Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Issues Modding my Stampede - need some feedback please

WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Issues Modding my Stampede - need some feedback please Empty Issues Modding my Stampede - need some feedback please

Post  WH1PLA5H Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 am

Hi All!

Recently got into the nerf guns and my collection is building. I have ordered a bunch of parts from orangemodworks for all my guns. Here is a quick list:

Rayven: Volt Modded (internal lipo!) with custom longer barrel, modded clip receiver, all safety's removed
    Recon: Waiting on OMW Masacre Kit
    Stampede: Modding now - waiting on OMW spring - AR removed, All safety's removed (kept on / off switch) added 11.1v 3200Mh lipo (got a 14.8v 4400Mh lipo also for it)
    Deploy: AR Removed (WHAT A BITCH OF A JOB!!!), Safety's removed, waiting for OMW spring

Anyway, onto my problem!!!

With the stampede i get terrible range, feeding, general use full stop since the volt mod. Is it because the spring sucks now and its cycle rate is all wrong? Also, how do you stop it from over running all the time? I have found that the white lever near the trigger is not returning to the closed position and that allows the gun to keep cycling but its just useless now.

I am waiting on a OMW spring for it, I think I will add the stock spring with it also if required. I would like to run my 14.8v lipo pack in this gun. What do I need to do to make that happen?

Do I really need to go to the trouble of a custom barrel, receiver etc?

Thanks for your help all.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Issues Modding my Stampede - need some feedback please Empty Re: Issues Modding my Stampede - need some feedback please

Post  clunk07 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Probably would've been a lot simpler to just use one of the Aussie-made springs available for the Stampede, but anyway...

On to your problems.

Everything will be crap after a voltage mod if you haven't upgraded the spring. So, wait until you've replaced the spring, then see what happens.

That Li-po pack should work fine. Li-ion user's pump 16.8 volts through a Stampede without any issues.

Cheers,
    Jeo
    Jeo

Issues Modding my Stampede - need some feedback please Empty Re: Issues Modding my Stampede - need some feedback please

Post  Jeo Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Not that anyone would assume otherwise, but everything Clunk says is the truth.
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 am

Honestly, until i found this forum, i never knew the nerf community was this big, i only heard of OMW from someone at the 1st nerf war i went too, its all pretty new to me. I wont be buying more from OMW thats for sure, i am not impressed with my 1st purchase from them, its been a bad experience and i am still waiting for the products.

I am thinking that the 14.8v lipo might actually end up in the gun if thats the case, i will do some more googling and forum trolling for mods / upgrades and strengthening. I would like this to be my main battle rifle and use my Rayven (might put a 11.1v lipo on it instead of the 7.4v) and Recon as my backups. Really keen to mod the recon, looking at getting a AT or Raider tomorrow morning also.

Thanks guys, I apprecaite the replies.

Do others get the over run issues? I have seen another thats been volt modded (not sure what else was done) and that had the same problem :(.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:25 am

Pretty well. You don't have to increase the voltage bu much before you start running in to problems with the stock spring.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:51 am

WH1PLA5H wrote:Honestly, until i found this forum, i never knew the nerf community was this big, i only heard of OMW from someone at the 1st nerf war i went too, its all pretty new to me. I wont be buying more from OMW thats for sure, i am not impressed with my 1st purchase from them, its been a bad experience and i am still waiting for the products.

I am thinking that the 14.8v lipo might actually end up in the gun if thats the case, i will do some more googling and forum trolling for mods / upgrades and strengthening. I would like this to be my main battle rifle and use my Rayven (might put a 11.1v lipo on it instead of the 7.4v) and Recon as my backups. Really keen to mod the recon, looking at getting a AT or Raider tomorrow morning also.

Thanks guys, I apprecaite the replies.

Do others get the over run issues? I have seen another thats been volt modded (not sure what else was done) and that had the same problem :(.

Bump-firing, or auto-firing is a fairly common issue. Generally, the biggest cause of this is the catch plate has been installed incorrectly, but there are a number of other issues which can cause it.

I see in another thread you'll only be using stock darts. Honestly, have a look at some of inf0rm3r's products. You'll be surprised to see that his blue/red foam darts in fact work out to be cheaper than NERF branded darts - and, they'll give you a damn big increase with accuracy, and a good little increase in range.

Cheers,
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks alot. Apprecaite the replies. Going to clean up my Nerf Work bench, strip back down the stampede and give it another once over, the recon is apart ready for the Massacre Kit and the stampede might get another tidy up and who knows what else i will do to it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 pm