Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals

-Aj-
    -Aj-

Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals Empty Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals

Post  -Aj- Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:31 am

So I posted this on NH and FSA and it's been getting a lot of positive feedback. It's not an easy mod by any stretch and it requires a few miscellaneous pieces that the average nerfer might not have lying around which would make it much more expensive (ie you need like 15mm of 17/32 and 1/2 brass and you can only buy it in 1 foot sections).

But yes, it shoots far, has a good ROF, taks clips and drums etc

Has a lever action trigger design that could easily be used in older 4B's that break, you'd just need to drill a hole for the pivot rod

Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals IMG_1837

Link to Nerfhaven thread

Link to FSA thread

Aj
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals Empty Re: Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals

Post  nerffirefight24 Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:45 am

That thing is pimp, thanks for the right up, I think I might do that mod but do a different useless reverse plunger, my longstrike.
    Thanks for the write up and video, really well done.
    -Adam-
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals Empty Re: Mega raider rev 1 writeup - Raider with mega missile internals

Post  -Aj- Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:50 am

It can be done to pretty much any gun, but I looked at all of them and none work as well as the raider shell wise. They will work its just that the raider has the PERFECT place to put the pump, where as anywhere I tried to put the pump in the longstrike or recon felt a little weird.

I really encourage other people to try it, and rev 2 has the goal to use easier to obtain and cheaper parts where possible so that you dont need to have a spare MS pump and all that other crap that I happen to have lying around (I have tubs of parts, not guns, parts.. along with way to many guns)

Whilst it can take streamlines It works best with stefans, I have been messing with the barrel setup to make a 'uni barrel' that works well with streamlines, blue foam AND white foam, and I think i've got it nailed I'll post that up soon.

Aj
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:56 am

Awesome,
    I love the look of the gun, and from the firing video its not just good looks.
    That is the best mod I have seen on Oznerf for a while now.
    -Adam-
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:35 am

Great mod! definatly the best on oz nerf.

BTW: those are some epic shoes!

Biggles
    Primus1356
    Primus1356

Post  Primus1356 Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 pm

would this be a mod suitable for a beginner or not. Im getting a rider off layby and although im pretty new i hate guns that shoot darts that dont even fly straight for half a millisecond. WOuld it be hard and where can i get a 2nd gen MM?
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Primus1356 wrote:would this be a mod suitable for a beginner or not. Im getting a rider off layby and although im pretty new i hate guns that shoot darts that dont even fly straight for half a millisecond. WOuld it be hard and where can i get a 2nd gen MM?

I don't think it should be attempted by a new modder, I'm giving it a go too.

It seems easy but I think you have to be able to think quickly if something doesn't go your way.

Like buying a 1st gen MM and having to convert it.....

Yeahhh, I recently bought 3 MM only to find out that they were 1st gen................sucks balls.

Oh well, still gonna try it cause it looks beasty.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:11 pm

I would NOT recommend this mod for a beginner, it is pretty complex, requires a lot of different parts and a decent amount of tools, along with experience with those tools.

Also all MM's sold at TRU should be 2nd gen

Aj
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 pm

-Aj- wrote:Also all MM's sold at TRU should be 2nd gen

What colour was the shell of that MM, mine was lime green and had 1st gen intenals.

I also bought it on saturday from TRU with the rest of my haul.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:52 am