Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
clunk07
RL
littlebro05
Frankie27
killerbunny
neumein
redcricket077
Luke
TheBradl3s
13 posters

Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement

TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Empty Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement

Post  TheBradl3s Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Ok, lets get started. Raider Sux.. Yeah we know. Bit its a great rushing or Anti-Rush weapon. Here's how to make it semi-decent.

FYI, the pics aren't great as they are taken from my iPhone because my Camera batteries were dead. Anyway, Live with it

What you need:
    - 3 day/5 minute Epoxy
    - Duct Tape/E Tape
    - Lube
    - Washer
    - Sand Paper
    - A Nail
    - Long drill/Hammer and a Screw Driver

OPTIONAL:
    - Replacement Spring (available from black tactical)

Well, first off get your raider and take it apart:
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0058ygCovers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0061dej

Then take these out:
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0062rz

Now take those silver screws out, and then take the plunger assembly out.
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0063oy

Now, Grab the assembly and get the nail and take the bolt sled off the barrel assembly.
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0066wa

Then drill/hammer out the AR's, it should Look something like this (Before -> After) [Yes I know the pics suck, im sorry. Want a Cookie? Well you cant have one.]
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0068scCovers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0069m

Now get the barrel assembly and there will be a small hole. Get your Duct Tape or E-Tape and wrap that hole. Should look something like this:
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0077sbCovers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0071wp

Reverse Plunger Reinforcement
    This is incredibly simple. Yet I have had a number of people still not understanding this.

Get your plunger tube and a washer that will fit nicely on the back. (Id tell you the size, but I just found one laying around. Its honestly not that hard to take the plunger tube to the hardware shop and sample washers until you find one that fits.)
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0072ll

Now grab your sand paper and lightly sand down the back of the plunger tube and the washer. This will give the epoxy some more grip and last longer.
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0074uqp

Now, mix up your epoxy and glue the washer on. You can use 3day or 5 minute epoxy, Just depends on how impatient you are.
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0080vq

Now, put everything back together again and replace the springs if you want to, and your all good!
    Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Img0083zy

Now you have a semi decent raider.

- Brad
    Luke
    Luke

Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Empty Re: Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement

Post  Luke Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Brad what ranges are you getting?
    'BTW: Nice review
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Empty Re: Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:38 pm

That's a very nice semi-decent raider. I just used a small nail to knock the pin out of the sled. I found that the hardest part of the whole ordeal, so maybe it would help someone?
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Luke wrote:Brad what ranges are you getting?
    'BTW: Nice review

Havent range tested it, but, with the upgrade spring... 30ft? The faux barrel doesnt help.

- Brad
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:42 pm

30ft Are you serious that is Crap! But anyway is there any other improvement that could get this blaster into the 50's?
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Try some o-rings Luke. I got a 10 feet difference with a better o-ring.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Its the faux barrel... its kills alot of what is already leaving. And the spring isn't much different to the stock one anyway, but if it gets too strong, it makes it harder to prime for slam fire.

So basically a stronger spring.

EDIT: I could try improving the seal, but I found the stock seal to be efficient.

- Brad
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Ok thanks Brad and Red ,Will do.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah I guess you have to test o-rings on what you get. In the end for the raider, the main thing is the spring.
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 pm

I've basically done the same, and found plunger seal to be the deal-breaker. I threw some Teflon tape under the o-ring, and with stock spring, I get 35-40 feet. With a replacement spring, which is slightly stronger, I can get 40-45, which is better than the 15ft stock I was getting
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:29 pm

I did a dead space removal on mine not sure if it was really worth it.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm

What about a power stock? Ive had one on my raider since day dot, and it works quite well.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:17 pm

You should actually be getting at least 50ft (slightly angled) with those mods. 60ft if angled to the max.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Props Brad

littlebro05 wrote:You should actually be getting at least 50ft (slightly angled) with those mods. 60ft if angled to the max.

I suppose the right darts also go a long way to achieving 50 feet.

I've done similar mods to my Alpha Trooper. Does a spring spacer make much of a difference? Cause I've done that too.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 pm

2120 wrote:Props Brad

littlebro05 wrote:You should actually be getting at least 50ft (slightly angled) with those mods. 60ft if angled to the max.

I suppose the right darts also go a long way to achieving 50 feet.

I've done similar mods to my Alpha Trooper. Does a spring spacer make much of a difference? Cause I've done that too.

Yep, a spring spacer will pick up a bit more range, and so will oznerfnerd's kit from ebay.

Anyway, on-topic, nice mod tute Brad. You should add the internal pic's to the directory...

Cheers,
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:42 am

Nice work Brad.

I really don't get why people always knock the Recon when it has the exact same plunger volume as an AT and Raider, yet it has the shortest faux barrel to deal with (without the attachment of course) and is therefore capable of more range than the others with the same spring power.

Brunius

Post  Brunius Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:08 am

oxymoron wrote:Nice work Brad.

I really don't get why people always knock the Recon when it has the exact same plunger volume as an AT and Raider, yet it has the shortest faux barrel to deal with (without the attachment of course) and is therefore capable of more range than the others with the same spring power.

Probably because every noob and their dog has one.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:16 am

Depends what darts he's using.

You realize you can remove the AR's fully and neatly using the tube cutter method?

I've had no luck myself messing with the o rings, I just grease the original o ring with better lube.

I wouldn't have bothered gluing the washer on the plunger unless I was using a very heavy spring.

Using basic mods and one of my springs, I've been getting an easy 50-60 feet from this model.

Last edited by oznerfnerd on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:44 am

This is heaps good, but after having my raider for about 8 months with no AR's and the hole patched up, this part broke. It's located on the side of the plunger. It stops the plunger from moving forward too far. Mine broke and now the Raider isn't firing. Is there any way of reinforcing this?

Covers Everything Raider Mod - Inc. Reverse Plunger Reinforcement Raidet11
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:51 am

There is a way to reinforce it... Use common sense and it's pretty easy.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:13 am

I also added a spring spacer as a temporary fix and I was getting 45 feet flat with stock streamlines. That's with AR removed with tube cutting, stock spring, new o-ring and the spring spacer. I think that's the basic range everyone should be getting when they do those mods.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:12 pm