Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
-mirsho
redcricket077
Arkham
Unknown
LJNERF
Sadavi5
oxymoron
boosted6
matt.chopper
Luke
Mozart
clunk07
17 posters

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY)

Unknown
    Unknown

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) - Page 2 Empty Re: CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post  Unknown Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 am

The bath plug won't give you an air tight seal, about the same as stock so you'll need to add e-tape.

The upside of a bath plug head is that you can remove it easily for maintenance or changing springs.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY) - Page 2 Empty Re: CWC - Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod Tutorial - aka ARMAGEDDON (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post  clunk07 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:32 am

Yeh, I'm pretty sure all the turret's are glued, just depends on how much time you've got as to how much hassle it will give you.

I just used a little bit of zippo fluid, and a bit of leverage, came off pretty quickly and stress-free.

Nope, no cardboard on mine... haha. I think the plastic would be a better option for sustainability!!

Cheers,
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

it would be pretty cool if you give us a link on where to buy the gun.

Thanks
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:02 pm

He imported them from america (so you can't buy them in Australia.) I think SS has a few in stock so visit his nerf bazzar in the trading thread, but expect to pay $90+ for one.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:19 pm

You can only purchase this blaster interstate in the US. For us Australians, we need to purchase this blaster via third party shipping through a US citizen. Unfortunately, they are now costing up to $200 to get it here, where as fortunately clunk07 got this blaster for $110 each.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Yeh, check out SS Nerf bazaar. I'm sure he had 3 units for sale, for approximately $105 each.

My supplier is unable to source the blaster for under $90 USD, add 2 x shipping charges, import tax etc, and it becomes rather expensive. When I could purchase them for $35 USD, it wasn't so bad.

Although, there must be somewhere to purchase them cheaper, but I haven't found it yet.

Cheers,
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:44 pm

By the time you added in the cost of the extra modding materials (i.e. with PETG pipes) you would have probably spent close to $200 to make a Doomsayer. Let's face it, people only buy this blaster to mod it into a Doomsayer, otherwise it is useless. For me, it's just not worth it. You could have just spent half as much modding a Longshot to achieve similar firing range. Clunk made his Longshot shoots further than his Armageddon.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Alot bigger ranges mate, though I do believe it would be possible with the right reinforcements, and spring upgrade.

It's just too much hassle for me at the moment to consider. I would like to do a major reinforcement/overhaul on the PAS, but it's a lot easier than the RFSG.

I think the doomsayer is all about the intimidation factor, though I do still like my LS.

Also, with the original pricing of the RFSG's I got in, you could probably do a major mod on it for around $30 or so. Not that much difference from what I charge for a LS commission, but factoring in labour, the doomsayer would go pretty close to $200 unpainted.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:58 pm