Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+18
mull
makeitgo
Xoenz
matt.chopper
TooBz
oxymoron
bulletproofvest
Luke
melbnerf619
-mirsho
False
clunk07
NachoTaco
Bacara
Mozart
littlebro05
yeahryan
boosted6
22 posters

Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

boosted6
    boosted6

Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Of course you can ask why buddy.

I had my first war and realised its not for me.
    I'd rather film than anything else, i would enjoy that more.
    I'll happily help out with anything if anyone asks, setting up stuff, etc.
    I felt out of place pretty much, i'm too old.
    Luke
    Luke

Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Range test with the Man and V2 spring....

Post  Luke Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Ok, What ever is Best for you is the way to go!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 pm

boosted6 wrote:Of course you can ask why buddy.

I had my first war and realised its not for me.
    I'd rather film than anything else, i would enjoy that more.
    I'll happily help out with anything if anyone asks, setting up stuff, etc.
    I felt out of place pretty much, i'm too old.

Noob! Age means nothing.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Age has nothing to do with it, even when you're a young whipper-snapper like Littlebro!! haha

But I can understand how you could feel out of place around a heap of kids
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 pm

I still had a fun day, was cool, but i had to hold back a little. When i shot someone in the lip, i felt terrible. I dont enjoy seeing kids in tears.

And now, both blasters are too powerful.
    I'll have the parents filing restraining orders, haha.

But thanks Clunk, you understand, were the same age.

LittleB-Your Avatar cracks me up everytime i look at it. Haha.
    You would love airsoft little dude.

Last edited by boosted6 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Meh. Double meh.)
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:00 pm

It was TooBz's fault for not having eye protection and for being to close to you.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:03 pm

It wasnt Toobz.

Damn to hit Toobz, i'd have to lay prone!

His LS is nearly bigger than him. Hahaha.
    I dont think i shot Toobz. Some of you guys i just couldnt shoot at. You guys are damn tiny tackers!!
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Nahh, I can see that. I've felt so bad when I've shot someone in the face/eye/hand/whatever. You seem like a good bloke, Boosted, one to help out and offer advice, etc.

Yeeiiww! Top posters, lol.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 pm

boosted6 wrote:It wasnt Toobz.

Damn to hit Toobz, i'd have to lay prone!

His LS is nearly bigger than him. Hahaha.
    I dont think i shot Toobz. Some of you guys i just couldnt shoot at. You guys are damn tiny tackers!!

Ahah yes you would have to be prone! And it wasn't me who got shot, cause I never remembered getting shot by boosted 6.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I would like airsoft. However, it's banned in Australia. Paintballing is to expensive, so the next option is Nerfing. You still can get the same kicks espeically with the damage you can do muahahha.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Who shot you when you got upset then?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:10 pm

I thought so. I couldnt bring myself to shoot you Toobz.

Cheers Mozart. Damn i only joined this forum not long ago, and 250ft post.

Thats disgusting.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:11 pm

littlebro05 wrote:I would like airsoft. However, it's banned in Australia. Paintballing is to expensive, so the next option is Nerfing. You still can get the same kicks espeically with the damage you can do muahahha.

what damage.... haha
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Hey clunk, you seen the footage from those canadian nerfers?
    Damn they get some damage.

Welts galore. Ouch.

Yeah i know all the ins and outs of airsoft, i love it.
    Just a shame i have to travel to NZ to play it.

Just saying you would love it from your battle apparel.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Luke wrote:Who shot you when you got upset then?

??? I was never upset. I was just lying on the floor for a second. It was Alpha_Chick who shot my in the face.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:21 pm

You had water or tears running down your face.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:23 pm

WTF!? ASK ANYONE that was there. Like boosted6.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:26 pm

I did"nt ge to nerf with you much when you came but damn I must say that octo is beastly. Lol leave tooby alone hes not the only short ass
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:27 pm

I was there I saw you on the ground on the wood chippings.
    Anyway no big deal
    Now back on topic Boosted 6 what are you going to do with your guns?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Luke wrote:You had water or tears running down your face.

Err that wasn't really necessary.

@Boosted 6

'GG' on the TS and it's spring. But please tell me, reinforcing the gun is just a matter of applying epoxy putty to the shell?

