I haven't posted in a while, but still, I have some questions now. I have recently bought a Stampede, I have had a Longshot for ages and my sister has just bought a longstrike. I'm just going to dive right into the questions, but before you start to flame; I have searched for the answers for most of these, but there will be some I have not that I just tagged in.
Ok, so I have had this apart for about two weeks now. Basic mods are done and have been for about half a year but recently I have been looking into brass breeching it, paint jobs and replacing the spring. I have done quite a bit of research in regards to this blaster, but I can't find many reviews etc. about their springs.
- C836 or OMW spring? If OMW spring, 5kg or 10kg? (I assume you will say 10kg, but just checking.)
- Can anyone tell me the compression on the C836? I can't find it. Doesn't mean it's not there, I must just suck at google.
- This coming weekend I will be reinforcing the bolt sled using 1/2mm aluminium. Should I use a stronger metal? Pointers?
- any recommendations for the brass breech? I.E where to buy the brass from or if to buy a pre-made kit.
I love it, but as the majority of you will know the stock version is not exactly heavy, but weighted predominantly to the rear. I also plan to BB this.
- What batteries should I use? I know brands such as trust fire etc. are reccommended but I have honestly lost myself in this topic and need some sort of reset button. So, plain and simple: What batteries should I use? (I'm aiming for a voltage of anywhere between 12-16V).
- I have heard instances of Li-ion an LIPO batteries 'sploding. True or false?
- Once again, any tips on the BB?
So This is basically a long recon. It may not shoot far (my sister's hits stock 30ft MAX) but it's cool in my opinion and deserves better internals. Sorry in advance as I have done hardly research on this gun as I seriously didn't expect to ever posses one.
- Should I BB it?
- Spring recommendations?
- Any other mods anyone recommends? (other than gutting it and turning it into an air gun, air guns are illegal in most matches around here)
If for some reason you want pictures, give me a yell and I won't hesitate to edit them in.
Thanks for your help,