Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
-mirsho
redcricket077
Arkham
Unknown
LJNERF
Sadavi5
oxymoron
boosted6
matt.chopper
Luke
Mozart
clunk07
17 posters

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY)

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Empty CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post  clunk07 Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi guys,

Following FA24's lead, here's the Aussie DoomSayer - the "Armageddon" haha

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Rapid_12

Tools:
    Basic Tool Kit
    Dremel/Rotary tool with cutting, sanding attachments
    Hot glue gun
    Hobby hacksaw
    Power drill/drill press and associated drill bits

Materials
    PETG x 12 feet
    PVC cement/plumber's goop
    E-tape
    O-rings and insertion foam
    Foam
    Epoxy putty
    Super glue
    1/8" pushnut fasteners.

Start by opening up the blaster, as normal. There are two screws obscured by the pump slide. You'll also need to cut off the orange barrel marker/sight. Apart from that, it's a fairly straight-forward procedure.

Once opened, remove the plunger tube, priming bar and spring, rotation mech rod and spring, and lastly the turret. There's a fair bit of work to be done on the turret, so I started on it first.
    cut the pushnut fastener pictured below, so the rotation mech can be accessed. I just used a pair of diagonal cutters:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0757

These are the components of the rotation mech. Beefy gear wheel,slip clutch, connecting rod, mech spring.

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0758

Grease up the black rod of the gear wheel, and slip the mech spring over the top of it. Fill the mech spring with hot glue to beef it up, then cut each end flat with a hobby knife.

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0760

This should hopefully be all you'll need to do to allow the mech gear to handle the added weight of the extra barrel's. If you experience issues, it may help to glue the clutch and the gear wheel together. Re-assemble the rotation mech, and replace the pushnut fastener. Once you've ascertained the correct positioning of the fastener on the connecting rod through rotation testing, it would be advisable to glue the fastener in place.

Now, get your Dremel with a cutting bit, and cut the majority of the front of the turret housing on the blaster, so that the longer barrels aren't obstructed. Leave a small ring around the edge, to give the turret something to press up against.

Remove the 4 screws from the top of the turret, and it should all come apart, and look like this:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0759

I only used a precision screw driver to remove the dart posts, and the AR's fall out on their own. The main transparent yellow turret can take a bit of leverage to get it to separate from the bottom.

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0761

The ID of the barrels narrows in the middle, and is wider at the ends. I used a pedestal drill with a spade bit to bore out the holes, so the PETG would fit nicely.

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0762

Wrap e-tape around one end of the petg barrel, and then slide it as far as possible through the base of the turret. You should have a slight gap where the petg is inside the profile:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0764

Wrap e-tape around the PETG, as close to the top of turret as possible:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0763

Apply pvc cement/plumber's goop/epoxy adhesive to the bottom of the PETG barrel, and pull it through the top of the turret. Stick the turret on to the black bottom plate, to locate the correct depth.

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0766

Repeat these steps another 11 times, to make all 12 barrels:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0767

Before re-assembling the turret, we'll need to modify the base plate to allow the turret to be rear-loading. Grab a drill or a dremel, and hone out the holes to the first ring. Stock hole on the left, rear-loading holes on the right:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0769

Once you've completed these tasks, apply adhesive in circles around the barrel holes on the bottom turret plate, and sit the barrel on top. Assemble the other components of the barrel, and add some weight to the black top plate, to aid in curing the adhesive. I drilled a hole in my work bench so the connecting rod would pass through, and the turret would sit flat. Then I filled a container full of fishing sinker's, and placed it on the top plate, inside the barrels.