Seeing that i am in the possession of a singled TS, i am considering to buy and add this spring (i know where to source it), yet i am concerned about its recoil and the longevity of the gun.

So my main question is.. IS the extra stress on the gun and priming difficulty worth the range increase?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:59 pm

TooBz wrote:WTF!? ASK ANYONE that was there. Like boosted6.

Like boosted6? What you mean Toobz?

matt.chopper wrote:I did"nt ge to nerf with you much when you came but damn I must say that octo is beastly. Lol leave tooby alone hes not the only short ass
    Haha, yeah i know, haha. Theres a pic of toobz in the war thread standing with his LS. Not much taller than it, hey Toobz? Cheers Matty.

Luke wrote:I was there I saw you on the ground on the wood chippings.
    Anyway no big deal
    Now back on topic Boosted 6 what are you going to do with your guns?
    Will just hang on to them, i'll never sell them. There worth so much more now.
    Xoenz wrote:
    Luke wrote:You had water or tears running down your face.

Err that wasn't really necessary.

@Boosted 6

'GG' on the TS and it's spring. But please tell me, reinforcing the gun is just a matter of applying epoxy putty to the shell?

Seeing that i am in the possession of a singled TS, i am considering to buy and add this spring (i know where to source it), yet i am concerned about its recoil and the longevity of the gun.

So my main question is.. IS the extra stress on the gun and priming difficulty worth the range increase?
    Epoxy putty, for a single barrel one tube will do it.
    But also hot glue and padding/foam, whatever to help with sound, and helps strengthen the shell. Just make sure you follow MakeItGo's writeup. He shows all the reinforcing.

Longevity is a question i've already discussed with MIG, his is still going strong. Apply alot of putty along the wall where the plunger rods travels against, or rather on top of.
    Catch bolt reinforcement is a must, you cant skip anything.
    Anyway write-up shows everything.

Recoil is fine. Priming is not an issue.
    But like i said at the beginning of this thread, i was very surprised when the Octo with just a V2 and LS spring hit 190ft, so whats the Man spring capable of once i shoot from a brass barrel with an optimum dart?

So in saying, in seeing those ranges, i would go the V2 and LS spring, especially if you do wars. But if you have the strength, the will to sell your soul, and the desire for pure devastation... then sure get the Man spring. Haha.

We will see what ranges we get this weekend.
    It should be interesting.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Xoens, mate, I just finished reinforcing mine tonight, although I think I'll open him up and do a bit more. I've got a stock and V2 in it. The power is AWESOME!! Lol, it got slightly more range than my 4B, though that's not measured, because I don't know what each angle and what mot was.

It's hard to prime for me, although we've discovered that's because I've got a bad elbow. I can still prime it and I would use it as a primary, just takes me a second to reload.

Power is worth it and, if you reinforce it properly, the blaster should last a very long time.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Just found this thread!!! Good job Boosted6!!! I am most impressed by those ranges... and slightly feeling left challenged. I must break 200' now too. MuhWahahahhaaa!!!

I understand the feeling about the age thing. I was kinda conscious about it before attending M6 but when I got there, seeing that the majority were over 25 made feel at ease. Plus it made me feel like I didn't have to hold back. You should come to Canada to play! I know you've seen the photos and video. You wouldn't feel old and your blasters wouldn't have to gather dust.

You're practically Canadian, Nerf wise anyway. You've re-created my Octo, you replicated Pearsons' speed loader turret and you've just ordered a bunch of Angel's foam. All products of Canada, eh!!! HAHA!!

Peace.

@Clunk You guys need to do a range off.

@Everyone There seems to be a lot of spring talk. I've posted the springs a generally use in the general topics thread. http://www.oznerf.com/t3250-springs#56158
    but I want to try out this V2 spring you guys are talking about.

Last edited by makeitgo on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 pm

makeitgo wrote:
    @Clunk You guys need to do a range off.

We'll have to look in to it one day MIG, although it's probably the same distance to fly to Canada!! haha

Maybe we should all just meet there and compare the Aussie "octo" and "doomsayer" to the American Canadian versions!! lmao
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:19 pm

clunk07 wrote:

Maybe we should all just meet there and compare the Aussie "octo" and "doomsayer" to the American Canadian versions!! lmao

TOTALLY!!!

