Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+19
NachoTaco
clunk07
mull
Echoes
Xoenz
dandaldaks
lefty
-Aj-
boosted6
keychane
littlebro05
CaptainSurprise
Silent Scope
Chaos-Blades
KingCam
Unknown
RL
psyk
makeitgo
23 posters

Lanard Shotgun/Airzone Triple shot into "OCTO-Shot" write up.

RL
    RL

Lanard Shotgun/Airzone Triple shot into "OCTO-Shot" write up. - Page 3 Empty Re: Lanard Shotgun/Airzone Triple shot into "OCTO-Shot" write up.

Post  RL Tue May 03, 2011 1:55 pm

I've seen your 'guns', clunk in those videos you've taken. Heavily modified. And I'm not talking about your nerf

@MIG, I was actually talking about the sound of the gun in the end being kinda muffled/quiet. but yes, being an amateur enthusiast of filming and editing, I'm getting heaps of inspiration from what you've done not just with the gun but with the video
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Lanard Shotgun/Airzone Triple shot into "OCTO-Shot" write up. - Page 3 Empty Re: Lanard Shotgun/Airzone Triple shot into "OCTO-Shot" write up.

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm

2120 wrote:I've seen your 'guns', clunk in those videos you've taken. Heavily modified. And I'm not talking about your nerf

@MIG, I was actually talking about the sound of the gun in the end being kinda muffled/quiet. but yes, being an amateur enthusiast of filming and editing, I'm getting heaps of inspiration from what you've done not just with the gun but with the video

Maybe I should send you my vids, instead of me dicking around trying to get them in one take, screwing up, making another take, screwing up etc etc. I'm not one for being in front of, or behind the camera - and with the amount of digital still image editing that I do, I really don't have time for video editing.

@MIG and 2120 - On that note, what would be a simple editing software for a noob to add titles, and join clips in to one video? Obviously inexpensive as well.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue May 03, 2011 2:13 pm

I've found Windows Live movie Maker to work quite nicely, and it's free.

Adobe After Effects is useful but costs a tone so probably not recommended unless you already have it.

makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue May 03, 2011 4:14 pm

@boosted6 I know!!!! I should be getting royalty cheques from Air Zone and Century Springs!! The Dollar store too. Apparently, epoxy putty is flying off the shelves too!!!

But as far as ROF with the 'Man' spring. It still doesn't take as long as pumping an air blaster. And, it's only my first Octo that has the 'Man' spring. My current one has the 'Mama' spring plus a Recon spring.

boosted6 wrote:Haha, wheres your spotters fee mig?

The MAN spring would be fun, but ROF would be way down. In a war, by the time you primed it for another shot, you would, or might be hit.

I think i might get a spring custom made for this in the near future...

Lets hope airzone make a blaster with a 10-15shot turret that can be thrown on....

@clunk07 In the video, I didn't show me adding FBR to the rest of the dead space in the blaster so that has an impact on the sound. Adding FBR does nothing for performance and isn't really neccessary. That's why I didn't include it in the video. However, in real life, it is still pretty loud. If you're referring to the 'HIT' on the curtain, well that's just the curtain. The sound is mostly low end. Turn on your subwoofer and the hit becomes impressive.

clunk07 wrote:

@clunk07 Movie Maker for Windows and iMovie for OSX are decent and cheap (free). Good enough for simple text and simple editing but they're both limited to just straight cuts (not frame accurate) and they're text feature leaves a lot to be desired. Good enough for a beginner but after a couple of weeks, you're gonna want to do more and neither will satisfy you then.

I'm using FinalCutPro. A little over kill for youtube videos but I have access to it, so why not. I know there are free editing softwares out there for both Windows and OSX that can do a lot of things but they're not quite noob friendly.

clunk07 wrote:

@MIG and 2120 - On that note, what would be a simple editing software for a noob to add titles, and join clips in to one video? Obviously inexpensive as well.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks for the video info guys - I'm just being lazy and not doing the research myself. I'll get organised and have a look around for something that fits my requirements.

Cheers,
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 am

@MIG may I ask, what was the 'mama spring' ?
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Wed May 04, 2011 6:05 pm

If you check out my "updated firing test" video at the top of this page, it's the middle spring presented near the beginning of the video. It's a hobby/toy spring by Campi Springs Inc., No. 810. There a Quebec, Canada company.

NachoTaco wrote:@MIG may I ask, what was the 'mama spring' ?
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Here's a pic of my newly painted Octo-Shot

Lanard Shotgun/Airzone Triple shot into "OCTO-Shot" write up. - Page 3 Img3341h

More photos can be found in the General Nerf/paintjob section.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed May 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey Mig,

that looks awesome!! I assume that you've used an airbrush to create the flames?

Very, very sweet indeed!!
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 am

Thanx for the props! Actually it wasn't done with an airbrush. It's all off the shelf spray paint and a bunch of homemade stencils. And of course a hell of a lot of patience. It took 4 days to paint this. Painted in layers with 2 to 3 high gloss clear coats between each layer. Each layer had to be allowed to dry before applying the next. Of course a little understanding of how flames look helps. It's not perfect by any means but with limited control of a spray can, it's all right. I couldn't get the finer details of actual flames so it's a cross between actual flames and what's known as symmetrical flames. An airbrush would have been better and faster but I don't have (or could afford) an air-compressor.

