Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+110
Sharkovsky
tacticalnerfer
JeremyArifin
lama9800
Sillyf1car
Tarquin
joshredder
Echoes
Haaron05
Yoman987
DaftYoshi
Mobslut
Kaine
Darkden84
ZeusPwns
Rooksy
Napolean
AbyssHD
FrostCheif
Apex Weapons
Generous
lech
Acerised
GLMC
dchil15
ShadowSniper
WH1PLA5H
boothy
FatherTime
Sicnut
-mirsho
asianassassin325
grimrecka
dafalcon
Nooft1187
|Shadow|
Bacara
natious
IamWaylander
iamthatcat
TheTrueMcMuffin
TylerMaxwell
NORTHENGHOST
Sheepie_125
Philb2323
stoph
N.W.A.T
inPhamous
againstallodds
makeitgo
cfb_rolley
thestick
Bommah
revo
melbourneSTORM4eva
Sir_Spacemonkey
mister_elliott
Sairex
sniperdude49
frostythesnowman
slender
Jeo
JacobYeah
Johnnus
Ungodlyfreak
Samurai
littlebro05
holdentem
Swatsonia
KingCam
oxymoron
GirlyGamer
Joey
melbnerf619
camo1010
LostBoy
abowden
PhantomSambo
UtahR
Sadavi5
evozn
interflop
WV17
spudkopf
False
Dietzie
plulse
Psychosis
Mozart
Akimbo Assassin
Photo Ninja
matt.chopper
redcricket077
phuonguyen
RL
Genacon
gooni
TooBz
ElementGuy
obrieal
Unknown
Silent Scope
SnowDragon
boosted6
Zinv
Frankie27
Luke
clunk07
TheBradl3s
Winterstrike
114 posters

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  clunk07 Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

^^ Try re-sizing your picture mate, so we can see the whole blaster.

Cheers,
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  Sadavi5 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm

Abowden: I sell locally if it's not a commissioned piece, and there's half a year of leeway to sell a finished work. Only after that time does it go in the pile. But when they do sell, it's a slaughter. :p
    False: Yep, it's the D9-Looking Doubleshot.
    Clunk: Resized it. Sorry, usually the 800 works. Backed it down to 600.
    False
    False

Post  False Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:40 am

Hoppered with 12" conduit barrel. Paintjob soon, going for a wooden and brass effect.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1829v
    By false_ at 2012-01-26
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 am

False wrote:Hoppered with 12" conduit barrel. Paintjob soon, going for a wooden and brass effect.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1829v
    By false_ at 2012-01-26

Awesome. Whered u get the wye's for the hopper? BT?
    False
    False

Post  False Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:56 am

Thanks :). ahtani on the SGNerf forums. Great seller btw, fast replies and postage.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 am

LOL! Looks so war illegal. At the same time has marshmellow blaster on the side. I've leave that on there if you want to use it at a war :P.

If that was pump action. Life complete.
    inPhamous
    inPhamous

Post  inPhamous Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:30 am

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 2012-012

i dont know what im gonna call this baby.
    False
    False

Post  False Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:43 am

Well, Lilbro, your not going to like what I've done with it now, haha. Finished the wooden part. What colour should I paint the black parts? Or should I leave them?

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1833bh
    By false_ at 2012-01-26

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1834cr
    By false_ at 2012-01-26
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:45 am

I'd go for a blued gunmetal look.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 am

Sadavi5 wrote:
    Clunk: Resized it. Sorry, usually the 800 works. Backed it down to 600.

Sorry mate,

Wasn't referring to your pic, it was the one smg Stampede after yours. Nice work as always though!!

Cheers,
    False
    False

Post  False Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:42 am

mister_elliott wrote:I'd go for a blued gunmetal look.

That would look alright, not sure if it would compliment the wooden effect though.
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am

False: It would depend on the look you're going for. Modern techy-looking crossbow, silver up the black, and give the now-silver areas a light gray or black speckle wash, then Satin clear coat or lacquer. If you want an older (steampunk, victorian, or medieval) look, bronzed gold is the way to go. Bronze base with gold highlights, matte coat or light lacquer. Your wood turned out great (really, it looks fantastic from the pics, outstanding job) and already looks a bit archaic so I'd myself be tempted to go with the bronzed gold at this stage to stay with the current aesthetic, but it's ultimately up to you.
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 am

[quote="sniperdude49"]Heres my Rscb Longshot:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Hni_0012

I know its an old post, but i was browsing youtube and found a video on how this rscb longshot works for all the people that are wondering how it works.

