Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+14
melbnerf619
RL
Mozart
oxymoron
NachoTaco
clunk07
Johnnus
littlebro05
redcricket077
Winterstrike
-mirsho
mavrick man
Akimbo Assassin
FaytZero
18 posters

Max Force - Shadow Hawk

FaytZero
    FaytZero

Max Force - Shadow Hawk Empty Max Force - Shadow Hawk

Post  FaytZero Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 am

Ok first off the most important thing you should know about this gun is DONT BUY IT. Now to go into more detail as to way not to buy it.

Walking around Elizabeth last night, I found myself in Target and to my surprise I found this. *JUMPS UP AND DOWN* All excited I ignored the fact that it's $80.00, on comparison it's not that bad same price as a Long strike when it first came out.

Anyway after the drive home, popped out my hobby knife to open the box. First glace it's packaged really well almost no movement in the box and all the parts are sturdy. After taking it apart and starting to assemble, that's when it starts to hit you that maybe they didn’t think this through as mush as they should have.

-THE STOCK-
    This box states "Sturdy Removable Stock", now we all know that sturdy and removable simply do not come with a Nerf stock unless it's home made. The construction itself is solid; it's how it joins in that’s crap. The stock attaches like a Long shot front gun except for the bottom brace just has one of those balls on a spring to click into place. So the slightest bit of pressure and it pops out on an angle.

-THE BI POD-
    Ok this is just S*#T. Its 1mm think plastic that looks like it has been placed on backwards. And as far as I can tell has no way of "clicking" I so it stays deployed. Suggested use "Rip off and throw at your enemy's in hope the fall over laughing at you"

-THE CLIP-
    I don’t mind the clip it's basic and effective. Simple design where 8 small plastic barrels are moulded together with a guide rail at each end. The clip feeds sideways into the main blaster. To prime the next shot you must crank a bolt action 'bolt' back and forth (no whipping your hair) which is smooth and cool.

-THE SCOPE-
    Throw it out. It’s a plastic tube with a crappy not even straight cross hair that doesn’t line up with anything.

-AMMO PREP-
    In a line *Too much effort*. basically you need to pull out eight pellets, sock them for 10 seconds then fiddle with their soft squishy a$$ crap to get them into the dam clip with out them falling apart on you. Then fire them before they dry otherwise they jam. Second option *EASY ONE* dry load into clip and ram the whole clip under water. This works way better also stops the ammo from deforming and gives the shot some shred or accuracy.

-THE GUN-
    The main blaster is sturdy and well built. The only real issue's is well all its feature and advertised specs. There is no trigger, you have to pull back and let go to get it to fire. So if it's not a smooth release your shots going to suck. Second is the range, box boast's 100ft in actual fact you would be very lucky to hit 75. And to make that worse shooting at my front door from about 40ft away it is almost impossible to hit the middle consistently. Its accuracy is absolutely crap house.

Over all a very disappointing gun, you better off trying to sprint and shank the person you’re shooting at it would be quick and you'd have a better chance to hit them.

Plus side ammo is cheep just squish up some paper and ram it in the clip.

Faytzero out!

And here's a link for it.
    http://nerfipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowhawk_100
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Max Force - Shadow Hawk Empty Re: Max Force - Shadow Hawk

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks for the review, your experience and listed points have convinced me not to bother with this type of blasters.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Thanks for the review, your experience and listed points have convinced me not to bother with this type of blasters.

No probelms, I was reading the other review that was posted sunday. It seems he was very happy with the blaster. Everyone's got different opions but I truly do believe that is proberly the only nerf type blaster I have regretted buying.

That aside the shell would make an awesome 4B/Other Airtank case for a sharpshooter blaster.
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:42 am

Funny yet factual write up.

I liked it.
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 am

Wow, thanks for the write-up. Was definitely expecting a lot from this blaster in terms of modding but, gottverdamnt. Such a big let down. Thanks for the heads up, and condolences to a good $80. You thinking of returning it ?
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:22 am

-mirsho wrote:Wow, thanks for the write-up. Was definitely expecting a lot from this blaster in terms of modding but, gottverdamnt. Such a big let down. Thanks for the heads up, and condolences to a good $80. You thinking of returning it ?

