Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
jacko1120
aardman
-Aj-
Foam Militia
8 posters

Stampede Rev-12

Foam Militia
    Foam Militia

Stampede Rev-12 Empty Stampede Rev-12

Post  Foam Militia Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:40 am

The Stampede Rev-12. Its not the most desirable gun but in light of beigemans Reaper CS-70 it will be undertaken.
    Hasbro doesnt seem to be getting aroud to making it so i will. Beigemans Reaper CS-70 will provide a way to link the triggers of two mavs.

I am hoping i can make the steel rod or fibreglass sheet pump handle inconspicuos. The pump will be derived from the internal longshot foregrip mod on nerfhaven.All hints tips etc will be appreciated. Plans up soon.

Its basically two mavs strapped together, one handle, one trigger, pump action foregrip, 8 inch x 3/4inch ID lengthened barrels, crafted fibreglass stock.

This is just one of some views to come. Its no the stampede just two mavs linked together.

Stampede Rev-12 Mavped10

The triggers will be linked via a fibreglass plate 60mm x 30mm x 5mm. epoxy putty is the chosen bond. there will be a central handle (just like beigmans reaper) with one trigger. It will be angled so that one shot can be fired then the second.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Stampede Rev-12 Empty Re: Stampede Rev-12

Post  -Aj- Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:03 pm

See the lanard 12 dart shotgun. Like this. Only better.

sticking 2 guns together is for the most part, stupid, i'm sorry. mavericks suck. 2 mavericks together. Will suck. twice as much

if you're heaps keen on doing it... be my guest.. but if this forums mods section ends up filled with "2 blasters stuck together" mods i'll be pretty pissed...

I want to encourage modding, however to me this doesn't seem like the sort of mods people need to be undertaking. How about working out how the internals of all your guns work and then modifying them?

I dont want to flame, or discourage you from the sport, but I'm really sorry man this just sounds kinda lame

Aj
    aardman
    aardman

Post  aardman Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Hey AJ, lay off. If he can pull it off and it works well then I think it will be a great mod. Personally I love the maverick.
    Pump action is a great idea, it will build on the mav's best quaility, rate of fire. I'd like to see more on how you plan to do that.

Last thing, please don't do what so many people on nerf haven do, post with ideas but never actually come up with a final product. Its really dissapoining to watch.

good luck
    aardman
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:50 pm

I am sorry if appear rude or blunt, but my statement does stand. If he's going to do this then props to him, it'd be a nice novelty weapon.. nothing more, just like the CS-70 or whatever, I mean I really dont see how shooting 2 darts instead of one at the same time achieves anything except doubling your reload time and the amount of darts to find in the next dart sweep.. I realise FM here has said he wants to create separate triggers, which will make it v mildly more useful but still. Also.. FM... how do you plan on completely reversing the second gun so the clip can swing out the other side?

you're right, the maverick does have great ROF, but instead of building on this maybe someone could work out a way to make the mav's ranges and consistency in firing and priming less shit..

My mav is maxed out, pretty much every mod except a drop clip: new spring, foamed, glued turret mech, reinforced catch, reinforced slide, russian roulette etc.. and it still sucks range wise

Aj
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Post  jacko1120 Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:32 pm

The mav, for me, has always just been a last ditch attempt to hit people when im either out of ammo or need to reload. it dosent need to have spectacular ranges it just needs to be able to hit someone more than 5 feet away as quickly as possible.
    I think that if u can make this work, but have separate triggers, it will be very useful for nearly any situation.
    Foam Militia
    Foam Militia

Post  Foam Militia Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:51 am

Thanks guys. It will only have one trigger but still two seperate shots. I see having two bullets come out at the same time may be intimidating but its not practical. That option is still possible with a fast trigger pull. Aj, the only thing stopping the clip from swinging out on the other side is a few plastic protrusions. If i sand them down on their current side and place some other plastic bits on the other side its swings out the opposite way. If youre talking about the ERTL 12 shot shotgun, not interested. Its got good ranges, forsakenange24's is accurate but im not a fan. Im not here to piss people off so i wont bother in future. Aardman, i am definitely making this. I do not like WIP's staying WIP's. Unfinished. I agree that is dissapointing. It may take me awhile because currently it is in the planning stage. I will post more of the plans as i develop them. Comments, flames, questions etc are always welcome.....even from you Aj.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 am

Hey man you didn't piss anyone off, its cool, Just having 2 of these mods come out so close together i was like.. oh man... it will take some work to get the clip working the other side, so good luck with that, I certainly hope you achieve this just I also hope people will be putting effort into fresh and practical mods for their guns.. you're trying something new so i respect that I just hope "sticking 2 guns together' doesn't become the next 'mod craze' so to speak..

finally.. this...

Stampede Rev-12 Xzibit10
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:26 am

Nice photo AJ, where did you get it from.

I am not a fan of the Mav, but hey to each his own, right?

