Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+110
Sharkovsky
tacticalnerfer
JeremyArifin
lama9800
Sillyf1car
Tarquin
joshredder
Echoes
Haaron05
Yoman987
DaftYoshi
Mobslut
Kaine
Darkden84
ZeusPwns
Rooksy
Napolean
AbyssHD
FrostCheif
Apex Weapons
Generous
lech
Acerised
GLMC
dchil15
ShadowSniper
WH1PLA5H
boothy
FatherTime
Sicnut
-mirsho
asianassassin325
grimrecka
dafalcon
Nooft1187
|Shadow|
Bacara
natious
IamWaylander
iamthatcat
TheTrueMcMuffin
TylerMaxwell
NORTHENGHOST
Sheepie_125
Philb2323
stoph
N.W.A.T
inPhamous
againstallodds
makeitgo
cfb_rolley
thestick
Bommah
revo
melbourneSTORM4eva
Sir_Spacemonkey
mister_elliott
Sairex
sniperdude49
frostythesnowman
slender
Jeo
JacobYeah
Johnnus
Ungodlyfreak
Samurai
littlebro05
holdentem
Swatsonia
KingCam
oxymoron
GirlyGamer
Joey
melbnerf619
camo1010
LostBoy
abowden
PhantomSambo
UtahR
Sadavi5
evozn
interflop
WV17
spudkopf
False
Dietzie
plulse
Psychosis
Mozart
Akimbo Assassin
Photo Ninja
matt.chopper
redcricket077
phuonguyen
RL
Genacon
gooni
TooBz
ElementGuy
obrieal
Unknown
Silent Scope
SnowDragon
boosted6
Zinv
Frankie27
Luke
clunk07
TheBradl3s
Winterstrike
114 posters

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

redcricket077
    redcricket077

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:41 am

Psychosis wrote:My new paints for cosmetic love on my longshot. Ironlak cans $9 at my local craft shop (Sydney), SWEEEEET!

Hey I really hope you have a good plastic primer because I found these paints don't stick very well to plastic. Good luck anyway!
    plulse
    plulse

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  plulse Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 pm

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc00013
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Meet BUB

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 P4170176

80-90 feet with heavies. Only running tripleshot and stock springs. SSSpring soon hopefully. Barrel is full length brass to PETG and protrudes about 15mm from the Recon front barrel.

Last edited by Dietzie on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling fail as usual)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Whilst I haven't used the Ironlak primer, the topcoats are quite impressive, including an exceptional colour range. They do require about a week to ten days to fully cure though. $9 a can is pretty pricey though, but due to the availability, you've gotta take what you can get!!

@Dietzie - looks good mate, nice scope!! haha

Cheers,
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:46 pm

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Photo_20

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Photo_21

I just need to lube up the turret and add rear loading holes .

Aprox. completion time: 4-5hr
    False
    False

Post  False Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:31 am

Hey all. After two weeks of slow internet, I can now upload pictures.

Made this tri-turret shotgun attatchment last night, very messy :

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0710

The same night I also made this:

A secret strike with a hornet tank. Credit goes here
    Yet to have a paintjob as it's been a little rainy.
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0711

I gave my modded Crossfire (just the basics: Tek 6 spring replacement, ARs removed)a paintjob:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0712
    Yet to add clear coat.
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0713

Also painted my couplered Titan. I had to take all these pictures with my iPod so they are pretty bad quality and the Titan paintjob doesnt look so good in the pictures;

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0610
    And as I said, because of the bad quality, you can't really see it, but upon closer inspection:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0611
    Black flecks!
    spudkopf
    spudkopf

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Empty Re: The flaunting thread - Pictures only please

Post  spudkopf Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:24 pm

G'day All

New member and first post, below is a picture of my CS-18 or what I call my tactical shotgun.

Stage 1.

Thus far a basic clean-up of the gun which included the removal of the large NERF logo's and the gun model markings, I have reversed the fore-grip, seeing that from day one I thought that this looked wrong and also made the weapon harder to hold, re-cock and fire, on a real world weapon the idea would be to prevent your digits getting shot off which the original orientation of the nub would make more likely to happen, so this 20 minute mod in my opinion vastly improves both the look and feel of the weapon. So now for me the weapon looks more realistic and is easier to use.

