Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements)

inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements) Empty Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements)

Post  inf0rm3r Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:12 pm

This place seems to have dried up with mods and I'm sick so I must do something constructive. Tonight I'm working on 4 different mods so hopefully I'll have them up soon.

You will need:

1. Drill (With set of different sized bits)
    2. Dremel
    3. 1ft 17/32 Brass
    4. E-tape Black
    5. Epoxy quick dry Clear
    6. PVC Cement
    7. Angle Grinder
    8. C-386 Spring
    9. Screwdriver
    10. Patience

First you have to pull your gun apart, be very careful as the catch springs in this gun go FLYING! I have lost both from mine and used one out of a night finder to get it working. Also the best idea with keeping the screws is to put them in a line where they come out into a piece of Styrofoam in order as this gun has a lot of different sized screws and it's important to have them in the same place.

First take your plunger out and drill it out like pictured below:

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements) 2rr2n9k

You will then need to cut the original barrel off level to the base. This is where your brass will sit into. Once level and dremelled cleanly, gently dremel inside this space until your brass fits tight, once you have this dump some PVC cement in and seal it. Later when dried add epoxy.

Your barrel and plunger should look like this:

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements) 6ymj9c

Now onto the spring replacement. Take a fresh C-386 spring from Bunnings and cut 2 coils off, and take out your stock spring and put it on. Re-lube your plunger and o-ring with Silicone Spray Food Grade. Spring comparison is also available in the next picture. Also one note I find the pointed end of your spring is best to place on the top section of the gun not the bottom, it will fire much smoother.

Reinforcing is the next step, although not 100% important I chose to fill a certain spot with epoxy just incase. Pictured below you can see what I have filled in. You can also try to fill some of the area below in to support where the spring pushes.

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements) Dpwm0x

The last step is to e-tape around the brass at the front so your barrel won't wobble move or wear or break if you drop your gun on it. If you position this right the front orange bit on the front of the gun will go over it nicely.

Now put it all back together and you have a very accurate pistol, hitting very very good ranges.

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements) Final-1
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements) Empty Re: Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements)

Post  phuonguyen Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:19 pm

Makes me wanna get a stormfire, even more now, every since we played pistols with Ben P....

Hey Thanh, do you wanna spilt a set with me?
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements) Empty Re: Stormfire (AR Removal + Brass Barrel Replacement + Spring Replacement + Reinforcements)

Post  inf0rm3r Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:21 pm

I built this thing because I got sick of Ben's pistol, it now out does it easily
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The internals of the stormfire's like the NF isn't it, about the same plunger tube length?
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:37 pm

NF is slightly bigger, but this thing just looks smooth, clean, sexy and comfortable. I am doing the same mods to the NF and testing what's better.

I will still stick to this either way though, it's as if it belongs in your hand.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:39 pm

I was wondering cause I've brassed my NF with 17/32 and chucked a c836 spring in it as well. Reinforced the catch and the plunger head.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am