If there's enough interest, I'll make a video tutorial.

clunk07 wrote:Hey Mig,

that looks awesome!! I assume that you've used an airbrush to create the flames?

Very, very sweet indeed!!
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu May 05, 2011 2:10 am

Again, that paint job is just fantastic, its one of, if not the best paint jobs i've seen done on a blaster yet.

I couldnt copy your paint job though, yours should be a one-off.
    But would could blame anyone wanting to re-create it!!

Awesome work, and cant wait to see it in action at Massacre 6!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu May 05, 2011 3:02 am

makeitgo wrote:Thanx for the props! Actually it wasn't done with an airbrush. It's all off the shelf spray paint and a bunch of homemade stencils. And of course a hell of a lot of patience. It took 4 days to paint this. Painted in layers with 2 to 3 high gloss clear coats between each layer. Each layer had to be allowed to dry before applying the next. Of course a little understanding of how flames look helps. It's not perfect by any means but with limited control of a spray can, it's all right. I couldn't get the finer details of actual flames so it's a cross between actual flames and what's known as symmetrical flames. An airbrush would have been better and faster but I don't have (or could afford) an air-compressor.

If there's enough interest, I'll make a video tutorial.

That's pretty damn impressive for rattle cans. I made some flame stencils a few weeks ago, but haven't got around to testing them out yet. You've inspired me to get myself organised.

Cheers,
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Thu May 12, 2011 6:16 pm

I forgot to post this yesterday.

If anyone has ordered some C-874 springs from Bunnings within the last 2-3 weeks, confirm with Bunnings again ASAP, if the order is still active.
    I dropped by asking, "Are the springs in yet? Because I haven't heard anything from you within the last 2 weeks."

Apparently, Mayo Hardware's (the folks who supply Bunnings with the springs) Melbourne office closed down or pissed off somewhere else (phone line is disconnected), and they cancelled the order WITHOUT notifying Bunnings.

Basically, Mayo Hardware (national office) told Bunnings, "Oh shit. I remember that order. Yeah, we cancelled it but forgot to tell you guys."

( ಠ益ಠ) 凸 ~Mayo Hardware. Not happy, Jan.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Sat May 21, 2011 6:00 am

Just a thought regarding the turret, has anyone sized up a Buzzbee Tek10 turret?
    The rotation mech. on the triple shot and dart gun appear the same as a Tek6. Maybe someone can try for a DecaShot?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sat May 21, 2011 6:17 am

Hmm not too sure, buzz bee and airzone might be different design..but for an extra 2 shots it would be worth it.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Sat May 21, 2011 6:26 am

That was actually my first attempt. The Tek ten turret (also the Thunderbolt) is too wide a diameter.to fit into the TS. It can be done but major shell modification is required. I'm working on putting on an Ultimate rapid blast turret on to a TS. 12 Barrels. I'm also trying to create a Tommy 20 shotgun based on the TS. This thing is MASSIVE. Wait til you see the mock up video/pictures. Freakin' RIDICULOUS!!!!

Dietzie wrote:Just a thought regarding the turret, has anyone sized up a Buzzbee Tek10 turret?
    The rotation mech. on the triple shot and dart gun appear the same as a Tek6. Maybe someone can try for a DecaShot?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sat May 21, 2011 6:32 am

The Tommy 20 sounds interesting. Looking forward to this one.

I can now see everyone going to google looking up rapid blasts, or just buying them straight away, haha.

I admit, i went to google, but thought how the hell you going to mount that!

makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Sat May 21, 2011 7:12 am

I'm up for a challenge! I know it's not going to be easy or easily replicated that's why I want to do it. I have it already drawn up and according to my drawings and estimations it should work. The first one will probably look very hacked together but once I get all the measurements down correctly, my second one should look perfect.
    As for the tommy 20 shotgun. I'll be satisfied with it being ugly but functional however impractical. This thing is going to be MASSIVE. I laugh whenever I look at it. It is definitely just going to be an FU blaster. If you're over 6'4" and can curl 50lbs easily, this may be for you. The chances of this thing being replicated are going to be next to nil.

boosted6 wrote:The Tommy 20 sounds interesting. Looking forward to this one.

I can now see everyone going to google looking up rapid blasts, or just buying them straight away, haha.

I admit, i went to google, but thought how the hell you going to mount that!

Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Sat May 21, 2011 8:04 am

Well at least I wasn't the only one to think of it lol. Looking forward to seeing your next projects
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:09 am

I think I am lucky as, I just bought the "dart shooter" and I opened the turret and the star had no glue on it!
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 am

In the double pack or the single pack?
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am

ElementGuy wrote:I think I am lucky as, I just bought the "dart shooter" and I opened the turret and the star had no glue on it!

Where from?
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

TRU at Tea Tree Plaza.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:22 pm