I have gone for a basic satin black paint job as the majority of today’s modern western weapons have a high proportion of plastic in their construction, as a result I will only be weathering a few chosen parts, as you can see the stock and fore-grip are in NATO green which I think (again my opinion) works quite well, the drum magazine will be this colour also but a six clip is being used as a stand-in until I can get round to that.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 N_AT_CS18_mod2_25

As for Stage 2. Well I hope to add a tactical site to the weaver(ish) rail and I am contemplating a built-in tactical light below the muzzle and maybe a laser pointer. I also want to add a sling hook or hooks to the forward half of the weapon.

Cheers Spud.

Last edited by spudkopf on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm

To Spud,

You may not be aware of this but Victoria has made an amendment to the Firearms Act 1996. It's important to bring up that your Alpha Trooper is now the current prime example of an item which is now classified as an "imitation firearm"; in which any toy/prop gun that can be mistaken for a real working firearm (regardless of function) in public is now prohibited without approval from authorities. While I may understand the ammount of effort that you've put in your blaster, let it be known that I will not be condoning any blasters that fall under the prohibited category, and that if you do intend to bring it in public to wrap bright coloured tape around it as a fair compromise to prevent negative perception by the public whilst allowing your creative expression to continue in your own personal time and space.

Thank you.
    spudkopf
    spudkopf

Post  spudkopf Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:33 am

G'day Silent Scope

Thank you for the info, Yes I read that laws thread only after posting and was a tad concerned with the implications in respect to my CS-18, even though I do not intend to display the item in public it is still a major concern to me.

So I will be painting a thick blue stripe on both the but stock and fore-grip and the muzzle has now been returned to it's original Hi-Viz state, I am also retaining several six-clips in the original Hi-Viz as well, just in case the iterm does ever get out into the wild.

Spud.
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 am

Does look sweet in black in that light though such a shame
    False
    False

Post  False Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 am

So yeah...

My broken Shot-Blast's shell (a bit bashed up)

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0714

LS Scope:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0715

Crossfire shell I painted a while back:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dscf5410

Money shot;

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dscf5411

And my Hornet-strike got a paintjob-nice and simple:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dscf5415

Close up:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dscf5417

PM feedback,yo.

Last edited by False on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    interflop
    interflop

Post  interflop Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 pm

My last Longshot paint job. Still need to get another shotgun grip for the internal shotgun mechanism because the stock front gun grip is terrible.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 QfEBpl

My Stampede inspired by Johnson Arms' paint job.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 NHsvhl

Video showing off the ROF.

Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:05 am

OK I finally painted my first black blaster that is ubiquitous and essential in everyone's Nerf collection. Added red detailing to make it less boring, I call it "Black Ninja".

Mod done? Minimal, only AR removal. May add some tape to compress the stock spring later. No replacement spring for Black Ninja? No! No spring for you Recon, because you sux.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Black_10

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Black_11

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Black_12

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Black_13
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Blah, blah, it looks realistic, I DON'T CARE, people want it, I make it

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0510

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0511

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0512

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0513

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0514

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0515

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0516

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0517

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0518

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0310
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Empty Re: The flaunting thread - Pictures only please

Post  Sadavi5 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:23 am

A few new mods since last I posted here... nothing major, just some very basic AR mods on these, plus the paintjobs and aesthetic changes.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 IMG_3628
    A quickie Double Shot mod that my sister wanted for her first Nerf War last week- her specifications, of course. So proud. ^_^
    Just took out the shell AR's and switched the darts out to Nerf weighted's. Gave her my personal cardboard-peircing crack-bang explosive rounds, too, though they didn't seem to work as well as in my other Double Shot mod for some reason.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 CCC2
    A Nerf Switch-Shot. Took out the AR, switched darts, blah blah blah. It was a good gun to begin with, getting around 30, so I just ended up pushing it another maybe three to five feet. It was mostly an experiment in drybrushing and using a lot of different metal paints at once, as a precursor to my first actual comission which I'm just now finishing.

Juuuuust one more:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 0726111619a-1

Now THAT I'm happy with.
    UtahR
    UtahR

Post  UtahR Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 am

Hand-crafted 14.4Volt battery module.
    Holds 12 1.2 Volt 2400 Milli-amp nickel metal hydride batteries
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 IMG_02781

Come on at me bro.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Reflex Masterkey
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1010
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1011
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1012
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Just finished my turreted 4B! Woooooo! Pretty chuffed on that. Sorry, I'm on my phone, so I can't upload pictures, but I'm bragging about it, lol. Pulled it apart again to change a few things and make some little tweaks, as it was leaking pretty bad from a few places, so now have some three-day epoxy curing, but it shall be exquisite!