Skip to 3:53, He gives an overview of how it works.

Last edited by JacobYeah on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

Latest update on the WTFG... well, I mean, it's not the WTFG NOW, it's the AMR-B15 Dual Velociter Plasma Cannon. Eventually going to be an homage to District 9, complete with white and orange color scheme... something I've never done before and am looking forward to. Same internal stuff as before, and did a range test; about 50 feet even on average with just a little variation. Showed the darts I'm using in the pic. I'd be curious to PETG the shells and see if I can spit any more distance out of this baby.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Amr-b110
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 pm

F2000 anyone? (Personally I think it looks like an f2000)

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img_1811

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 500_f2000_1
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:56 pm

I think you just need to work on the stock and have that face scope on top and it'll look epic.

The sad thing is the actual clip is front loaded
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:41 am

It is coming
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 WP_000152

Bit of triming and fine tuning and this should be a goer
    N.W.A.T
    N.W.A.T

Post  N.W.A.T Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 am

This is my first painted and modified LS. I'm planning to buy another one and making it perfect by adding an brass breech, 14 kg spring, integrating it with the LSFG and painting it blood red and matte black.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 P1030912
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:12 am

@Dietzie I see how it works, I hope it is as reliable as the other breach design, yours is entirely different (for those who didn't that)
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 am

Dietzie wrote:It is coming
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 WP_000152

Bit of triming and fine tuning and this should be a goer

so looking at your photo i understand that it works by pushing the entire breech into the front barrel?
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:55 am

@ frosty: That how it works. The breech/reciever and barrel are mobile.
    @ abowden: It feeds reliably, just have to make some adjustments to get it firing reliably.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:05 am

I suggest cutting the barrel hole closer to the breach (couldn't hurt right?) and bevelling the barrel cover.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 am

Dietzie wrote:@ frosty: That how it works. The breech/reciever and barrel are mobile.
    @ abowden: It feeds reliably, just have to make some adjustments to get it firing reliably.

is it because the barrel is too tight? or the breech and receiver are retracting before the plunger is firing?
    PhantomSambo
    PhantomSambo

Post  PhantomSambo Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:26 am

I saw this thread yesterday. http://orangemodworks.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1309548048/14#14

I thought "Hey, that looks pretty do-able." And I picked up my longshot, and my barrel break, and smiled crazily.

24 hours later, I hold this in my hands. (Tough guy pose was not optional)

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Snapsh11

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Snapsh12

Posting because I haven't posted in so long.
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:43 am

Nice masterkey mod you got there, Sambo! If that barrel extension on your LS is purely for cosmetics and you don't necessarily shoot with it, disregard this next observation - but I can see a fair bit of flex in it due to the sheer length and the silencer/flash hider suspended on the end. That, and would imagine that the amount of conduit the dart has to travel through would drastically (and negatively) effect ranges. I reckon lop off 6-8 inches and you'll be better off. Just a thought
    PhantomSambo
    PhantomSambo

Post  PhantomSambo Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:51 am

stoph wrote:Nice masterkey mod you got there, Sambo! If that barrel extension on your LS is purely for cosmetics and you don't necessarily shoot with it, disregard this next observation - but I can see a fair bit of flex in it due to the sheer length and the silencer/flash hider suspended on the end. That, and would imagine that the amount of conduit the dart has to travel through would drastically (and negatively) effect ranges. I reckon lop off 6-8 inches and you'll be better off. Just a thought

Thanks for noticing, I forgot to point this out.
    I don't shoot with it (It's now impossible to load the Barrel Break with the barrel on), but the 'flash hider/suppressor' on the end is made of foam wrapped in duct tape. It's very light, and I get suprisingly little to no flex on it. It's the same length as the Front Gun, so it has the same effect on performance as when that is attached.

