Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
littlebro05
Genacon
clunk07
bulletproofvest
oxymoron
9 posters

Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes!

oxymoron
    oxymoron

Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes! Empty Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes!

Post  oxymoron Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 pm

So my best mate just dropped round with my birthday present - a Max Force Terrornator (heaps of fun it turns out) and it got me thinking again about making them fire something other than the splat ammo that was re-usable.

My original thoughts were that one of those Tiny Tot lollies would fit nicely but I had none to test. Then I was thinking about cutting down a heavy sili tip to jam in there.

Then I looked over at my FBR stefans and it came to me.

I very roughly cut up a bit of FBR (about 1/2 an inch long) so that it fit snugly inside the front section of the clip - in front of the nubs that hold the normal ammo. The clip has the same ID as the "barrel" and the way the clip sits in the gun there is a perfect seal out of the box so I figured that 1cm of dead space wouldn't make a big difference.

I test fired and the foam shot out. Winna

Now I needed to add some weight up front. The first thing I saw was a little screw out of some random gun. I made a hole for the tail of the screw in the foam and wacked it in.

Here is a pic of my dodgy ass mini dart next to the stock ammo and a heavy sil tip for comparison...

Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes! Aba66a2f

Now for ranges. I did the test using my 2nd Max Force Shadowhawk (the sniper one) which felt a bit less powerful than my first one out of the box.

Shot 1 - with the front barrel attached - 17m

Shot 2 - without the barrel attachment - 21m! I shit you not.

Show me another Nerf type blaster that gets 65ft out of the box.

The best thing is, my "dart" was completely un-calibrated and shaped in a few seconds using scissors. With a properly shaped piece of foam and a calibrated dart tip weight (with a non-metal tip of course) I don't ee why these numbers won't improve buy a few meters.

Add a trigger and a beefier spring and you're set - if we can get inf0rm3r to make a new mini dart that is
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes! Empty Re: Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes!

Post  bulletproofvest Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Nice, where the tests taken angled?
    The Titan box claims 60ft doesn't it?

oxymoron
    oxymoron

Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes! Empty Re: Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes!

Post  oxymoron Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Titan? What you on about. I'm talking about a Shodowhawk. The box for them states 100ft, but that's with the stupid stock ammo that is about as accurate as a streamline.

Shots were fired flat.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:21 pm

"Show me another Nerf type blaster that gets 65ft out of the box."
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Oh right lol, I'm on the trolley now.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Nice work Oxy!!

Has anyone managed to get 65ft with a stock Titan rocket flat... haha

Cheers,
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Well that's just what the box claims, Nerf takes their tests angled though
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:03 pm

The two of us must have been thinking in the same wave length today. I was going to start a thread on this tonight (friday) and bump ideas around. But ya beat me to it, so this is as good a time as any.

Two weeks ago i bought a max force maximizer and thought about making it shoot darts. So since i had the day off yesterday (thursday)i finally got around to having a go.

I assume you're using 6mm fbr oxy?

I bought some 6mm fbr from bunnings and some cloth tape. I would have liked 7mm fbr as that would have had a much nicer fit. But i don't think it comes in 7mm. So i thought the cloth tape would give it that little bit extra width if needed.

Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes! Maxfor11

2 examples that i had sitting on my desk, the others are out in the garage.
    Get your Max Force Blaster to fire foam darts in minutes! Maxfor12

To add weight to the dart i had a few pop rivets that i cut the tops off and shoved one down the middle and a little hot glue tip. I didn't even think about using a screw.

Now I'm not getting ranges of 20m or anything, but that's to be expected since I'm using a smaller gun and there is a lot of dead space in the maximizer between the end of the plunger tube and the start of the "clip" area.

I also have the day off today (friday) and am going to stuff around with it a little more.

oxymoron wrote:if we can get inf0rm3r to make a new mini dart that is
    Aww, i was going to make a new dart and call them the very unoriginal name of nano darts...

Last edited by Genacon on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am

Haha believe it or not. I think roger explosion had experiment with 'nano darts' and they weren't particular good in his results. However, these are max force blasters, the results could be different.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:25 am

That's pretty impressive from the Max Force blasters.
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:40 am

Nice work oxy. Gotta get myself one of these!
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

How did you get on today Genacon? I just used a piece of 13mm fbr that I cut up very crudely to fit in the clip. It's pretty damn rough but it does sit in there nice and snug.

It would be super handy if there was such a thing as 7mm FBR though. The Terrornator gets up to about 18m with this dart so with its slamfire and the 30 round belt it would be an awesome rushing weapon.
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Haha believe it or not. I think roger explosion had experiment with 'nano darts' and they weren't particular good in his results. However, these are max force blasters, the results could be different.

I was going through the mods directory after i had posted in this thread and found one of rogers old mods where he was using 10mm fbr and referred to them as nano stefans.
    Pico Stefans perhaps? The names not important though, i just want to make something that works well.

oxymoron wrote:How did you get on today Genacon?
    Not very well, I ended up spending the day in bed with a migraine. I'll see how i go during the week though.

I want to try sanding out one of the sets of nubs in a clip and making the dart thicker to see if that has any effect.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Informer needs to start selling 7mm fbr
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Bunnings sell 6mm FBR.
    -James
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 pm

It's just that informer foam fits really well in his PETG and stuff.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm

I know about 6mm fbr, I am just saying 7mm would be a lot better

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 am