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0768

Clean out any adhesive that may be present in the bottomm of the barrels with a hobby knife. Replace the turret in the blaster, and screw the two shell halves together. Drop a Sharpie/marker down the barrel numbers 2,3,4 and 9,10 and 11 to mark the position for the rear-loading holes. Disassemble the blaster again. I used a 3 mm pilot hole, then turned the blaster over, and drilled right through with a 16mm spade bit. One one side, I left the 3 rear-loading holes, and on the other side, I dremelled out a bigger area around the holes. I didn't have any alignment issues, I just liked the look of the slot. Clean up all the edges with a sanding attachment:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0770

Now, on to the plunger, and air seals:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0771

There are a few different ways of adding another spring/s. Most people prefer to remove the rubber plunger seal, and use hot water to dissolve the glue, and remove the entire plunger head. It seemed like alot of finicky work, so I just wound a stock Longshot spring on to the plunger rod.
    For a better plunger seal, I added some foam strips from a mangled dart, and used e-tape to secure it in place, and to increase the plunger OD. I also added a small piece of foam to the top of the plunger head, for some buffering. I also hot glued the underneath of the plunger head, as I could feel air escaping back down through there as well:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0772

Lube up the plunger head with your preferred lubricant. Next we need to fix the plunger to turret seal. I custom made an o-ring to fit on the front of the tube. There's a tiny lip which it fits in to perfectly. Then I cut a washer out of insertion foam, and super-glued it in place. You made need to trim the o-ring and foam washer down, so they don't foul the rotation of the turret:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0773

The final part, is to add some epoxy putty to the priming arm, and glue a small piece of plastic on to the end. This piece of plastic decreases the travel needed to prime the blaster:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0774

Now, it's time to re-assemble the blaster, check rotation mech, firing mech etc. Perform any tweaking that may be required, and you should have a very accurate blaster, with good range.

I haven't found the need to beef up the trigger actuation, as I'm only using a fairly mediocre spring set-up. I did remove the safety lock though, as it was becoming a little frustrating.

And here's the finished product:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0810

I never tested the blaster stock, so ranges are unknown at this stage. I had only intended for this to be a mid-range blaster, but results were better than expected.

Flat: 112 feet (from shoulder-height, less than 5 degree elevation)

Range tests were conducted using blue foam with cut-down heavy sili's. I still can't get over how extremely accurate this blaster is, and projectile speed is not too shabby either.

All in all, it wasn't an overly difficult modification. There was alot of finicky test and see work with the plunger to turret seal, and turret rotation, but nothing too complex.

Cheers,

Mozart
    Mozart

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Empty Re: CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post  Mozart Sun May 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Nice job, mate! (: As usual. Can't wait to build my own. Nice clean write up, bit funny because I just read Angel's write up last night, lol.

Cody
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Empty Re: CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post  clunk07 Sun May 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Almost finished...

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0775

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0776

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0777

Cheers,
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Mon May 30, 2011 12:38 am

Nice Write Up
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Mon May 30, 2011 12:54 am

Awesome write up clunk. Can"t wait for mine.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Mon May 30, 2011 2:18 am

Ooh nice clunk, she's looking good now, loving the paint job!

Nice ranges mate, damn thats only with a LS spring.

So much better quality than a TS thats for sure, haha.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Mon May 30, 2011 2:43 am

Looks awesome!

If I ever see you at a war with that thing, I'll be saying "ARMAGEDDON outa here!"
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Mon May 30, 2011 3:24 am

People have said it before, but the lettering on that thing is really great! And of course the rest is also very nice work.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 30, 2011 4:19 am

oxymoron wrote:Looks awesome!

If I ever see you at a war with that thing, I'll be saying "ARMAGEDDON outa here!"

Cheers Finn, Armageddon tired of all those jokes though!!! hahaha

Still need a little bit of work on my stencils, but it is improving.

Thanks guys,
    LJNERF
    LJNERF

Post  LJNERF Mon May 30, 2011 10:08 am

hey nice work i'm hopefully going to get one of these from my cousin in america but i was wondering if i could use a 12kg spring instead of the longshots as i have a fair few of those around! cheers
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 am

A 12kg spring could be any length or diameter, so you're not giving me much to go on...

I've heard of people using bigger springs, but phenomenal range wasn't my goal. I have Longshot's hitting 170 feet, so I wanted a mid-range blaster. You'll also need to focus on alot more reinforcements than I've covered, if you're going to utilise a bigger spring.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 am

You have a LS hitting 170ft?

