Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+27
Kinetic Waffle
KingCam
Switchblade
Silent Scope
Chaos-Blades
Johnnus
Psykka
abowden
night stalker
mull
boosted6
dandaldaks
Rees85
Mozart
oxymoron
NachoTaco
-mirsho
Xoenz
Luke
melbnerf619
lefty
matt.chopper
TheBradl3s
littlebro05
Swatsonia
Darth Lai
clunk07
31 posters

ERTL shotgun blasters pre-order/show of interest

boosted6
    boosted6

ERTL shotgun blasters pre-order/show of interest - Page 2 Empty Re: ERTL shotgun blasters pre-order/show of interest

Post  boosted6 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Yeah its just that shotgun look. Once a barrel is put on, it can look like a real firearm from a certain distance.

Would have more chance with the RFSG than the PAS i think.

But like i said, once you send them a quick email they will get back to you within 24hrs.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

ERTL shotgun blasters pre-order/show of interest - Page 2 Empty Re: ERTL shotgun blasters pre-order/show of interest

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:04 pm

UPDATE:

I'VE JUST ORDERED 6 X PAS AND 2 X RFSG.

I'm hoping to get these shipped in the one parcel, but size will be a major constraint. The reason for so many PAS as opposed to RFSG is the size and weight. The RFSG is over twice the weight of the PAS, and is 2 inches too long to fit in the biggest shipping carton that I can use. They will still fit, but instead of fitting 10 in a box (like I should be able to with the PAS), they'll need to sit diagonal, and I'm unsure as to how much dead-space this will consume.

Don't bother with sending bulk PM's at this stage hassling me about delivery times. Let's all just wait and see the price I get for shipping, and custom's issues etc. I'll keep this thread updated as things progress, and if it pans out, I'll contact people via PM with an expected delivery date to my address. We'll be able to continue from there.

NB - to save everybody involved some coin, I'll be instructing the 3rd party merchant to remove all blaster's from the shitty packaging. This will cut-down on weight and size, and allow for consolidated shipping. Obviously they'll use packaging peanuts/bubble wrap to protect the blasters.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:06 pm

boosted6 wrote:Yeah its just that shotgun look. Once a barrel is put on, it can look like a real firearm from a certain distance.

Would have more chance with the RFSG than the PAS i think.

But like i said, once you send them a quick email they will get back to you within 24hrs.

Yeh, the RFSG should be much simpler. But hopefully, a bit of advanced warning should save alot of dicking around with Custom's. Thanks again for the good idea.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 pm

I hope I'm on the list lol.
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Note well:
    Urban Taggers got their Xploderz guns confiscated by customs.

http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2011/02/rant-xploderz-distribution-and-customs.html

Also, if the whole package is worth more than $1000 (including postage), a duty needs to be paid, which has GST stacked on top of that.
    Yes, a tax on a tax.

The deputy service provider better split the goods into smaller boxes, though shipping will be a tad more, but it's still better than around +22% of the value in taxes.

clunk07 wrote:NB - to save everybody involved some coin, I'll be instructing the 3rd party merchant to remove all blaster's from the shitty packaging. This will cut-down on weight and size, and allow for consolidated shipping. Obviously they'll use packaging peanuts/bubble wrap to protect the blasters.
    No. Keep at least 1 of the packaging, at least folded up, as this provides documentation of the product.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 pm

thats because they were technically paintball guns
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:16 pm

mull wrote:Note well:
    Urban Taggers got their Xploderz guns confiscated by customs.

http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2011/02/rant-xploderz-distribution-and-customs.html

Also, if the whole package is worth more than $1000 (including postage), a duty needs to be paid, which has GST stacked on top of that.
    Yes, a tax on a tax.

The deputy service provider better split the goods into smaller boxes, though shipping will be a tad more, but it's still better than around +22% of the value in taxes.

clunk07 wrote:NB - to save everybody involved some coin, I'll be instructing the 3rd party merchant to remove all blaster's from the shitty packaging. This will cut-down on weight and size, and allow for consolidated shipping. Obviously they'll use packaging peanuts/bubble wrap to protect the blasters.
    No. Keep at least 1 of the packaging, at least folded up, as this provides documentation of the product.

Yeh, Order's will be kept under the GST exemption amount. Good idea with the packaging. Thanks for the extremely useful info!!
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:00 pm

You've ordered already ?! That was freaken quick LOL

Are they for yourself, or you just testing out the delivery setup and any issues etc etc?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm

-mirsho wrote:You've ordered already ?! That was freaken quick LOL

Are they for yourself, or you just testing out the delivery setup and any issues etc etc?