How's yours coming along?
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 am

Most of the firing issues I am having is due to the barrel/breech cover not being fixed in position yet so as I can still adjust it.
    All parts are yet to be beveled.
    Should have it done in the next couple of days
    False
    False

Post  False Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 am

Finished up the paint job, I went with drybrushed silver for the black parts. Also, I made a range test video hereon my channel. Results: flat- around 100ft, angled- 115ft

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1838z
    By false_ at 2012-01-28
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1836w
    By false_ at 2012-01-28
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1840xw
    By false_ at 2012-01-28
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Img1839t
    By false_ at 2012-01-28

Feedback is encouraged
    PhantomSambo
    PhantomSambo

Post  PhantomSambo Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am

False wrote:
    Feedback is encouraged

Feedback? Nobody's gonna give you anything back, they're too busy running from you. Speaking of which, *flees*
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 am

Well, it looks awesome, apparently performs great, I like it
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 pm

PhantomSambo wrote:
    stoph wrote:Nice masterkey mod you got there, Sambo! If that barrel extension on your LS is purely for cosmetics and you don't necessarily shoot with it, disregard this next observation - but I can see a fair bit of flex in it due to the sheer length and the silencer/flash hider suspended on the end. That, and would imagine that the amount of conduit the dart has to travel through would drastically (and negatively) effect ranges. I reckon lop off 6-8 inches and you'll be better off. Just a thought

Thanks for noticing, I forgot to point this out.
    I don't shoot with it (It's now impossible to load the Barrel Break with the barrel on), but the 'flash hider/suppressor' on the end is made of foam wrapped in duct tape. It's very light, and I get suprisingly little to no flex on it. It's the same length as the Front Gun, so it has the same effect on performance as when that is attached.

How's yours coming along?

Ah that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up! Without knowing much details on the mod itself, or the practicality of this workaround I'm about to suggest - would you be able to mount the Barrel Break from the barrels themselves, making the aft of the gun (trigger, breeches, etc) the moving part? It'd take some considerable strengthening/reinforcement, but it would then mean you could load the BB whilst the barrel extension is in place. Just something to ponder..

For risk of making this thread more "heavy discussion" instead of the "light discussion" that is the suggested norm, and since you asked, here's a very (emphasis on very) rough mockup of my current blaster.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 Stoph_12
    (excuse the shocking persian rug, it was a hand me down that makes standing on a concrete shed floor much more comfortable, and I had a shortage of clear desk space)

For those of us playing at home, I've taken the front portion of a Stampede, attached it to the body of a Triple Shot, and (unoriginally) plonked your former Longstrike stock on the end.

I'm running a TS/Recon/AT(?) spring combo at the moment, it's easy enough to prime and doesn't seem to mind being dry fired. I plan to be upgrading to a 13kg spring to simplify (and hopefully upgrade power).

The nifty thing of this build is that I'm experimenting with a conduit/petg breech setup, using recessed o-rings and minimal e-tape to create a 100% airtight and surprisingly low-friction seal that can accommodate streamlines (at worst - if you're in a pinch for ammo options mid-war).

The breech cover will be connected to the rotational arm of the turret (RIP) via a robust aluminium strip, which travels along a lengthened pump action draw; far enough to allow a streamline to drop from a conduit clip that will run along the top of the gun and line up with the breech opening. The theory is to have the ammo capacity of a low-profile RSCB but without the dead-space inherent of such setups.

I didn't really intend for this to become an essay, and will (time allowing) put together a detailed overview of the workings of the blaster at a later date (nearer completion). Awesome blasters coming out of the woodwork, really excited to see what's going on here
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:11 am

Finally done with the AMR-B15 (AKA "WTFG"). Not bad for a bunch of junk parts headed for the dump and a paint job I've never tried before! Ranges are still around 45-50 feet with weighted Lanard Short Darts, holding capacity of 15 darts, fires practically all kinds but is best with the named ones. I think I figured out too late how I was SUPPOSED to get the orange lines cleaner (base of black, tape, base orange, tape, base white... so obvious in retrospect) but I'm still very satisfied with how it turned out. Plus it's nice to get away from bronze, gold, and silver for a while. :p

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 6 2012-011
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:21 am

I think we should rename this thread to Sadavi5's blasters thread
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 am

>.> Sorry. This one was just a really weird blaster for me so I wanted to track it publicly. On the bright side, this is the last shot so it'll be a while before I post one 'o my own again. Still gonna lurk and comment as per usual, though. :p
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:09 am

Keep on posting away. These sort of things is what inspires others to mod their blasters or aesthetically improve the look them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am