IF you were sticking 2 buzzbee rapidfire rifles together, then I'd have a problem.

Those things just make me mad.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:17 am

lol dude i made it in photoshop..

step 1 get xzibit picture..

step 2 ???

step 3 profit
    Raphie

Post  Raphie Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 am

FM how are you going to achieve this
    "It will only have one trigger but still two seperate shots"
    Foam Militia
    Foam Militia

Post  Foam Militia Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Two trigger stages.

Stampede Rev-12 Mav_tr11

This picture is from undermeath, handle up to cocking slide. The plate joining the triggers will only be connected to one side. That way it will pull one trigger to its firing point and then engage the other via a screw. There will be 1cm difference in trigger engagement. It instantly starts pulling on one trigger and then after 0.5-1cm's difference it begins to engage the second. The glued trigger will have to be shaved to reduce travel allowing the second to reach firing distance. A protruded screw and aligned slot. Two stage trigger.

Stampede Rev-12 Mavped11

This is the shotgun mech. Each barrel will have PVC around with a length of my rough hand size the barrel. the plate will be secured to the grip by epoxy putty and two screws. It will run in between both of the mavericks but not through either of the bodies. Even though they are out of proportion they should explain them selves.

Stampede Rev-12 Mavped12
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:49 am

-Aj- wrote:lol dude i made it in photoshop..
    step 1 get xzibit picture..
    step 2 ???
    step 3 profit
    I had a feeling that's what the deal was. VERY funny.

EDIT: one more thing, you've officially been pimped.
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 am

looking great FM! though personally i wouldn't do the whole extra barrel thing i would do what i told you earlier but extend the bar under both barrels and have handle in the middle so it looks cool but each to his own
    aardman
    aardman

Post  aardman Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 am

That does look like a good way to do it. I was trying to come up with a way to do it internally, but I really don't think it would be possible in a mav.
    If that goes together cleanly then it wouldn't look to bad either.
    good work

I might add however that you put some extra support in the middle of the fiber glass plate part. Something to stop it from bending.
    Raphie

Post  Raphie Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:37 am

One thing to note.
    The maverick is quite a hard gun to cock. Not for us but 12 year olds etc do find it quite hard, so the pump action reinforce it so it doesnt bend but stays straight.
    Foam Militia
    Foam Militia

Post  Foam Militia Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:55 am

I do not believe that the maverick is hard to cock.....at all. Even so there will be some metal rods epoxied? to the underside of the fibreglass.
    beigeman
    beigeman

Post  beigeman Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I like the idea, quite sound. Especially the separate trigger mechanisms.

Fair enough AJ, the "lets put a gun on your gun so you can shoot while you shoot" thing is a bit old (he says after just doing a write-up on the last fortnight's worth of melting-plastic-fume-induced mayhem) but it depends on the gun. What Foam Militia is trying to do is create one of the guns from the N-Strike game because it doesn't look like (for now) Nerf are going to be producing it. Unlike me who thought "I wonder what happens if", Foam Militia has actually put some thought into it beforehand.

Whats wrong with multiple shots? You're putting twice as many rounds in the air than normal. Yes, you're going to go through ammo quicker, and it will take you more time to reload, but in games with a hit limit (Hit three times and you're out) guns like the Stampede Rev-12 and my Reaper CS-70 would become quite valuable. Or perhaps close quarters games? In a laser-tag like environment where range isn't necessary but ROF is? Sure it'll be more annoying to reload the mav than say a longshot in this instance, but what happens when your two/four/ten longshot clips run out? You then have to spend time re-loading those. And that time far outweighs the time spent reloading a mav.

As far as whether the Maverick is a 'good gun', I say each to their own. I consider the Mav to be the best "panic pistol" you can get your hands on; and by panic pistol I mean something you don't need to reload after every shot and can put a few shots into the enemy at close range in quick succession. Without heavily modding (CPVC manual rotating barrels, etc) a regular gun getting 6 shots without reload in a pistol is pretty difficult. It's short-range (mine can get 40-50') with an accuracy drop-off over 20', but for a sidearm you could do a lot worse than the Maverick (Air Zone 8-shooter springs to mind for comparison purposes).

:{>
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:38 pm

I've never played the game, so I didn't realise he was trying to recreate something, if he can get it to look like the gun in the game.. props... if its just to mavs stuck together..fail

We play 3/15 usually here so multiple hits are moot, but I realise other places may differ.

you're right that there are worse guns than a maverick, but I hardly feel that's justification for carrying them, I've never had anyone 'rush' me in such a way that I'd need a 'panic gun', I'm quick on my feet so its not really an issue...but again I realise not everyone is the same

Aj
    Foam Militia
    Foam Militia

Post  Foam Militia Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:36 pm

I am still making this but it will commence december. This is because of funding issues. and the lack of a dremel. I want it neat.

Edit: Apologies if i got anyones hopes up but it's not going to happen, no money.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:40 pm