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm

clunk07 wrote:It's actually your old Stampede that I've done the mods to Akimbo!! haha

LOL, good on you.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 pm

haha - it's the blue/purple one in my blaster-smith thread. Turned out pretty nice - sort of like recycling!! lol
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:38 am

Can I be put down as a maybe attending with +1 or 2

This war is fairly close to where I live and I'd like to check out Sydney's nerf community.

A few months ago I was really into nerf modding for a while but then got burnt out due to no wars being located conveniently which can fit into my schedule.

EDIT: Just read about the dart hire plans to be implemented in future
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:57 pm

I talked to Synergie saying that none of the boys could get up there, but I'm mistaken. I'm sending 4 demons in my wake to kill everyone for me
    So, BlitzkriegNerfTeam (4) definates
    Sorry I couldn't make it myself, but I'll see you all at the 13th of July war.
    Catchyas.
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 am

Can someone give me an indication of what kind of ammo is to be used?

I read streamlines were used in previous war, but were they stock streamlines or modded in anyway? (ie. hotglue tip)

Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 am

We will be using Medium weighted Silicon tip stefans. More details will be coming tonight. Check back!
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 am

bakabill wrote:Can someone give me an indication of what kind of ammo is to be used?

I read streamlines were used in previous war, but were they stock streamlines or modded in anyway? (ie. hotglue tip)

You can bring your own darts (I recommend marking them so you know which are yours at the end of the day during dart sorting) OR you can hire our aforementioned Blue foam medium silitips for $5.
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I remember about the blue foam, it has the same diameter as a streamline?

So as long as my barrels fire streamlines then the blue foam is good? if so I will be going with the hire!

Just curious, how many darts have you guys prepared?
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 am

You are absolutely correct. These darts are perfect for barrels that fire stock sized darts.

At this point, I've made about 1500. I aim to have over 3000 made by the time the war comes around
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 am

Synergie wrote:
    You can bring your own darts (I recommend marking them so you know which are yours at the end of the day during dart sorting) OR you can hire our aforementioned Blue foam medium silitips for $5.

Just curious as to what the medium sili-tips are?

Cheers,
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

Whoa medium tips? What are they like? And since when have they been around?
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 am

clunk07 wrote:Just curious as to what the medium sili-tips are?
    Cheers,

Bacara wrote:Whoa medium tips? What are they like? And since when have they been around?

Sorry to disappoint, but they're just cut down heavies. They're working well now and not breaking on contact.

They fly very well, far better than heavies.
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am

How many for $5???
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 am

yeh Echoes, I thought that may have been the case - and far less breakages too!! You'll have to tell me your secret...

Cheers,
    Synergie
    Synergie

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Saturday 2nd of July - Page 3 Empty Two-Way Radios

Post  Synergie Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:25 am

I know many of you would be very interested in buying two-way radios so teams can communicate covertly, tactically and cheaply. I proudly present to you today, a solution which encompasses each of these qualities.

Any two radios worth their salt come standard with rechargeable batteries and wired headsets or have ports for a headset to be bought separately and plugged in. I personally bought a pair of Oricom PMR3000R radios from ebay which came with a desktop charger and wired headsets, I have since found THESE headsets which have an acoustic tube earpiece, so I will be buying those for my radios.

Unfortunately, my radios are no longer for sale on ebay, but I have found another online store that I bought car audio gear from (will insert link to the radios here when their website stops 404ing) they sell the same radios for $108 plus shipping, however I believe they are being cleared. If you cannot get your hands on them you could instead buy the Oricom PMR1200 radios they can be found at Repco for $89, on ebay for another 3 days or HERE, you'll need headsets however and the HEADSETS I mentioned earlier are also compatible with the PMR1200s, this last solution is probably the best since both items are not on sale and hence will be available for a while, a pair of PMR1200s and a pair of very tacticool headsets will cost $114 plus shipping for the radios (headsets have free shipping).

If we can get a few people to buy into radios we could get some very tactical and very interesting gameplay at future wars.

EDIT: Just found reviews on the Oricom website, stating they sell PMR1200s at Repco. Altered the above links.
    yeahryan
    yeahryan

Post  yeahryan Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:32 am

You can put me and +2 down for tomorrow.Im still waiting to hear back from one more guy about coming, so it might be +3,
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:10 am

I most probably can attend, though later than the stated starting time.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:23 am

yeahryan wrote:You can put me and +2 down for tomorrow.Im still waiting to hear back from one more guy about coming, so it might be +3,

Akimbo Assassin wrote:I most probably can attend, though later than the stated starting time.

Great to hear guys. Echoes will edit the OP.

Last edited by Synergie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 am

yeahryan wrote:You can put me and +2 down for tomorrow.Im still waiting to hear back from one more guy about coming, so it might be +3,

Should hopefully see some decent carnage mate!! Looking forward to some pics!!

Cheers,
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 am

OP updated with attendance and details about Dart hire. Please read.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Well it's definitely been raining down here at Heritage. Tomorrow we'll just play it by ear, the Weather Bureau predicts morning showers totaling 1mm, which isn't much to cry about, therefore if it's just light rain we'll play, much like how paintball handles these situations "it adds to the realism", Echoes will make up his mind weather to run dart hire or not before the war begins, therefore, bring your streamlines.

Turning a negative into a positive, this can work in our favour, even a drop of rain and the local council shuts down the playing fields, hence there wont be the typical soccer crew taking up precious parking space!

EDIT: One consequence of Soccer being called off is their canteen's most likely being closed. My suggestion, eat some damn breakfast people, bring snacks and man-up. We may do a takeaway run, all depends on what happens when we arrive.
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:18 am

My first war recap!

Pros:
    Perfect day for a nerf war: Great attendance, no rain, good location with lots of cover and obstacles

Dart hire was phenomenal - big props to Echoes for making them and only charging $5 for first war, be more than happy to pay 10 next time

Aiden - Glutton for punishment gets a kick out of being shot at close range by guns at the power level of titan

Aiden - Shooting squad video, can't wait to see that posted

Bit surprised that I was the only person not using clip fed blasters

Clip fed Barricade was really cool - nice work Akimbo Assassin!

Cons:
    High number of darts getting damaged was a bummer

Everyone needs to participate in dart sweeping and not stand around chatting (and shooting people who are dart sweeping - looks@"titanrod" )

Leaving early, and Echoes car keys being locked in his car
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:25 am

Today was awesome, it was great meeting you all.

bakabill wrote:My first war recap!
    Aiden - Shooting squad video, can't wait to see that posted

Video Here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgYlq1Z7uI

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:12 am