I'll tell the guys to get ready for an Aussie invasion!!! I'm sure Angel would LOVE it!!!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeh dude, it would be awesome. Maybe one day, I might have to hock a heap of LShot's and Stampede's on Ebay to finance it!!

Kind of thought you would've bitten at the yank reference!! haha
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:30 pm

makeitgo wrote:You're practically Canadian, Nerf wise anyway. You've re-created my Octo, you replicated Pearsons' speed loader turret and you've just ordered a bunch of Angel's foam. All products of Canada, eh!!! HAHA!!
    I also find the Canadian English accent to be a lot closer to the Australian English accent, than the many other English accents around.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:26 pm

clunk07 wrote:Yeh dude, it would be awesome. Maybe one day, I might have to hock a heap of LShot's and Stampede's on Ebay to finance it!!

Kind of thought you would've bitten at the yank reference!! haha

There are no American versions. That's why they invented the +bow. I just found out that in Florida wars, the Doomsayer is banned! WTF?!? They can't stand somebody else having better innovations.... but the +bow is allowed. Hmmmmm???

** I just did a range test of my Octo. I never did an angled one because that's not the norm here, always just flat. But since you guys also include angled tests, I decided to do one.

At a 30 degree(ish) angle from the hip I reached 198' at best. Most were in the 190' - 192' range. I used my new darts I call, "Wasps".

Range test with the Man and V2 spring.... - Page 3 Img3495u

They're Buzz Bee's foam with my rubber heads. Perfect fit for my polycarb barrels.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 am

Reinforcing is worth it. I don't own an Octo, and my spring combo on my TS is only a V2 and stock, but so far with a tube of epoxy putty and copious amounts of hot glue, mine is live and kicking quite well!

I've got a "safety mode" on where I'm using a 20mm barrel (it's singled) and whistler darts. Haha! And yeh.. goes about 25m-30m on a good day, with very little sideways movement.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:07 am

Where abouts did you put the hot glue? Wouldn't have thought that would do much, I'm a bit curious..

Yepp, I have the same spring combo and a bit more than one tube of epoxy. Feels nice and strong.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:04 am

Haha. I would love to go to Canada. I need a job first though :(. All you need to give me is a handcannon / TS, materials for an RSCB and I'm ready to roll haha. I pay for it obviously :P.

Canadian people seem so much nicer than Americans. No offence, just the vibe I got when I was on NH and NerfHQ.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 am

YEAH MIG!!!!! YOU HIT 190 ALSO!!!!

Well that makes me feel better!! When i posted my results, i thought no one is going to believe this. Now we have confirmation. Miggy, not only have you created one of the most original blasters ever, but also one of the most powerful. So yes, you should be feeling uber proud!!
    Would you like me to send you a V2 spring? But then you've cracked 190!!!! Meh...you'll be right.......(boosted6 just clasped his hands together and chuckled, a hideous evil grin appeared)...."I will have the most powerful Octo-Shot, Muhwawawa arrgh." But yeah of course i'll send you one....(Again his alter ego consumes him, "I will never send it! Muhwawawawa!")

Now, you know me MIG, i'm good for it!
    (Again-No!! Stay in character boosted, your on the forums..hahaha oh my.

Yes i'm very canadian. I nearly went to Whistler to live when i was 18. I was a crazy snowboarder back then, i rode switch nearly as good as my goofy. But yeah, its funny you said what you said. After that weekend war, i played the footage from M5 again, and thought now thats how you do it. Cant believe most are over 25, thats cool.

I might come over late next year. I'm hitting Japan and NZ this year, so this year is outti....
    I asked Angel about the M6 video. He said it will be ready whens it ready.

I like those wasp darts, very nice. Yellow is a great color for darts. Easily found. Specially when your blaster shoots 190ft+!!!! Muhwawawawa.

matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:48 am

Oh damn I want to go NZ. The airsoft scene down there is awesome. Keep me updated lol.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 am

Yeh, a trip to Canada next year would be awesome. I might have to start buying some Canadian dollar's now, in case the exchange rate plummets!! haha
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Haha, good thinking clunk.

Yeah i have a massive game in November.
    3 days of airsoft, out in the field. Huge mock up.

I will be filming as much as i can. When i get the GoPro Hero cam, and then land in NZ, i will have to shoot afew bb's at it to see if it will cope. If not, i'll have to protect it somehow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:53 pm