Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
inf0rm3r
liam_skywalker
Nitefinder24
littlebro05
8 posters

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade Empty Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade

Post  littlebro05 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:08 am

Hey dudes, phuonguyen and me were modding the 4 FuryFires I had in my garage and we decided to do a little write-up for you guys who are interested in a FuryFires but didn't know whether they should get one. However, before we begin, the FuryFires is a fairly intermediate gun to mod. There are so many fragile pieces that if you don't do it properly, you can cause it to break, fire like shit and make you rage. Successfully modifying this gun will bring great rewards because it can be a great side arm in an outdoor war OR a very good primary indoors. This is just a brief overview and won’t get into great detail.

Step 1:

Open up your FuryFire of course! There are many angles of the internals because they are somewhat hidden.

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2365

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2366

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2368

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2369

Step 2:

This is somewhat very similar to a maverick but…

DO NOT OPEN THE SCREWS FROM THIS SIDE…

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2370

There are THREE hidden screws in the three holes presented in the picture below. You may need a thin screw driver to into the small area.

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2372

Step 3:

Remove the ARs, they will fall all out just like the Maverick would.

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2373

Step 4:

Remove the pegs by cutting it down with scissors. It is optional to drill it out or dremel it, but if you don’t do it properly, the seals will be crap and thus your gun will perform crap. It is very similar to the Maverick if you guys have modded one.

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2375

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2376

Step 5:
    Place the pegs back in and close up the barrel. Remember to line it up with the screws! There is even a groove marked in the gun on where you need to position the turret. Forgot to take a picture of that, will do it later.

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2377

Step 6:

You will need to put some epoxy putty behind the arrow pointed in the picture below. If you were to use a stronger spring, that thing will snap right off. Inf0rm3r has experienced this so I took this into consideration. In the second picture below Step 6 you will see that with my upgraded spring I filled that dead space with epoxy putty.

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade FuryFirePuttyStepw-o

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2379

Step 7:
    Time replace the spring! As you know replacing the spring in the FuryFire and Maverick is fairly hard as there isn’t any springs with ‘good compression’ or ‘the right size’. I bought my spring from black-tactical and work very well. You can buy the spring from here…
    http://black-tactical.com/store/weapon-accessories-foam-gun-parts-c-69_30/spring-for-nerf-dart-tag-gun-dtg-p-320

Above Picture: Stock Spring (from the internals picture)
    Below Picture: DTG upgrade spring from black-tactical.com

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2367

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2379

Step 8:

Place the gun back together. I can’t really explain how you would do this as there are many bits and pieces, but the internals picture will give you somewhat of an idea on what you need to do. The best I can do is label bits and pieces shown in the internals pictures for you. The rest is up to you.

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade FuryFireNoobInternals

You’re done! Ranges are very impressive for a small reverse plunger gun.

PTG: 15metres
    ATG: 20metres
    MAXIMUM: 22-24metres (angled extremely high)

It’s a great all rounder gun to modify, but only recommended if you have at LEAST modified the maverick and a few other guns. It dominates in a lot of wars. The best example being that inf0rm3r’s best mate is almost impossible to rush when combined with his Big Blast and FuryFire. Signing off with another first person shot...

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2392

Last edited by littlebro05 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nitefinder24
    Nitefinder24

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade Empty Re: Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade

Post  Nitefinder24 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 am

Great Write-up you put lots of little details in which makes it easier to read.
    I am going to try this mod when I get a Furyfire.
    liam_skywalker
    liam_skywalker

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade Empty Re: Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade

Post  liam_skywalker Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 am

Can I just say, that the little peg that holds the catch in place can also snap as mine did.
    Easy enough to fix just use tarzans grip and then reinforce.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 am

Good writeup the only thing I do differently is drill completely through the AR's.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Yeah. We'll test the ranges to see if it makes any significant difference by drilling out the Peg part of the gun. I didn't do it because I couldn't be bothered. Phuonguyen and me took about 40minutes each gun. My first two Furyfires don't have the trigger lock on it because I couldn't get it in. However, phuonguyen could do it and found the trick to it. You probably already know that trick, but in the write up I cbf explaining how to do it LOL.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Probably about 20 minutes, cause I was waiting for you to finish yours, so we could dual-tone the last two furyfires.

I've just got a knack for replacing little annoying pieces so it's pretty much stock..... except for the freaking big springs that I chuck into my guns.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Here's something you can do with your Furyfire sets. I dual toned mine and they're pretty mad looking...

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2393

Write-Up: Furyfire AR Removal + Spring Upgrade IMG_2394
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 pm

great write up. Are you selling these at all? I saw a couple of dual tone ones at the KG war and was wondering if I could buy one of these with all of the above mentioned mods, You could leave the peg stand things on because I would use Inf0rm3r's foam anyways. Dual tone looks cool and would be prefered if I can buy 1
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Sorry man the dual toned Furyfires arent' up for sale because they're my 'loan guns' when I bring my girlfriends and their friends along. You would of probably noticed them using it during DM and CTF.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 pm

yeah all good man, but if you have a spare blaster can you do those mods and ill buy it? Like i said before, you wouldnt need to take the pegs off and the DTG spring would be nice but i would need a price for both with or without it before i decide...asuming that you accept this offer lol :s
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Inf0rm3r's best mate and himself commissions them for $60 a pop but you probably won't get dual toned colours... It still performs the same anyway lol.
    Dylbot
    Dylbot

Post  Dylbot Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Sorry to post in an old thread, but I thought it's related. What exactly does the trigger lock do?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:11 pm

The trigger lock is there so when the pump handle is away from it's original position you can't pull the trigger to fire the gun.

It's a convenience because some times you may be in the heat of battle so when you shoot your shots... you might accidentally shoot your gun before the priming handle has reached all the way back to it's original position. Which makes the shot less effective than it should be.
    Dylbot
    Dylbot

Post  Dylbot Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 am

Thanks for that. I modded my Furyfire yesterday and the barrel no longer turns when you pull the trigger without it being cocked. It stills fires fine though, and turns when you are actually shooting it.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 am

That's strange. What ranges are you getting out of it? I'm getting around 60-70ft.
    Dylbot
    Dylbot

Post  Dylbot Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 am

I would say around the same as a modded maverick, I'm waiting for black tactical to get the dart tag spring back in, so I just put some 5c coins behind the spring as well as the other mods.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:52 am

I really want this blaster. I know Imform3r sells them but I don't use paypal or do bank transfer. If anyone is willing to sell it PM me.

On topic...

This looks like a great mod for a reverse plunger gun. I think these sort of write ups need to be in the mod directory.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 am

matt.chopper wrote:I really want this blaster. I know Imform3r sells them but I don't use paypal or do bank transfer. If anyone is willing to sell it PM me.

On topic...

This looks like a great mod for a reverse plunger gun. I think these sort of write ups need to be in the mod directory.

Answering this question of yours that was a weak ago. I would highly recommend you modify this with someone who has a knack for small things such as phuonguyen himself. This is actually quite a difficult gun to modify if you haven't modify many guns before. There's lots of things that could go wrong. Good luck at modding it!

You can also purchase it off Fishpond. Fishpond takes money orders too, but it'll just cost you an extra $4 to get it shipped and ordered. Money orders = go to your post office and ask for one and how much you're going to pay. Although that's a slow way of delivering money. I guess you can't do much when you're 13. Heck, I didn't even know what a bank transfer or paypal was at that age.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 pm