Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
CobraNerf
Winterstrike
Hamish
Chaos-Blades
8 posters

Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way

Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Empty Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:04 am

No chat, lets rock!

1. Get a triple-shot out & take it apart,
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts110
    2. It should look like this;
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts210
    3. I added a Longshot spring over the top of the stock one, the c836 apparently can't be added as they're too thin. Confirmed.
    I don't know for sure though.
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts410
    4. Get the turret
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts510
    5. Open that shit up, there's 4 screws on the back.
    You can throw away the middle section. It's not needed, but if you want to use it you've got some serious dremelling to do!
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts610
    6. Cut out enough hole space for for your barrels on the front of the turret.
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts710
    7. Grab your barrel materials, I used 20cm of Alu, 16mm (I think :|) I got it by the metre from bunnings.
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts810
    8.Wrap the ends in a little tape & they'll fit perfectly in the 3 little grooves.
    That's the lazy way but it works well.
    My tape is 10mm sports strapping tape but a bunch of e-tape should work well though.
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Ts910
    9. Like so, repeat as needed.
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Tsa110
    10. Put it back together & align those barrels so they're straight. I used the plastic roll of the aforementioned strapping tape.
    It's not shown in any of the photos but I left it inside the turret. (I'll put up a photo later)
    I also had a bunch of couplers lying around, they work just as well.
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Tsa310
    11. Win
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Tsa510

It hits my back fence flat from 20m away. I think it hits harder than my longshot, so I think it has better ranges.

I've fixed the catch also, like this.
    You have to undo that screw first. Cheers Tom!
    Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Lsg810
    (photo Pirated from Roger's inline-clipped triple-shot)

@ the ramrod-phobes - Since the catch is fixed, I can just blow the darts down the barrels without the fear of accidental Kurt-Cobaining.
    Haven't range tested it. The catch is a bit dodgey, it sometimes fires without a touch. Scary Stuff.

Last edited by Chaos-Blades on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    Hamish
    Hamish

Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Empty Re: Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way

Post  Hamish Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 am

Nice! I'm thinking of getting one of these but can I ask what length alu did you have? Hey you should probably put that in the first post ^^.
    Winterstrike

Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way Empty Re: Triple-Shot w/ turret, Quad Alu barrels - the Chaos way

Post  Winterstrike Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:28 pm

You have this amazing way of making mods easier than they should be. Thanks Tony, think I'll do it your way. I was about to do it Tom's way but I really wanted to keep the turret. I'm also going to try drilling holes behind the turret so I can rear-load, I'll let you know how that turns out.

Last edited by Winterstrike on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Where do you get your alu? Also why does everyone keep the top piece of the turret. I rekon it looks cool without the top bit of the turret.
    Pois0n
    Pois0n

Post  Pois0n Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:51 pm

CobraNerf wrote:why does everyone keep the top piece of the turret. I rekon it looks cool without the top bit of the turret.

Because it adds extra stability to the barrels. Anyway, I'm doing this with PETG. Thanks for the write up dude.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Bunnings or Home Hardware both stock the 16mmx1mm Alu tube

People keep the top piece to stabilise their barrels.. unless you buy the gravity defying Alu, but that's more expensive....

Also chad if you try rear loading holes you need to do a whole bunch of work to improve the seal, as it needs to seal around a 13-14mm area instead of the current.. 3-4mm diameter current rear holes

Edit: PETG is only good for this gun if you use stock based darts or informers foam, as this gun seems to have flow issues (such large plunger tube into tiny space), from all of my testing it hates tight barrels, you want medium fit.

Aj
    Pois0n
    Pois0n

Post  Pois0n Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Alright, thanks Aj, I was planning on using CDDT's or whatever you want to call them.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Yes I saw this a mod of this gun done with an improved seal on nerfhaven. He took out the little white original seal and replaced it with a bit of brass and a washer. It's loads more work I know but I refuse to use a ramrod.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Poison wrote:Alright, thanks Aj, I was planning on using CDDT's or whatever you want to call them.

Then PETG will be great

Winterstrike wrote:Yes I saw this a mod of this gun done with an improved seal on nerfhaven. He took out the little white original seal and replaced it with a bit of brass and a washer. It's loads more work I know but I refuse to use a ramrod.

yeah that's the theory behind it, in application it is much harder. Both Roger and 'splosionman tried to get rear loading working, and hey look, they have singled Triple shots now

Also selling a LS spring, chex my thread yo

Aj
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Would 9/16th Brass work the same as Alu?
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:43 pm

I spent ages on that seal, but for some reason the gun just sucked. When I blew through the barrels it was a perfect seal to the plunger tube, but it still sucked. I think it had something to do with the rotation of the turret not aligning it properly.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:34 am

The alignment for turrets work perfectly... what failed for me is my shit mod job on the barrels because I used hot glue but i put the hot glue in AFTER I placed the barrels in, which was a dumb idea because if you blow the barrel down lightly, you can't hear any air leakage, but if you blow ULTRA hard you can hear it...

Another way I tested for the dart was air tight was I put the my finger behind the barrel and pushed the dart in. I should of felt continuous pressure when the dart slid in (because that's how air tight PVC DWV 16mm Pipes are), but instead it the air 'leaked' out of the seals, which sucks.

If you want like extreme power with the plunger tightness, use a bit of tape and you'll be fine. (E-Tape is good like Roger did). although what I might do is cut the barrels off (since it's hot glued into place) and replace the pipes by connecting 12mm Alu Tube to connect with the 16mm PVC pipe.

But yeah I think if you mod it right, it'll be good.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 am

Sorry for the lack of detail, I kinda rushed it because I was at work.

Winterstrike wrote:You have this amazing way of making mods easier than they should be.
    That's because I only do simple mods. I haven't got the skills or patience to do anything more complicated.

Winterstrike wrote:I really wanted to keep the turret. I'm also going to try drilling holes behind the turret so I can rear-load, I'll let you know how that turns out.
    Yeah, That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to stuff it up. I've bought a 2nd triple-shot to do that to.
    So if I stuff up, it just means that I've got spare parts for my good triple shot & an extra spring to go in my longshot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:06 pm