Got a nice little 45 minute window this saturday that looks prime. Such a shame cause it feels real good to hold too. Kind of like a long strike.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 am

It's always nice to read reviews by people who aren't noobs or milsim douches who tell real players whether or not to buy stuff. Thanks a lot for this. There's way too many reviews written with the mindset of "SQUEEEE!!!! New gun! New gun!".
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 am

Quite a surprising result. At least we know not to buy it now
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:09 am

It's funny that Oxy says that it actually shoots fairly well. Mixed reviews. The only real complaint I have is not having any 'trigger'.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:11 am

Perhaps it's like those Nerf blasters - the one in a hundred which suck, or are awesome.
    e.g. Stock AT shooting 50ft flat
    Stock AT shooting 15ft flat

Still, I think not having a trigger could be one of the reasons why these sorts of blasters can get mixed reviews.
    I personally don't like the Max Force - I like darts more.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 am

FaytZero wrote:
    Akimbo Assassin wrote:Thanks for the review, your experience and listed points have convinced me not to bother with this type of blasters.

No probelms, I was reading the other review that was posted sunday. It seems he was very happy with the blaster. Everyone's got different opions but I truly do believe that is proberly the only nerf type blaster I have regretted buying.

That aside the shell would make an awesome 4B/Other Airtank case for a sharpshooter blaster.

So, you don't own a recon then.... haha

Each to their own, not my thing, but I've seen way too many different reviews on identical equipment to rely on the opinions of someone else.

Nice review though, well structured.

Cheers,
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:40 am

clunk07 wrote:
    ...So, you don't own a recon then.... haha

Each to their own, not my thing, but I've seen way too many different reviews on identical equipment to rely on the opinions of someone else.

Nice review though, well structured.

Cheers,

LOL! The Recon's not completely bad...ok, it is sort of. I suppose I don't mod enough to fully appreciate the Longshot.

If you added a trigger and singled this, what sort of ranges are to be expected?
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 am

I'm sure some freak would convert this blaster. The price is the problem, paying so much for a shell isn't worth it. We'll all have to wait for prices to decrease...
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks for the review. I was thinking about getting one of these but I most probably won't now.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:48 am

I actually have two of these now lol. The first one I got does seem to shoot a fair bit harder than the second so maybe I was just lucky first time round?

I still think it's a really fun blaster and I'm happy I have them to muck around with. I would have only wasted the $80 on coke anyway

I guess I don't really see them being useful in a nerf war situation except as under some sort of special rule set. My review never really went into that side, I was more interested in showing everyone the internals.

One of these days I'll convert one to shoot darts and I'll finally have a sexy looking sniper with power.

I'll be adding a trigger to the other one for sure though. Won't be that hard and will make it all the more fun.

NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm

You would get much more consistent ranges with a trigger system, because it wouldn't rely on the perfect release of whatever this blaster uses to. lol (lack of a name hope ya know what I mean)
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:52 pm

littlebro05 wrote:It's funny that Oxy says that it actually shoots fairly well. Mixed reviews. The only real complaint I have is not having any 'trigger'.

Agreed, that sucks ballz.

Nice review, mate, actually pretty impressed with it all. The blaster looks shit, I can't believe anyone made a blaster with no trigger. Idiots.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:53 pm

clunk07 wrote:

So, you don't own a recon then.... haha

Each to their own, not my thing, but I've seen way too many different reviews on identical equipment to
    Cheers,

I got a Recon for Christmas... soon enough its spring found its way to my Longshot, and the barrel in the front of my Nitefinder. Somehow nerf gifts have been the 'crappy ones', either due to lack of range and efficiency modding ideas (in my case, the Recon and the Vulcan)

And oxy, I hope you like soda...

but I'm gonna stay tuned for this blaster, wait for some nice mods (I think I've already seen one, but not looked at it in detail) and the price to go down. Damn, $80 is a lot. 8 nitefinders, 4 mavericks (and change), etc. etc.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Actually, for $80 you can get 5 Mav's, and if you're lucky at sale time, 6 including change.
    I agree, $80 for a pull and release blaster SHOULD be a lot better. I think it should: yield epic range, awesome accuracy, super awesome capacity, be easy to use and have loads of extra ammo. Hence I'll stick to Nerf.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:26 pm

oxymoron wrote:I actually have two of these now lol. The first one I got does seem to shoot a fair bit harder than the second so maybe I was just lucky first time round?

