Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
littlebro05
RetfirDMX
Joey
Kaine
TylerMaxwell
Jeo
sniperdude49
11 posters

Full metal hand welded longshot boltsled

sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Full metal hand welded longshot boltsled Empty Full metal hand welded longshot boltsled

Post  sniperdude49 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:14 am

Link:http://remedymetal.com/0102000.html

LorDraconicals review:

Last edited by sniperdude49 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jeo
    Jeo

Full metal hand welded longshot boltsled Empty Re: Full metal hand welded longshot boltsled

Post  Jeo Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:03 pm

$70...
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Full metal hand welded longshot boltsled Empty Re: Full metal hand welded longshot boltsled

Post  TylerMaxwell Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:17 pm

70 dollars?

I'd rather go for Xplorer.
    Kaine
    Kaine

Post  Kaine Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Whilst I am fervently for the excessive use of metal in making things, I don't quite see the point of it.
    Xplorer is cheaper, lighter and easily strong enough for any sensible setup.
    If you really absolutely need a SS boltsled (due to spring load I mean) then you will need a lot more SS parts, and a gym membership. Also probably some darts made of something a little heavier and sturdier than foam.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Yep gotta agree here xplorer is the way to go.

Slightly off topic does chrisB still do metal longshot boltsleds? Mine have held up well
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Kaine wrote:Whilst I am fervently for the excessive use of metal in making things, I don't quite see the point of it.
    Xplorer is cheaper, lighter and easily strong enough for any sensible setup.
    If you really absolutely need a SS boltsled (due to spring load I mean) then you will need a lot more SS parts, and a gym membership. Also probably some darts made of something a little heavier and sturdier than foam.

At this point, you'd be making what's not even a dart gun anymore, a blaster with fully SS internals would be a sight.
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Post  RetfirDMX Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:06 pm

i'd actually like to see someone make a high-strength quenched steel priming rod with good handles that don't pop off under load. my priming rod is bending :/
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:51 pm

RetfirDMX wrote:i'd actually like to see someone make a high-strength quenched steel priming rod with good handles that don't pop off under load. my priming rod is bending :/

This, so much this
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:53 pm

You gotta remember guys he"s just starting out.

Here is a review video from Drac:
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 am

At the end of the day. I can reinforce my boltsled for $10, and get the same results.
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:35 am

littlebro05 wrote:At the end of the day. I can reinforce my boltsled for $10, and get the same results.

If we're gonna get super technical, Lord Drac (who is a pretty reliable source for things OTHER than range tests, lol) said that average reinforcement can't handle 25 KG loads, and yes you'll need more parts, but this definitely isn't just a gimmick, it's made for war.
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Post  RetfirDMX Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:28 am

what brassed longshot really needs over 25kg? i'm riding on 20kg with an alu-plate reinforced explorere boltsled, and i'm having more problems with my priming handle than anything else.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 am

TylerMaxwell wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:At the end of the day. I can reinforce my boltsled for $10, and get the same results.

If we're gonna get super technical, Lord Drac (who is a pretty reliable source for things OTHER than range tests, lol) said that average reinforcement can't handle 25 KG loads, and yes you'll need more parts, but this definitely isn't just a gimmick, it's made for war.

he actually says 25 pounds which equates to about 11.3 kg. i have the alu brackets on my longshot and have no troubles with 17+ kg loads.

(on the other hand do you think drac could even prime anything with more then 11kg in it?)
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:16 pm

frostythesnowman wrote:
    TylerMaxwell wrote:

he actually says 25 pounds which equates to about 11.3 kg. i have the alu brackets on my longshot and have no troubles with 17+ kg loads.

(on the other hand do you think drac could even prime anything with more then 11kg in it?)

Drats, silly american equivalencies strike again,also what LS doesn't have over 11 KG if it's well modded...jees. But still, this COULD take 25 KG. maybe.

And about Drac...probably not hahaha, those skinny arms.
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Post  RetfirDMX Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:29 pm

i don't really like drac. he's big, but his workmanship doesn't match up with the amount of acknowledgment he gets.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:34 pm

RetfirDMX wrote:his workmanship doesn't match up with the amount of acknowledgment he gets.

This. I never understood the amount of credit he gets.
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Post  RetfirDMX Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 pm

I guess its just the sheer magnitude of money spent on buying like, every new release as they are released. Money speaks
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 am

In terms of his priming ability, he can cycle a pumpsnap rather well, and that uses a K26, which is about 13 kgs, from memory.

The whole mass credit for what he does is also confusing.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:37 pm

As previously mentioned a few times on here, I've had a reinforced boltsled (only coathanger, not alu brackets) disintegrate with a 32kg spring load. This was just a destruction test, as even I really struggled to prime it (took both hands, and buttstock against chest)

With what I classify as a normal spring load - 16/17kg - I'm yet to see a boltsled break, and I currently have 4 of these in my collection. The whole steel sled sliding against plastic channels in the shell is eventually going to cause issues as well, imho.

Cheers,
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 pm

I do believe a full metal bolt sled would look awesome but as clunk said, it will cause issues in the longrun as well. Any one that has or does work with metal, will know how much of a pain it can be. It shrinks, expands, warps and twists.

Reinforced plastic is a much better and easier option IMHO. It will always retain it's shape and if it's reinforced correctly, can withstand a decent spring load.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 am