Pretty much just a test of how much delivery will be. As I'm new to this whole set-up, I thought it best that I use my coin for the guinea pig!! If they arrive, I'll only be keeping 1 x PAS for myself. I didn't really want to stuff around with it, seeing as they're discontinued. It would really suck if I couldn't find any stock once I got organised...
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm

That would suck so bad ): Hopefully it all works out well and we get some sweet blasters going! (ALL thanks to Clunk!)
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I'd be pretty interested in probably 2 rapid fire ones pending solid unit price.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 am

I may be interested in an RFSG if the final price (per unit) isn't too high. However, I wouldn't be interested in getting one until near Christmas, or at least quite late in the year.
    I'll probably get a TS and quad it first, though.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:02 am

Johnnus wrote:I may be interested in an RFSG if the final price (per unit) isn't too high. However, I wouldn't be interested in getting one until near Christmas, or at least quite late in the year.
    I'll probably get a TS and quad it first, though.

Yep, the price is probably going to be high - this is a discontinued blaster. I really doubt I'll have any at Christmas - maybe Santa??

At this stage, I've only been able to locate another 6 RFSG's to purchase, and they may be gone before the first package arrives in Oz. Anyway, only time will tell.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 am

Customs will open them and go, "ah, it's just a toy."

The furthest they will go is to give you a phone call to ask what they are.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:10 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:Customs will open them and go, "ah, it's just a toy."

The furthest they will go is to give you a phone call to ask what they are.

I figured they'd pretty much just do that. Either way, I'll give them a bit of warning, to attempt to stop them stuffing me around for ages. I've had problems with custom's delays in the past.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:14 am

Clunk - Have I been factored in for this first order?
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 am

I did my best to get those RFSGs to the Melbourne crew, my connections have completely failed on me. And I'm very pissed about that.

I've noticed there are far fewer being listed than what was there when I was working within the previous month to try to get them here. I might give this guy an absolute flogging when I talk to him.

Absolutely pissed.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Hey SS,

That's not cool mate - I hate when shit like that happens. I'm really hoping that this project doesn't venture down a similar path...

I have noticed a rapid decline in availability just over the last week, which isn't real good. PAS's won't be so bad, but the RFSG's will definitely be an issue.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:04 pm

On the subject on this contact, I was able to talk to him earlier. Some shit about mid-term finals or whatever...

I'm annoyed over the fact that I have been communicating him for over a fortnight regarding making an arrangement. I don't like how I've been left on the hook regarding my possible procurement of these lovely blasters. It would've been better if he said no from the get go.

All the best clunk, you're doing much better in the shorter time compared to what I have achieved.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Silent Scope wrote:On the subject on this contact, I was able to talk to him earlier. Some shit about mid-term finals or whatever...

I'm annoyed over the fact that I have been communicating him for over a fortnight regarding making an arrangement. I don't like how I've been left on the hook regarding my possible procurement of these lovely blasters. It would've been better if he said no from the get go.

All the best clunk, you're doing much better in the shorter time compared to what I have achieved.

Yep, it's annoying when people lead you on. Hence why I'm paying for these blaster's myself. At least that way, there's no dicking around with returns/unhappy camper's if it falls through. Worst case scenario, I'm either down $300 if the third party can't ship them, or probably $900 if they're shipped, and no one will pay the price I'll need to charge.

An update - half the PAS's have been sent from Amazon to the 3rd party shipping company. Hopefully by this time next week, I'll have a definite price per item (minus domestic postage). I can't see there being much of an issue with custom's if I deal with it pro-actively.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Are you getting the RFSG's via Amazon? Because according to the link below, the cheapest seller currently has 'only' 10 available.
    Oh, and I have a relative going to the US soon. When they come back, will it be an issue with customs?
    Link

Last edited by Johnnus on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Johnnus wrote:Are you getting the RFSG's via Amazon? Because according to this, the cheapest seller currently has 'only' 10 available.
    Oh, and I have a relative going to the US soon. When they come back, will it be an issue with customs?

There was 14 available this morning - goes to show how quick they're selling out. I really can't be sure about customs, but can't see it being an issue if it's declared. Hell, if you're that worried about it, get him to dis-assemble and wrap it before getting on the plane.

Honestly though, I really wouldn't be able to tell you. I doubt it would be an issue, but custom's would be the best people to contact.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:42 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    Johnnus wrote:Are you getting the RFSG's via Amazon? Because according to this, the cheapest seller currently has 'only' 10 available.

There was 14 available this morning - goes to show how quick they're selling out. I really can't be sure about customs, but can't see it being an issue if it's declared. Hell, if you're that worried about it, get him to dis-assemble and wrap it before getting on the plane.

Honestly though, I really wouldn't be able to tell you. I doubt it would be an issue, but custom's would be the best people to contact.

Ok, thanks for that. If he's going to go shopping, I'll ask him to try and get it. If not, then if my parents will allow me to get one I'll post in this thread. If not, then thanks anyway for being so helpful.

Edit:
    After reading some reviews of the RFSG, I think I'll pass for now. I'll let you know if I decide that I'd like one. Thanks for everything!

Last edited by Johnnus on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Johnnus wrote:
    Ok, thanks for that. If he's going to go shopping, I'll ask him to try and get it. If not, then if my parents will allow me to get one I'll post in this thread. If not, then thanks anyway for being so helpful.

