Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+6
Reaper
SnowDragon
phuonguyen
TheBradl3s
Unknown
-Aj-
10 posters

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy

-Aj-
    -Aj-

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy Empty Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy

Post  -Aj- Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:11 pm

This isn't really a full writup, much of the principles are the same as the original, which you can find the writeup for on nerfhaven, really the only things that have changed is the breech design, along with the pump and pump placement.

These 3 pictures should explain how I attached the tubing to the pump - its a schwinn mini frame bike pump - Target or TRU for like $5.99

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1872

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1876

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1883

The pump is nested inside some 25mm pvc with a sanded out coupler slipped over it - there is a channel cut into the PVC so the screw connecting it into the polycarb block doesn't get in the way, then there is another tapped hole in the polycarb block which takes a screw fixing it to the shell - a bolt and nut attach it at the back.

2 screws, no glue, rock solid and easily removable/serviceable pump attachment.

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1920

Here's all the components

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1917

I'll probably do a separate writeup on the breech, its not any new principles, just a new application, telescoping barrels have been around forever in nerf.

So yeah this isn't really a wrietup.

I was consistently getting 160-200ft today with 00 weighted streamlines.

Just let that sink in for a bit.

120' with 40mm Blue foam and 100 with White foam, 120 with white foam heavies.

It takes every kind of ammo a breech can - white foam, blue foam and streamlines - anyone who has built many breeches will realise this is pretty much the holy grail.

The paintjob is alright, I haven't painted in a while and this was all done in one night (ie really really fast) but it beats the heck out of alot of the spraycan only PJ's I see people giving their nerf guns.

pics pics pics

dicksdicskdicks

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1928

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1945

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1937

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1948

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1946

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1949

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1953

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1951

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1950

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1955

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy IMG_1943

Peace

Aj

Last edited by -Aj- on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Unknown
    Unknown

Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy Empty Re: Mega Raider Rev. 2 - Picture heavy

Post  Unknown Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Absolutly fantastic, I don't care if your a dick your a great moder. keep it coming.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Very nice! I really like the paintjob one question, were did you get the mega missile REV-2 from? because I looked at TRU and all they had was the REV-1 (the light green one with the welded tank)
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:06 pm

The green shelled ones are both generation 1 and 2 mega missiles, they are very hard to tell apart, the only noticeable difference I have found is that the gen 2 MM's have white serial No's on the pump handle, whilst the gen 1's have black serials, bad thing is its impossible to see the serial when its in the box... unless you open it etc which is not really proper toy store etiquette

Aj
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:09 pm

So, its not really easy to get a REV-2 then? cause I know TRU said they had some more coming in from another store, so I'll have to have another look when they come in
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Chances are some of the ones on the shelves are gen 2, its just a bit of luck of the draw really, there is no difference in the packaging and as far as TRU are concerned they are the same product

Aj
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:15 pm

well, thanks for your help AJ, i've just got 2 more questions, what TRU did you get your mega missile from and how many did you get before you found a REV-2?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:49 pm

city, and I bought 4 at once, 2 turned out to be gen 2, 2 were gen 1. but I've heard someone (Phuong? Littlebro? possibly) bought 3 and they were all 1st gen

Aj
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Is there anyway to do this with a 1st gen and is the tube glued to the bike pump?
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:03 pm

-Aj- wrote:city, and I bought 4 at once, 2 turned out to be gen 2, 2 were gen 1. but I've heard someone (Phuong? Littlebro? possibly) bought 3 and they were all 1st gen

Aj

Sigh!!!!!!

Yep it was me, though I've modded the chamber of one of them to act like a gen 2... though i don't have a 'seal' to keep the pressure inside the tank only, it extends to the pump too.... but i've put almost everything (modding wise) on hold for the time being.

Great work Aj. The only difference is the pump? and the mounting mech yeah?

Also on an unrelated topic, if you need any more parts, just email me drawings descriptions, whatever and I'll do em up. In case chad didn't relay my message last time.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Jesus Holy mother of god! 200 feet? That's insane! Mad props. That paint job as well, very nice.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Unknown wrote:Is there anyway to do this with a 1st gen and is the tube glued to the bike pump?

No, I didn't glue the tube to the barbed connector, it's an intended redundancy in case some noob tries to pump it till he cant, the tube will eventually blow out the connector before anything dangerous can happen like the tank failing.

At the moment I run it at 4 pumps, sometimes up to 6 but I haven't noticed a huge increase in range, just more fishtailing, I think it gets to a point where the higher pressure destabilises rather than makes it go further, 4 pumps is about right.

To do this with a 1st gen you would have to do a LOT more work to the shell as the tank/pump assembli is a very different size, and then work out how to connect a pump to it, though that shouldn't be too hard - drilling a hole in the tank and solvent welding a barbed t in is what they do in the US and it works, just need to right solvent

I actually had this working with a PETG/orange 20mm conduit breech also, but wasn't happy with the dart barrel fit on it with any of the foams, so I switched back to brass. This gun works better with the dart a little snug in the barrel rather than the loose airgun fit people usually are told to go for.

Aj

Reaper
    Reaper

Post  Reaper Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:45 am

-Aj- wrote:My e-dick is infinitely bigger than yours.

No. No it is not. Actually, it probably is. Anyway, this Mega Raider looks a lot cleaner than the REV-1. Good job.
    zer0metal
    zer0metal

Post  zer0metal Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:10 am

This is how an integration should be done, nice and clean and not have 400 sticks of hot glue holding everything together.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 am

Where did you buy your barbed connectors and they're 4mm right? I will be attempting this but with a hopper clip instead of a breach so any advice is welcome.
    TheDoubleBracket
    TheDoubleBracket

Post  TheDoubleBracket Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 am

I'm also interested as to where you bought the tubing and barbed connectors - I don't know where to find those sort of parts and I want to mod my air guns.

I'm planning to do a writeup on how to pump mod a gen 1 Mega Missile - I've just completed mine, modded with a bike pump, and it's really not too hard. Even easier if you use barbed connectors instead of a Shrader valve like I did.
    Bayly
    Bayly

Post  Bayly Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:56 am

told you it could be done
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Barbed connectors - can be found in the irrigation section of a hardware store, you might have to buy the doubled kind and cut the two halves apart to get two connectors. Same with tubing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 am