Damn. Thats impressive clunk.

What springs are you using?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 am

A car spring
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am

boosted6 wrote:You have a LS hitting 170ft?

Damn. Thats impressive clunk.

What springs are you using?

Yeh, that's at about 8 degree angle, which I feel is a natural position of firing any firearm/blaster from the shoulder. Well, it's something that I've developed after years of use anyway.

Spring set-up is stock LS, plus the "BT improved SSSpring". Average range is still around 140 feet, but I generally get 2 darts out of a 6-round clip that reach the 160 to 170 feet mark. I've put alot of time in to plunger seal, and weight of the darts.

I was looking at using a car spring, but after nesting a BT V2, LS stock and an "Oxy fuku" spring together, my sled is now in about 4 pieces. Admittedly, the one shot I got off went well over 200 feet - and took me nearly 20 mins to find the dart!!

Cheers,
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue May 31, 2011 9:58 am

Yep, that would have been worth it though! Haha.

Damn i think i might get me one of those springs. Who sells them?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue May 31, 2011 10:01 am

I believe Silent Scope sells them, send him a PM. I've heard they're very good.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 am

boosted6 wrote:Yep, that would have been worth it though! Haha.

Damn i think i might get me one of those springs. Who sells them?

Probably Repco or your local wrecking yard for the car spring.... haha

Nah, the "SSSpring" is sold by none other than SilentScope.

BTW SS - I'm trademarking the name for the spring too!!
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue May 31, 2011 10:03 am

Ah of course, damn i could have bought one off him the other day when i met him, arrrgh. Thanks.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Tue May 31, 2011 10:11 am

Could this be altered to fire say titan missles for a RPG style weapon?.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 am

Arkham wrote:Could this be altered to fire say titan missles for a RPG style weapon?.

yeh, it could, if you wanted to completely gut it, and add the titan pump and tank. I'm pretty sure that a springer would fail at launching a missile.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 am

More epicness by Clunk. Excellent write up. If only these had the same availability as Nite Finders.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue May 31, 2011 10:49 am

Same price would also be nice
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Tue May 31, 2011 10:54 am

Haha, but the end result from this writeup is so good. Something awesome has become awesomer.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 am

I couldn't agree more
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue May 31, 2011 11:23 am

No Extraordinary
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks guys,

I can't wait until I get some time to finish off the paint job.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Finished product, minus a couple of clear coats:

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0915

Cheers,
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:13 am

Looks mean as hell Clunk. Awesome, awesome work. Props to you man !
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:27 am

Is that spacer made from part of the original turret?

If so, which part?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 am

Thanks -mirsho, put a bit too much time in to the paint on this bugger... haha

Unknown - I made the spacer out of 20mm conduit. Cut 12 pieces the same length, then the tedious job of nesting them over the petg, tacking them to each other with super-glue, then finally finished off with some araldite and paint.

It's not the sturdiest spacer going, but it's done the job so far (and I haven't really bothered looking at any other options yet.. )

Cheers,
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:28 am

Hows the Stock and Grip?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:22 am

The pump-grip is really comfy for my hands. The stock is very solid, but a little short for myself, but it's not an issue.

Cheers,

Post  238232 Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 am

Looking very good!

Just starting out on mine, and all I can say so far is that whoever assembled mine had some kind of glue fetish, I needed hot water to open up the turret and a hammer to get the dart posts out. One post had so much glue on it that I broke it while I was hammering on it. At least it was only the dart post, and that can be cleared up with the drill press.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:56 am

Yeah, my turret was completely glued but patience saved the day, haha.

I noticed mine already had plastic on the priming rod which was really cool since I was out of super glue.

By the way, you might want to check out some 30mm bath plugs.

Post  238232 Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks for the heads up, might wander over to Bunnings to have a look some time.

clunk07 wrote:
    CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) Dsc_0774

Incidentally, when I opened mine up I found that there was already a piece of cardboard glued on to the end of the priming arm. Has that happened to anyone else?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 pm