No problems - that's what we're here for!!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 1:15 pm

UPDATE -
    Currently, I have procured 6 x RFSG's and 6 x PAS'. Estimated delivery time will be late May/early June.

Unfortunately, I still don't have a definite price. I have had to purchase more RFSG's than I had originally intended, as my supplier has sold 20 units within the last week. With any luck, I should have a definite purchase price (minus domestic postage) by the end of this week. At this stage, I am committed to bringing these blaster's in to the country, so I will need to try and cover this cost regardless. Although, I will cap the maximum price of the RFSG at $130 AUD. Any cost over that, I will cover myself. I'm hoping to get these blaster's closer to the $100 mark - stay tuned for updates.

Current allotment:

RFSG:-

Clunk07 x 2
    Littlebro05
    Lefty
    -mirsho
    Rees85

PAS:-

Clunk07
    Littlebro05
    Oznerfnerd
    Oxymoron
    Mozart
    Matt.chopper

If you've made the list, congratulations. Although, these placements aren't set in concrete. Once I post up total purchase price, I will allow 48hrs for a cooling-off period. After that, I will only consider re-negging with special curcumstances on a case-by-case basis. I won't require any money until the package has arrived, once it has I will post on this thread.

From there, I would request that you PM me with specific details. I will be able to provide estimates on domestic shipping at that stage. I will only accept bank transfer. This will be the procedure:

I post confirmation of delivery of package.
    You PM me with mailing address.
    I provide banking details, and shipping estimate.
    You deposit purchase price only, and I ship package.
    Once package is received, you deposit actual cost of postage.

NB - any attempt to rort the good-nature of my system will result in bad trading review, (and the possibility of me arriving on your door-step!! lol) Admittedly, a large number of people on the list I have traded with before, so I can't see there being any issues.

I'd like to thank everyone for their interest, and I will be looking at another order once I can source some more RFSG's.
    For anyone that has missed out, I can still purchase a few more PAS', but I will need genuine interest expressed in a PM before c.o.b. 5/5/2011.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm

I think it's funny and kind of annoying that they're called RFSGs when the PASs end on the S. They both mean shotgun, which is one word! Lol.

I was a touch bummed that I didn't get in for the RFSG as well, but then I realised I was being greedy and I can only just afford the PAS hahaa. Thanks Clunk (:
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 1:27 pm

Mozart wrote:I think it's funny and kind of annoying that they're called RFSGs when the PASs end on the S. They both mean shotgun, which is one word! Lol.

I was a touch bummed that I didn't get in for the RFSG as well, but then I realised I was being greedy and I can only just afford the PAS hahaa. Thanks Clunk (:

Technically, they should be called RFS' and PAS'... I don't know who came up with the acronym's, I'm just going with the flow.

Yeh mate, you'll see that only myself and littlebro made the list for both, due to the high amount of trading we've done between ourselves since I joined.

Also, I think the domestic shipping would absolutely kill you on both blaster's.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Tue May 03, 2011 1:31 pm

better point about the shipping! I honestly only want the RFS (f*** it, I'm changing it back) for the handle, hahaha! I don't need it, I'll have heaps to go one with once the PAS comes in as well. Cheers, man (:
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Tue May 03, 2011 2:51 pm

I, too, have now managed to procure the RFSGs for those who are in the original pool of those trying to organise them.

To those guys, get your money ready because they're probably expected to arrive in June.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Silent Scope wrote:I, too, have now managed to procure the RFSGs for those who are in the original pool of those trying to organise them.

To those guys, get your money ready because they're probably expected to arrive in June.

That's good news, I probably know now where all the RFSG's have disappeared to!! 8 sold today alone, in under 4 hours...
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Tue May 03, 2011 3:24 pm

What's so good about these blasters? I don't really understand all the hype about them :/
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue May 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Switchblade wrote:What's so good about these blasters? I don't really understand all the hype about them :/

The RFSG is basically an OCTO SHOT, but with 12 rounds. Rear loading. Has capability of hitting 115ft ranges. 140ft even with the new sili tips which are more aerodynamic.

That's what the hype is all about.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 pm

littlebro05 wrote:
    Switchblade wrote:What's so good about these blasters? I don't really understand all the hype about them :/

The RFSG is basically an OCTO SHOT, but with 12 rounds. Rear loading. Has capability of hitting 115ft ranges. 140ft even with the new sili tips which are more aerodynamic.

That's what the hype is all about.

On top of this, they're discontinued, which always brings about a certain amount of hype, provided the blaster was half-decent to begin with. Even the PAS' are capable of some decent ranges, and pump-action prime to boot.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Wed May 04, 2011 11:42 am

I'm withdrawing my intrest in your shipments. Thanks.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Wed May 04, 2011 11:50 am

I might be interested in a pas in your next order or if you can put me in this order and if you price it right.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 pm