Cody
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Mozart wrote:Just finished my turreted 4B! Woooooo! Pretty chuffed on that. Sorry, I'm on my phone, so I can't upload pictures, but I'm bragging about it, lol. Pulled it apart again to change a few things and make some little tweaks, as it was leaking pretty bad from a few places, so now have some three-day epoxy curing, but it shall be exquisite!

Cody
    Well don't bloody post until you have the pictures, geez...

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Lego_b10
    I hope your owners are treating you nicely, LAHBs. I remember when you were all in my room.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:59 pm

I don't plan on uploading pictures at all? pSyk and.. Gooni, I think, both made turreted 4Bs. Why the hell would I bother uploading a picture of something nearly everyone can guess what it looks like? Gees mate, real clever.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I find it hard to comprehend how one can type but cannot read. I was being lenient when I didn't take any action against you despite the fact that we were in a picture thread, but since you feel like being on a snide against administration with no intentions of posting a picture leaves me the perfect opportunity to do this.

Take a week off, buddy.

Ah...

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Banhammer
    PhantomSambo
    PhantomSambo

Post  PhantomSambo Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Silent Scope wrote:
    Take a week off, buddy.

LOL OWNED.

[img]The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Snapsh10

dat double clip.

Not much of a flaunt, but if I'm gonna spend two days in a shed that's barely ventilated, I'm sure as hell going to post it online without a writeup
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:46 pm

*light discussion*
    good to see people are still making mega clips (someone even made one for stampede, as seen earlier in this thread)
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:23 am

My first snakeskin attempt on my clip-fed Barricade. I call it "The Viper".

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Viper010
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Viper011
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:24 am

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 100_6010

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 100_6011

Collection..
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:45 am

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0410

My freshly painted Raider with extended barrel, AR removed, Oznerfnerd's spring upgrade.

Not bad for a newbie I think
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Ok guys, I've got a LS and decided to do my first PaintJob.

I've used Dy-Mark revolution enamal paint for metal, plastic, wood and Masonry. I got it from Bunnings for $10.95
    http://www.dymark.com.au/coatings/Product-details.aspx?product=1056

I've done a couple coats and waiting to go to games workshop to get a black detailer. Tell me how I done? Improvements? Feedback?

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 P9120010

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 P9120011

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 P9120012

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 P9120013

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 P9120014

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 P9120015
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Righto, received care packages from the USA and Singapore yesterday.
    Many thanks to SgNerf and andtheherois for their part in my trading extravaganza.

Let the dick-waving begin:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1518

Expand-a-blast, Splitfire, Secret Shot and Sharpshooter:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1519

Wildfire, Lightning Blitz and AT2K:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1520

Comic Con 2011 Limited Edition Transformer's Barricade RV-10

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1521

Nerf Maverick Gear-Up edition:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1522

Nerf Max Force Razorbeast, Mad Hornet and Rattler:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1523

Mattel Ultimator, Lanard Rotator X-8 and Mega Missile:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Dsc_1524

Cheers,
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:06 pm

My Paintjobs
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Imag0111

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Imag0112

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Imag0113

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Imag0114

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Imag0115

-James

LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 am

Finally finished the DoubleShot today!

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 05102010

I had a go at a blood splatter at the front of the barrel:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 05102011

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 05102012

*NOTE* This is my first paint job on a Nerf blaster.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 am

interflop wrote:My last Longshot paint job. Still need to get another shotgun grip for the internal shotgun mechanism because the stock front gun grip is terrible.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 QfEBpl

Now that we can comment on this thread, constructively at least, I will note that I friggin love this paint job. Arguably not the best thing to have in public even with its large selection of orange but it just looks awesome. Scope and seamless integration to boot.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 pm

My new Rouges and hawk, gear up recon on its way
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_1311

A current WIP, wanted to enter it in the competition.
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img_0810

Random
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 31049010
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 am

ShotBlast..

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 12102010
    False
    False

Post  False Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:35 pm

A minor project I'm working on.

Homemade bi-pod.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img1251zf
    By false_ at 2011-10-14

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Img1252iy
    By false_ at 2011-10-14
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Nerf BioShock Blaster - Big Daddy Proton

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 2 Bioshock-nerf-vortex-proton-paintjob-mod-right

This was a lot of fun to do, I didn't bother sanding off the logos on this one like I usually do. Threw the Little Sister into the shot for good measure, after all what's Big Daddy without her ;p
    I made the gas canister and added it to the top, along with the 'drill' mounted beneath.

Writeup at my blog and facebook page.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:14 pm