I still think it's a really fun blaster and I'm happy I have them to muck around with. I would have only wasted the $80 on coke anyway

That's the problem having organic paint mate - no good for chroming.... So you've stepped up to the heavy stuff, eh?!
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 am

As with the nerf line, blasters are not all completly the same because some are dodgey and some are way better than usual. You probably got a good one and he probably got a dodgy one.
    -James
    sanctus
    sanctus

Post  sanctus Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:19 pm

LOL my post dissapeared
    wherrrrrdit go?
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Hell yes it did, I deleted it, You come on here, with no regard for the rules(no profile updates or avatar) and you start saying the OP has no idea what he's saying? We don't know you at all and the first thing you say is something close to a flame.
    sanctus
    sanctus

Post  sanctus Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

Soz, I'll think next time I post.
    cccmaster
    cccmaster

Post  cccmaster Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:10 pm

I would have to agree with pretty much of what has been said and agree that standard they are not much fun due to the way you have to fire them. I would not buy one unless i planed to mod it. I think it is a good base to work with and has potential.

I was inside one of these for a few days installing an internal trigger and can tell you a few things about what the problem is and why some are firing good and some bad.

The bolt dose 2 things, 1) loads and chambers the next round in line and 2)locks it into place by sliding a tube sleeve forwards and butts up to the cartridge to form a seal. The play between the tube and sleeve is pretty bad and if its not properly lubricated air will escape and you will lose power.

Also the plunger its self is quite flimsy and seems to rely mainly on the speed of the spring to give it the power as air will pass by it pretty easily if there is to much pressure in the tube. This needs to be lubricated properly also.

The biggest factor i think is the state of the ammo. I pre load my mags and then soak them for 10 seconds. You have to wait another 10-20 seconds until they swell up and seal the tube properly to get a nice pop. I have a little spray bottle i can use to wet ammo on the field.

The barrel is strangely made up of 3 pieces. With all these joins and seals it's no wonder people are having problems. Where the barrel joins to the gun there is a small gap in the barrel, only 1mm but enough to block up with paper and create blow byes.

i could go on but those are the main problems with accuracy, power and miss fires. Every pellet will fly a little different as well.

I find adding weight to the pellets helps allot with power and accuracy. These guns i think are actually overpowered for the standard ammo type. I drill the tops off and glue a 3mm steal bb on top and they are the ideal ammo for this gun. Any more weight would effect the fall off to much.

The bi pod i find is essential and works alright. As for the scope... well i haven't had any problems with it. I prefer to use the iron sights but the cross hair on the scope dose seem to line up in the same place. The sights are way crooked but on mine. It is very hard to hit a bottle any further that about 25-30 ft with the standard ammo.

I have some and trigger and camo vids on you tube that show inside, outside and in it action. It's a pretty tricky mod but so i don't know how many will be game lol.

I could go on and on about about projectiles and some of the physics behind it. I have done quite a bit of testing with some other stuff and highly recommend trying out some different weights and follow my load process and see how they go ohh yeah your mission glasses will now actually come in handy lol

Ohh sorry i was kind of going in the wrong direction i guess with my ammo types in nerf territory, just wanted to say that it would be very possible to custom make a heap of nerf darts to go in this gun which will be my next project.

Please use the edit button, keeps the forum topic less cluttered. Thanks =)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:43 am

Yeh, I'm not sure if we want to be encouraging people to shoot steel ball bearings...

Cheers,
    retrias
    retrias

Post  retrias Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 pm

This thing doesn't have a trigger, if it does I suppose it will be a good airsoft replacement, well it will be less painfull too( lets not joke around, no matter how manly you are, 1/4 grams at 550 FPS, will make a welt or punctures), Unfortunately the mess , no trigger , and how the ammo is not exactly available in BBs thousand. I would say that nerf is still the replacement for me
    GhostSniper
    GhostSniper

Post  GhostSniper Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:45 am

redcricket077 wrote:I'm sure some freak would convert this blaster. The price is the problem, paying so much for a shell isn't worth it. We'll all have to wait for prices to decrease...

I am doing a trigger mod this week on one i got over xmas, so call me that Freak, its a bit tricky but ill get there eventually, once compete should be accurate as anything, but technically now an Illegal weapon considering the high Fps. I split my brother open at 5m away !
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:43 pm

@GhostSniper - please refrain from necroing threads, unless you have some relevant and useful information to share.

Also, the trigger mod to the ShadowHawk has been done by a few guys already etc etc

Welcome to the forums.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm